Land of Iron Boss stuff

Slifer

Question

I just finished the Land of Iron mission with the help of appa and ana primal. Doing the tower mission was the worst nin experience I've had, and I have been spawn killed by eight year olds in takumi at 2 am. Having finished it, I would like to address a couple things.

When you finish the mission and trigger the cutscene, you are bombarded with flashes of white each time a new npc comes to "help." These flashes of white are actually legit not ok. Many games have seizure warnings for this kind of thing, and there is no warning for this. Your eyes just get combo'd for no reason. I suggest just removing that flash. Give the npcs the flicker animation to come in. Easy and simple.

Secondly, the robes you unlock should have more colors, and the first one should be free. You just did all this work for the entire village, all the samurai you killed (800. I repeat. 8.0.0.), the two insanely op bosses, all the ryo spent on coming back, and you are rewarded with slightly more exp than the bounty hunting mission, and your choice between a blue, brown, pink, or teal robe AND it costs you 22,000 ryo. I think there should be as many color options as at least the 35,000 ryo jacket. Give us the option for a black robe, red robe, orange, purple, yellow, at least please :(. As for making the first one free, that's not as important. It really should be though considering it's supposed to be the Chief's gift to you. "Thank you for saving all of us and doing all the tasks for us, I'll now let you spend 22,000 ryo for one of these four robes." It's kind of like slap to the face to be honest. 

Lastly, the bosses themselves.... You have to cheese these bosses. You cannot have a cool normal fight with them. There is absolutely no reason they should be able to flicker to you, stun you, then one shot you. You cannot create a build that doesn't get one shot. Kanye West said it best, no one man should have all that power. Well, two men do, and it is not cool. The other thing is health. These boys are BEEF cakes. You could make them stand still and do nothing and it would take one person 10 minutes to drain their health, probably longer. I'd suggest making the health less, and damage less. It still has to be a boss, I don't want them to be glacier bear tier. But hey, maybe reduce the damage per hit to like 700 and not 4000. And decrease their health by like 1/4 or 1/5. 

And I know I said lastly, but pls those rooms are so small. Why so small? 

If nothing else, pls I want to buy a red fur robe ;-;

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Slifer said:

I just finished the Land of Iron mission with the help of appa and ana primal. Doing the tower mission was the worst nin experience I've had, and I have been spawn killed by eight year olds in takumi at 2 am. Having finished it, I would like to address a couple things.

When you finish the mission and trigger the cutscene, you are bombarded with flashes of white each time a new npc comes to "help." These flashes of white are actually legit not ok. Many games have seizure warnings for this kind of thing, and there is no warning for this. Your eyes just get combo'd for no reason. I suggest just removing that flash. Give the npcs the flicker animation to come in. Easy and simple.

Secondly, the robes you unlock should have more colors, and the first one should be free. You just did all this work for the entire village, all the samurai you killed (800. I repeat. 8.0.0.), the two insanely op bosses, all the ryo spent on coming back, and you are rewarded with slightly more exp than the bounty hunting mission, and your choice between a blue, brown, pink, or teal robe AND it costs you 22,000 ryo. I think there should be as many color options as at least the 35,000 ryo jacket. Give us the option for a black robe, red robe, orange, purple, yellow, at least please :(. As for making the first one free, that's not as important. It really should be though considering it's supposed to be the Chief's gift to you. "Thank you for saving all of us and doing all the tasks for us, I'll now let you spend 22,000 ryo for one of these four robes." It's kind of like slap to the face to be honest. 

Lastly, the bosses themselves.... You have to cheese these bosses. You cannot have a cool normal fight with them. There is absolutely no reason they should be able to flicker to you, stun you, then one shot you. You cannot create a build that doesn't get one shot. Kanye West said it best, no one man should have all that power. Well, two men do, and it is not cool. The other thing is health. These boys are BEEF cakes. You could make them stand still and do nothing and it would take one person 10 minutes to drain their health, probably longer. I'd suggest making the health less, and damage less. It still has to be a boss, I don't want them to be glacier bear tier. But hey, maybe reduce the damage per hit to like 700 and not 4000. And decrease their health by like 1/4 or 1/5. 

And I know I said lastly, but pls those rooms are so small. Why so small? 

If nothing else, pls I want to buy a red fur robe ;-;

i full agree i like to add you also get only the rebel title  for it .

1 minute ago, Zealot said:

Its very much doable if you show some initiative and bring a medic with you.

we dont have a medic we only dd it becuase a leaf medic had to show to save our butt you cant force ppl inside most ppl where lv 60 and dont want to waste the extra xp so we had only 3 medic as a option and 1 showed up at the end. but the bosses need ot get there hp nerfed it to much it over 300k hp for sure

3 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Its very much doable if you show some initiative and bring a medic with you.

I'm aware it's doable. I literally made this post after doing it. That means nothing. For the average player, this is hell.

Just now, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I've been killing these bosses since the 3rd day of Land Of Iron release and I haven't had any issues with them. Stop crying about it and trying to make it easier.

BOI SHUT UP YOU HAVE A high as hell int and oyu had blakc rain all the way with you stop acting like you play a normal build with oyur ring oyu have 175 int.

1 minute ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I've been killing these bosses since the 3rd day of Land Of Iron release and I haven't had any issues with them. Stop crying about it and trying to make it easier.

idk why I think that is cap. You are not sitting in that room alone soloing it. You are either cheesing the f out of it, or you have meds with you. Don't tell me you are fighting that thing 1v1 the entire time without leaving either room. 

1 minute ago, Slifer said:

idk why I think that is cap. You are not sitting in that room alone soloing it. You are either cheesing the f out of it, or you have meds with you. Don't tell me you are fighting that thing 1v1 the entire time without leaving either room. 

He is capping big time I saw them cheese it with a med and summon 

• Like 1

I think the biggest issue is that all this effort is worth like 2 days of VMW2s (3 a day). It's the reason I'm not really looking forward to doing it when I'm 50. All that grinding for 2 levels seems underwhelming to me. Toad and LoI are supposed to be questlines that take you through 30-40 and 50-60, respectively, not a bunch of missions that give as much exp as normal dailies, only 10x harder and time consuming, for a total of 2-3 levels and then back to dailies.

The fact that LoI came so long after 60 cap was released and pretty much everyone was already level 60, from doing 50 cap missions, makes it even more underwhelming. Makes me wonder if we'll have to do the same dailies when 70 cap is out and have a questline that feels more torturous than rewarding.

Level 1-60 takes roughly 2 months (for me at least), and if nothing changes in the future, if we get lv100 cap it will take a literal year to level 1-100. We'll probably still be getting Daimyo express at level 99, too..

• Like 4

Regardless what other people say. This LoI quest shows that most people “skip” doing it which is mean it a failure as a developer if you planned this LoI thing to be a main quest. 

And Slifer is right about the boss mechanic, if we dont change it now. Perhaps in the future we would have a boss with 1m HP meanwhile our jutsu hits like 200 damage. Furthermore since the boss can 1 shot you, so i guess the next boss will kill you twice

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Slifer said:

Regardless of how easy or hard it is, a boss shouldn't be made by design to be cheesed. That makes zero sense gameplay wise. You should make bosses able to be reasonably accomplished by normal means. 

he isnt he did the same trick but with a medic the only reason ainz boss counted is becuase his damage overdid the bosses selfdamage.

Lol, I have solo'ed BOTH bosses, it's time consuming but nonetheless achieved. I agree the boss mechanics are stupid in this game, they just increase their hp and dmg, my point here is after you guys killed it once you think you have the right to come on here and complain about it when i've killed the thing over 900 times now.