Should you pick a non-advanced mastery?

antar86

There has been a lot of debate about whether we are getting mastery to reset or not for players with non-advanced mastery

@Ueda told this in nin discord the other day
Screenshot_73.png.354ee2edb741af2b22a9ec84a6f7227f.png

If you want advance for your character no matter what it might be, pick a mastery that we know will get advance for sure.
Ueda said that we will get a solution and also he is not sure about giving mastery reset or not so it's not the time to panic.

Mastery with adv(thx @Hageshi Date)

c741cd47c57d7117f0ef43211a468cb7-1.png.35d480c665fc2b4997b78642918d813c.png

• Like 1

Why should Meta hoppers get a mastery reset?

You have players who are lv 50+ playing as single masteries, crippling themselves because they enjoy that character and RP vs Wm/med, Earth/Med etc who do it to ravage people and call them weak. Why do the latter deserve a mastery reset? They know the choice they made. With the time it takes to get level 50, it is impossible not to.

If there was to be a mastery reset (not saying there should), it should be for everyone.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, Seifer said:

Why should Meta hoppers get a mastery reset?

You have players who are lv 50+ playing as single masteries, crippling themselves because they enjoy that character and RP vs Wm/med, Earth/Med etc who do it to ravage people and call them weak. Why do the latter deserve a mastery reset? They know the choice they made. With the time it takes to get level 50, it is impossible not to.

If there was to be a mastery reset (not saying there should), it should be for everyone.

Confusion

Not everyone is a meta chaser I personally picked earth med when I saw @ExiledKyoho and @Feinz fight at the end of the Kage tournament I was about to go taijutsu/med or water/med before it and didn't know advance even existed.

Not a clear list or way of knowing which mastery will get an adv and a lot of misinformation

This is what I saw the other day

Screenshot_94.png.478f346107ef1852c532bc434d70dce0.png

Btw this is not a fault of @Kin it just shows that there is still a lot of misinformation and not a correct way of knowing whether you get adv or not some new player might read this and go this mastery only to realize you get nothing and forced to reset.

There is not a clear post or a list regarding which mastery to pick other than some sneaks peaks which don't happen anymore and only old players know about.

Also, You are not warned or told from genin exam or another way to not pick non-advanced mastery.

Delaying meta chasers?

Many of the meta chasers already got a bunch of acc which will have adv or even if they don't they will just level up another acc in 2 months and go pick a meta mastery anyway this is just trying to delay them from getting adv while also hurting players who genuinely didn't know that their mastery won't get an adv.

Increase the number of alt and abandoning the main acc

No one wants to lose all the progress they made on their main acc or lose the things which are bound to them which they earned(war armor, Anbu gear, military police force gear) In most cases they'll just raise a new acc and the amount of alt will increase while they won't play on there the main acc anymore even the players who strictly like to play on one acc.

Solution or alternative to mastery reset?

@Ueda mentioned a solution I don't really mind a mastery reset which only let you pick one of the two mastery you have(if you are water med you can pick solo med or solo water ) or let us pick a different second mastery while one of our mastery stays the same.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, antar86 said:

Many of the meta chasers already got a bunch of acc which will have adv or even if they don't they will just level up another acc in 2 months and go pick a meta mastery anyway this is just trying to delay them from getting adv while also hurting players who genuinely didn't know that their mastery won't get an adv.

By this logic many of the "non-meta chasers" have other accounts they can use for advance too. The people who picked these masteries knew what they were doing. A lot of them even said they will pick the meta now because Rory will help them change it later.

It seems more unfair to those who stuck with their single masteries and combinations that are weaker, to have these people who got to play their over-powered characters and still get a ticket out to get the character they want at the end.

No one wants to lose all the progress they made on their main acc or lose the things which are bound to them which they earned(war armor, Anbu gear, military police force gear) In most cases they'll just raise a new acc and the amount of alt will increase while they won't play on there the main acc anymore even the players who strictly like to play on one acc.

The real solution is having a bank and making all gear sell-able for a reasonable price.

Not everyone is a meta chaser I personally picked earth med when I saw @ExiledKyoho and @Feinz fight at the end of the Kage tournament I was about to go taijutsu/med or water/med before it and didn't know advance even existed.

Honestly, I am not trying to come off as toxic, but I really do not believe you did not know about advance masteries. The time it takes to get to lv 1-50, you would know. Not only that, if you watched Naruto, you would not only ask about it, but reasonably think of elemental combinations.

To repeat myself:

It seems very unethical to tell the community that these are the set mastery combinations so play how you want, but it has to be in this way to get these advanced masteries then give a ticket out to only those who had ignored this and played strong kits the whole time.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, antar86 said:

Also, You are not warned or told from genin exam or another way to not pick non-advanced mastery.

I believe this was because @Ueda wanted diversity in mastery combinations in the player base instead of only roughly 24 mastery combinations (assuming the advanced mastery chart is accurate). ;)

On 4/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, antar86 said:

Not a clear list or way of knowing which mastery will get an adv and a lot of misinformation

I do agree that there should be a way to know which mastery combination will give us advanced mastery but since the development team is still working on that and most probably the combinations are not yet determined so let's just be patient. <3 Nonetheless, I believe that we should play with the mastery we like instead of what will get advanced mastery. For example, if you like to play as Earth/Med, why should you get a mastery reset to solo med, solo earth or other advanced mastery combinations that you don't like that much just because of the advanced mastery? :(

• Like 3