New WoF idea

Arashi Himitsu

Question

3 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Arashi said:

Instead of having a passive based off of odds, I was thinking maybe restore 1 hp a second when on a 'forest' map or when you're character is under a tree.

That's a nice idea, but a few points here.
I think Rory doesn't like doing small numbers every small tick (ex. 1 HP per 1 second). If I had to guess, it's because Nin's starting point was from a very old engine, so networked messages were tough to time properly. Rory would probably prefer 50 HP every 50 seconds, instead of 1 HP per second, even though the "rate of HP" is the same.
This is why we regen like 100+ HP every 5 seconds, instead of just regen'ing 20 per second or something. (I'd wish Rory would not do this, though, cause with the new client being in Unity now, you can easily do smoother network).
So if Rory does do something like 50 HP per 50 seconds, then that's also very tough to apply, and when it does trigger, it could look OP.

11 hours ago, Indra said:

My idea was always not to die on the killing blow. A hit that would get you to 0 gets you to 1 hp. Then last hit you die

Tick-based jutsu would counter this too easily. Medic or int WM ninjas could pop you and no one would even notice you have WoF. The passive should be something that's still pretty good and frequently applicable. Mist's is the best IMO by far.