Nin Online Inochi [New Client Release 2]

Ueda

Dear Ninja,

EDIT: Since this was posted, we've updated the installation with a new patcher. If you installed Nin Online Inochi before 13th April, please re-download it and install it again to receive future updates!

EDIT2: Since this was posted, we've added compatibility for 32-Bit Windows Systems!

We're happy to announce we're finally opening up testing of a "secret" project that we've been working on for awhile now.
For the past few months, we've been working on rewriting our Nin Online client in C#, which will mean the end of the era of Nin Online running on an outdated engine.

We're dubbing this update...
Nin Online Inochi
Which is not a new game title, but just a temporary alias to differentiate between the old Visual Basic game client (and era of visual basic server) and the game moving forward with a modern codebase and renderer. Eventually when we depreciate the old client, we can throw away this distinction. But for the time being, when reporting bugs for example, please do include which version of Nin Online you are currently playing!

The significance of the word Inochi means life and I like that with the new client we can finally address key quality of life improvements, as we're in the middle of rewriting the entire user interface system. We'll also eventually be adding some more ninja lifestyle features like owning houses and organization houses, which would not have been easy with the old client.

Although right now, for the most part, Nin Online Inochi is meant to be a 1:1 recreation of the old client, it still comes with numerous improvements from minor bug fixes to major features, here's some changes...

Zoom & Target Following Camera Options
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

In-game Settings (Including Keybinds)
GIF 4-10-2021 8-02-53 PM.gif

Other cool changes so far

No longer COM dependent (You can now play Nin Online without installing any DLLs)
OpenGL Rendering (Faster and no longer DirectX9 dependent which will help us become cross-platform!)
Improved networking code that should provide more consistent ping/latency
New map rendering system / map cache system that more than doubles FPS for most machines
New WIP options menu where you can visually toggle options rather than just using /commands
Target locked camera when zoomed in (optional)
FPS Lock and VSync options
Fixed not being able to see other players do the jutsu hand pose when charging chakra
Right click + Drag to move around chatbox instead of Shift+Drag
Setting Keybinds directly from in-game

Important notes

1. It is still currently buggy, but the amount of improvements that this new update brings is worth letting new players try using it to see if they are able to withstand the bugs in order to enjoy all the benefits it provides. This includes much better performance and even possibly consistent latency/ping due to better handling of incoming network packets.
  2. We will continue to support the old client for the next few months, but once the new client is ready to have complete features added to it, we will have to discontinue it in order to progress further.
  3. Hair colors are significantly altered in Nin Online Inochi. This is temporary. The reason it's appearance is different is that we're using a new method of coloring the hairstyles that is much more performant and allows us to add many more hairstyles. We intend to make it so you're able to choose ANY hair color on the RGB spectrum in the future.

downloadnew.png

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Tsunade Hinode said:

As one of the Asian players, I could actually feel the significant improvement in ping/latency when using the new client. Thanks so much to all the developers and GM that made this happened. ;)

That's great to hear!

• Like 2

The new client is super zoomed in. It makes it harder to see anything.

Yes, I know about the - + buttons. I know my monitor's specs and it matches the game's. Regardless, of them it is hard to see much. I got enemies spotting me and rushing me from a mile away while using this.

Please fix this resolution/zoom problem. @Ueda

Other than that, my fps is crazy good with the client instead of in the yellow or red all the time.

3 hours ago, Seifer said:

The new client is super zoomed in. It makes it harder to see anything.

Yes, I know about the - + buttons. I know my monitor's specs and it matches the game's. Regardless, of them it is hard to see much. I got enemies spotting me and rushing me from a mile away while using this.

Please fix this resolution/zoom problem. @Ueda

Other than that, my fps is crazy good with the client instead of in the yellow or red all the time.

I've also had this problem it's basically like playing in zoom mode when you're on the normal client.

11 hours ago, Ueda said:

• Hair colors are significantly altered in Nin Online Inochi. This is temporary. The reason it's appearance is different is that we're using a new method of coloring the hairstyles that is much more performant and allows us to add many more hairstyles. We intend to make it so you're able to choose ANY hair color on the RGB spectrum in the future.

This sounds very interestinggggggg
Curious if this could be applied to clothing too :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Takeda Chiyome said:

The game just closes for me the moment I log in it closes

Start the game with administrator, it happened to me when i first tried opening it a couple times then after i opened with administrator it worked. The old client instantly opens with administrator but for the new one you need to open it yourself.

Forgive me because I'm sure this is wrong post to put this under, but I couldn't find a Bug Forum section and when using the automated bot it redirected me every time I selected Bug Report. I'm completely new and just downloaded the client, but every time I click on it and open it to login it closes automatically after I select the server to play on. I've even tried running it as an administrator as well.