What kind of content interests you the most?

Itachi Uchiha

What updates interest you the most?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these kinds of updates do you find to be the most important as of 2021?

• Bug fixes
    • Jutsu/item balance changes
    • Additional jutsu
    • Additional cosmetics: Hair/clothing
    • Additional mobs/bosses/npc's
    • New villages
    • Updates to current villages
    • Re-worked official orgs/New official orgs
    • Automated/hosted gm events
  2. 2. Which of these updates do you want to see less of?

• Bug fixes
    • Jutsu/item balance changes
    • Additional Jutsu
    • Additional cosmetics: Hair/clothing
    • Additional mobs/bosses/npc's
    • New Villages
    • Updates to current villages
    • Reworked official orgs/New official orgs
    • Automated/hosted gm events

Hi there, been a while since I've posted. I'm genuinely curious as to what the player-base is more interested in when it comes to updates. For the sake of assisting staff with content releases (Should they choose to acknowledge what is suggested in this forum post), I have limited the "Preffered content update" to one item. However, with the second question I have left it as a multiple choice to help narrow down what players are and are not interested in. Please remain respectful in your replies.

I, as a player of many years, would love for staff themselves to ask players directly what they want to see. I'm not throwing any kind of shade; I'm simply saying that I would feel much more engaged in the future of Nin Online if staff would make similar discussion topics. 

That said, this is not a staff post. It's a post by a regular player who is interested in the opinions of my fellow gamers. Personally, I would like to see less cosmetic updates and would like to see more updates and changes to official orgs. I'll leave that reasoning to another post perhaps. 

Take note that I am NOT including updates to the client itself in this list. This post is assuming that the client update is the primary focus of the staff team as of April of 2021 and instead focuses on the other aspects of Nin Online's development process both as a side note of the new client and what comes afterwards. Have a nice day/night.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh said:

I think now more than ever with the "advanced tier" weapons...

Advanced is needed to bring balance back to the game.

I agree with that. That said, I would also like more diversity between official org buffs and other advantages to them and possibly the addition of @Yami's Sound 4 suggestion and/or village medical corps.

Engaging/rewarding group content that can be done with the entire village. Unique pve content with unique mechanics , this game has none of that granted the kraken is pretty unique with the tentacles but everything especially the the land of iron bosses just flicker one shots you, instant stun etc that stuff not fun or engaging and drop rates are ridiculous low especially for the time it takes to kill them as well. Slowly losing interest in the game , hopefully we see some decent updates within the next month or so.

2 minutes ago, SaphV2 said:

Engaging/rewarding group content that can be done with the entire village. Unique pve content with unique, this game has none of that granted the kraken is pretty unique with the tentacles but everything especially the the land of iron bosses just flicker one shots you, instant stun etc that stuff not fun or engaging and drop rates are ridiculous low especially for the it takes to kill them as well. Slowly losing interest in the, hopefully we see some decent updates within the next month or so.

I agree with you when you say that the way PVE balance is handled it is not engaging. Things flickering and one shoting you is not a good way of designing challenging encounters in my opinion. Perhaps a puzzle gimmick or other "Objective" in a boss room to weaken it momentarily or something to be destroyed in the boss room to permanently weaken it could allow for some truly enjoyable content. 

I also agree with "World encounters" that require a massive number of players to tackle. For villages it's very doable given a lack of friendly fire. For rogues, it encourages the forming of mutually beneficial organizations with that active member player cap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Insidious said:

I am personally not as hyped for advanced masteries since it will be a while before they are balanced - Do people remember GF, water, etc before was unbalanced until played for a long time and balance patches slowly introduced

I share your less-than-enthusiastic take on advanced masteries being released (And almost definitely unbalanced), but we can't get to balancing them without suffering through the testing phases

We need balance badly. What keeps me from returning to the game is that wm/med and wm/gf(disgusting lore wise, and im a huge hyuuga fan) with some int combos +fan and pipe dominates the fk everything around. 
Im not even gonna touch the subject about op weapons and buffs here...but yea

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crowlock said:

We need balance badly. What keeps me from returning to the game is that wm/med and wm/gf(disgusting lore wise, and im a huge hyuuga fan) with some int combos +fan and pipe dominates the fk everything around. 
Im not even gonna touch the subject about op weapons and buffs here...but yea

100% this.

Additionally, what I personally would be overjoyed to see are the implementation of mini villages with their own locations. That way people can be their own leaders, have their own crews, and not hospital stomp.

• Like 3

When advanced masteries do come out, we won't just have to monitor them and see what needs adjustments, we'll likely have to revisit the current default jutsus correct imbalances that arise there as well.
For example, if Water+Element(s) ends up having a lot of CC, then Water Prison itself might receive some nerf. 

However, I still agree that jutsu balancing and item/weapon balancing is #1 necessary change for me right now. 

• Like 1