New swords

Kanpeki

The new swords that were added are simply too strong for the current state of the game. They feel like they are advanced level when advanced is nowhere near. 

There is little to no masteries which can compete against these weapons atm. 

I know they are hard to drop but being this strong is just an overkill. 

• Like 1

I remember rory saying weapons make up for weapon users' low scaling, that was ight when bandit was the rarest sword in the game but now swords are starting to deal more damage on basic than any of my jutsus would ever do and fans are a whole new lvl with free wide range cc on basic and elementals are just being left behind.
If you cant beat em, join em imma b abusing them broken weapons too

• Like 1

The new fans are stronger than the new swords. The main problem with the balancing of these weapons at the moment is that gentle fist users can abuse these swords on top of the already game breaking mastery that they have.

The fans in this game have a lower stat requirement to equip and to make things worse they both have a 3 tile RANGED melee which cc's, blood fan stuns which is even more broken.

2 hours ago, Rumaki said:

I remember rory saying weapons make up for weapon users' low scaling

This right here. If you got real low scaling or some other negative aspect, Rory puts in another effect to make up for it.

The new Kyuketsukki katana is strong, but the str requirement on it means you have to drop your other mastery so I think it is balanced. Obviously, Fan/wm, Bubble/wm, and Gf/wm are the exceptions (all of which are op). Those complaining about GF/Wm the most also have to realize out of the three it will be the only one that won't get Advanced.

Fans are stronger than the swords because their hit counts for more than one, cancels, jutsus, and hits from a long range. Fan-> tornado-> combo or simply just spamming fan+tool. Swords cannot combo off itself as it only slices.

All in all,

Kuraken sword looks like it multi-hits and does crazy damage and Bostaff looks like it does too much basic damage for a high damaging int user. (This is looking at purely stats and not gameplay)

Fan's triple hit and/or low str requirements should be adjusted.

GF should definitely get reworked. I do not think it is OP by itself because it is something you can run from easily outside of tournament staged 1v1s. Ever since the vacuum nerf, it has always been the 1-2 combo. It is very boring. Pressure point sucks hardcore with bi timer.

The swords are fine imo. Kyuketsukki has more agi stats and 120 str requirement. It's only the select mastery combos (Fan/wm, Bubble/wm, Gf/wm) that might need to have some caps on it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tormenta said:

We will reach to the point where another Core Combat Update will need to be pulled yes or yes to balance the new weapon's dmg if the next swords just get more DMG too, It's just as crazy as the old Core Combat (Where you could hit for 150+ with just 100 int) :(

This is so true. We had the update with Fort being more prominent because Rory wanted to stop instant deletions from brain dead rolls. Now it is slowly coming back because there have not been casual balance tweaks.

The swords are rare, you won't see them around much. They're still not strong enough to get an auto win against a top tier level if you dont know how to play the masteries. 

When advanced come out and new late game weapons/jutsus or anything that follow the current legendary weapons will be obsolete. 

I think the swords are fine and that they do not give any strength like the Fan does.
The only CC sword is the 50% knock back Twin Fangs and the new hard to drop hammer
The other swords require high strength which results u in either low chakra or low hp.

The topic should be "New Fans"
Shoulda say that the Fans have low stat requirement for a 3 tile lan RANGED cc and also that Rory should be nerfing the fan by adding either 30% stun on Crystal and 50% on Blood Iron or that he increases the Strength Requirement

Only thing on the new swords is = they knockback and it's overuse of the same mechanic cause twin fangs already also did knockback.. why is there not a sword that can make you stumble after applying 2 or 3 stacks of bleed.. spice it up a little and make you slow like mud river does

On 4/1/2021 at 4:29 PM, RedRum said:

The new fans are stronger than the new swords. The main problem with the balancing of these weapons at the moment is that gentle fist users can abuse these swords on top of the already game breaking mastery that they have.

The fans in this game have a lower stat requirement to equip and to make things worse they both have a 3 tile RANGED melee which cc's, blood fan stuns which is even more broken.

This right here ^^^^^ Not gonna speak like I know every stat requ and so forth but I noticed that with these new swords are almost always for 1v1's and while yes they dominate in the field it leaves you practically useless when fighting more than 2 people lets be honest. These fans are viable in both groupfights and you can also make dominant 1v1 builds with them with minimal "stat sacrifice". All these new weapons may seem busted while you are fighting 1v1 with someone who maybe has a ring build or someone who puts almost all their stats into STR. Take Ainz'es build with the monkey staff for example, while yes he has high auto damage the weapon brings no interrupts (thank god) so if he isn't careful then he can easily get caught off guard and get bursted down. 

While yes they can kill me in 10 auto's they also get killed in 1 split combo. And yes I am aware thats its way easier for them to kill me then it is for me to kill them but thats just how these builds work. That being said I do think that the Claymore is way too overtuned (Haven't seen the meele speed so I guess my opinion is not set in stone), but im not gonna argue that so its w/e. I do have to say that I dislike the current state of the game which favors these 1v1 type builds way too much but I do realize that while they shine in 1v1's its way easier to outplay them in groupfights.

Only OP on Bubble/Fan/GF + WM. These will be balanced against Advanced so we'll have to wait and see. In the mean time the drops are rare, so unless they drop ~10 of them before Advanced it shouldn't really swing the balance of the game. This game isn't just about 1v1's.

Snake gives a really cool suggestion. Almost everyone agrees instant disable on Autos from tools/weapons is too strong, more so when the stat investment is small. Having a Stack system for applying Status Effects from tools/swords will reward consistency and good gameplay. Instead of a Fan knocking back on hit, each hit applies a stack, 3 stacks applies a knockback. Stronger fans/pipes might have a 25% chance of applying their effect instantly. Obviously it's easier to apply stacks with a triple-hit fan, but a good fan user can't cancel every single cast-time jutsu like they can now.

This way the Claymore can have a strong effect and damage but a slow attack speed, making it harder to build stacks. Meanwhile Twin Fangs has a weaker effect and lower damage, but faster attack speed to apply the effect. Claymore is still stronger, but not in such a bland/vertical way.

• Like 2