• 7
Itsuku

A thought for players like me.

Question

It's come to my attention that most people who first choose the medic mastery often times reset their characters, due to the difficulty it is to level up against mobs, and depending on the dailies you get, it makes traveling to other villages a nightmare as you tend to get killed on the way there, or on the way back with an item that drops upon death for said mission. My idea would benefit all villages, all players, and hopefully bring more medic/support players to the table. My idea you ask? Granting xp upon healing another player via Treat Wounds, as well as granting xp on reviving players (and other support jutsu excluding cursemark). This would give more urgency (especially during raids) for teams to work together. Another idea, if simply using the jutsu seems too unbalanced, then perhaps granting an item that allows for xp to be obtained while using said medical jutsu, such as surgical gloves, or a headpiece. 

  • Like 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 3
18 minutes ago, Itsuku said:

It's come to my attention that most people who first choose the medic mastery often times reset their characters, due to the difficulty it is to level up against mobs, and depending on the dailies you get, it makes traveling to other villages a nightmare as you tend to get killed on the way there, or on the way back with an item that drops upon death for said mission. My idea would benefit all villages, all players, and hopefully bring more medic/support players to the table. My idea you ask? Granting xp upon healing another player via Treat Wounds, as well as granting xp on reviving players (and other support jutsu excluding cursemark). This would give more urgency (especially during raids) for teams to work together. Another idea, if simply using the jutsu seems too unbalanced, then perhaps granting an item that allows for xp to be obtained while using said medical jutsu, such as surgical gloves, or a headpiece. 

100% THIS. I started my main as a chakra medic but after 2 weeks had to reset, it was nigh impossible to complete many missions and levelling was 1/30th as fast for any other discipline. I completely agree that you should get (A LITTLE) XP for healing someone (not for using the jutsu). Maybe make it based on health actually healed or make it something like: (hp healed/2) * player level". Possibly even make it solely for Treat Wounds since you cant even use that on yourself so it is completely useless for levelling as it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3

What chakra medics need are regular medical scalpels for low level characters with a chakra requirement and a str scaling that become useless after the Chakra Scalpel jutsu is obtained.  They can even be mastery locked. That will help new players overcome the initial low level grinding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
1 minute ago, Chinami said:

What's your suggestion then?

fix the teaming system were u get more exp for teaming thus making it easier to lvl up as a med with the use of the team system

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Fugisawa said:

Great idea my 5 multi clients are waiting to start leveling on macro.

Because that's allowed in the rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 minutes ago, Itsuku said:

It's come to my attention that most people who first choose the medic mastery often times reset their characters, due to the difficulty it is to level up against mobs, and depending on the dailies you get, it makes traveling to other villages a nightmare as you tend to get killed on the way there, or on the way back with an item that drops upon death for said mission. My idea would benefit all villages, all players, and hopefully bring more medic/support players to the table. My idea you ask? Granting xp upon healing another player via Treat Wounds, as well as granting xp on reviving players (and other support jutsu excluding cursemark). This would give more urgency (especially during raids) for teams to work together. Another idea, if simply using the jutsu seems too unbalanced, then perhaps granting an item that allows for xp to be obtained while using said medical jutsu, such as surgical gloves, or a headpiece. 

This is a no bro good job for trying to make lvling better for med but I want to add that the nightmare with going to other villages is shared by pure tais & most wms as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, LionGod said:

This is a no bro good job for trying to make lvling better for med but I want to add that the nightmare with going to other villages is shared by pure tais & most wms as well 

What's your suggestion then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, LionGod said:

fix the teaming system were u get more exp for teaming thus making it easier to lvl up as a med with the use of the team system

It's hard enough trying to get a team for rp missions. At least in Mist anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This just seems way too easy to exploit.

It's hard to level with any mastery just do your dailies and be sneaky man.

Both meds are actually very strong in pvp so I don't know why you're saying they are weak if you encounter enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Gilgamesh said:

This just seems way too easy to exploit.

It's hard to level with any mastery just do your dailies and be sneaky man.

Both meds are actually very strong in pvp so I don't know why you're saying they are weak if you encounter enemies.

I don't see how it could be exploited? You already have guys paying people ryo to go afk so they can level up summons and rank up jutsu. But If you get like 10-20 xp per heal, set, i don't see an issue. Would be less effective than mobbing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
55 minutes ago, Itsuku said:

I don't see how it could be exploited? You already have guys paying people ryo to go afk so they can level up summons and rank up jutsu. But If you get like 10-20 xp per heal, set, i don't see an issue. Would be less effective than mobbing

Medic is broken enough as it is.

  • Like 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, LionGod said:

fix the teaming system were u get more exp for teaming thus making it easier to lvl up as a med with the use of the team system

That does sound like a good idea, but what if you cant find a team (which is very often)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Seifer said:

What chakra medics need are regular medical scalpels for low level characters with a chakra requirement and a str scaling that become useless after the Chakra Scalpel jutsu is obtained.  They can even be mastery locked. That will help new players overcome the initial low level grinding.

chakra scalpel is unlocked at level 15...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Gilgamesh said:

chakra scalpel is unlocked at level 15...

Yeah, the only problem I see is the level between start and Chakra Scalpel. Other than that, medic is fine. People need to use senbons.

If people want actual change to medic meaning more jutsus, there has to be a scaling nerf on heals and BI needs to be applied to all healing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Seifer said:

Yeah, the only problem I see is the level between start and Chakra Scalpel. Other than that, medic is fine. People need to use senbons.

If people want actual change to medic meaning more jutsus, there has to be a scaling nerf on heals and BI needs to be applied to all healing.

The only mastery that has a good farming jutsu before level 15 is int wm lets be honest...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Gilgamesh said:

The only mastery that has a good farming jutsu before level 15 is int wm lets be honest...

I would have to disagree.

If you look at elemental users users they have kunai due to putting points into int, then they get fireball/waterbullet/pillar/lightsenbon/poisonsenb at lv 10

Then you got tai which hits fast and is an easy grind past lv 15.

All special village masteries have the wooden katana to begin with.

It is only pure chakra medics that can only hit for 2 damage with no damaging jutsu at level 10 because they get bandages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/28/2021 at 12:21 AM, Chinami said:

That does sound like a good idea, but what if you cant find a team (which is very often)?

If u can't find a team then lvl the old fashion way (by yourself)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/27/2021 at 3:32 PM, Itsuku said:

It's hard enough trying to get a team for rp missions. At least in Mist anyway

teams for rp missions and farming are two different things and farming teams are easier to find by far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now