New leaf passive idea: Forest vision

Adarya

Question

To me the idea of village passives is related to having an advantage over your territory.

Mist has the ability to charge and not lose chakra in water, making them deadly at their big ocean zone.

Sand can cloak at desert and not being spoted by anyone and without the necessity of hiding behind something.

But Leaf has will of fire... which to me doesnt really correlate with these two. What does will of fire bring to defend leaf village?

So It got me thinking, what would an advantage be for leaf players to be able to defend their territory, and I got the idea of Forest vision.

The concept is similar to pokemon old school games.

How to get in Granite Cave WITHOUT FLASH move & DEWFORD ISLAND & POKEMON  EMERALD GBA - YouTube

Being able to see in a radious close to the character.  This FOV follows the character while moving and it would translate to be able to see behind trees.

This is a mock up concept of whats the idea I have in mind.

image.thumb.png.5be5a40b9cd501193e98afe09d5913f4.png

Alternatively it could only be limited to be able to see behind leafs only and not the tree trunks like so:

image.thumb.png.40d2346b100e2002182acdf138896d6b.png

By limiting the range within the player is able to see behind the leafs, the other village players won't be as much as an disadvantage when trying to go to the leaf village, they can still take routes from the side of Chakra forest to try not being spotted etc... 

This bring leaf at an advantage while defending their own territory like Chakra forest, Larvas, etc... but its still fair becuase it wont bring much of an advantage inside their village, just like mist passive isnt much of an use inside their own village. 

This is is just an idea I got randomly today and I wanted to make a concept and share it to everyone, I would like to hear your comments and opinions or how this could be more balanced or if you think its too broken, etc...

• Like 9

10 answers to this question

so funny people would rather have this than wof, which in my opinion is an amazing passive.

as a mistie fighting leafies now, I would happily advocate for this passive since it will make your armies weaker and easier to fight

23 minutes ago, Adarya said:

To me the idea of village passives is related to having an advantage over your territory.

Mist has the ability to charge and not lose chakra in water, making them deadly at their big ocean zone.

Sand can cloak at desert and not being spoted by anyone and without the necessity of hiding behind something.

But Leaf has will of fire... which to me doesnt really correlate with these two. What does will of fire bring to defend leaf village?

So It got me thinking, what would an advantage be for leaf players to be able to defend their territory, and I got the idea of Forest vision.

How to get in Granite Cave WITHOUT FLASH move & DEWFORD ISLAND & POKEMON  EMERALD GBA - YouTube

Being able to see in a radious close to the character.  This FOV follows the character while moving and it would translate to be able to see behind trees.

Alternatively it could only be limited to be able to see behind leafs only and not the tree trunks like so:

By limiting the range within the player is able to see behind the leafs, the other village players won't be as much as an disadvantage when trying to go to the leaf village, they can still take routes from the side of Chakra forest to try not being spotted etc... 

This bring leaf at an advantage while defending their own territory like Chakra forest, Larvas, etc... but its still fair becuase it wont bring much of an advantage inside their village, just like mist passive isnt much of an use inside their own village. 

This is is just an idea I got randomly today and I wanted to make a concept and share it to everyone, I would like to hear your comments and opinions or how this could be more balanced or if you think its too broken, etc...

Nice try making an actually good passive for leaf 

1 hour ago, xxanax said:

that sounds like a nice byakugan-like idea 

id rather fight that instead of having 5 people randomly revived on the enemy team, less work  

True! Alternatively it could make a nice clan jutsu, or like @Wanheda said it could be a passive for sensory and make it clan exclusive :o!
I like this idea a lot too!

15 hours ago, Adarya said:

this is how SENSORY should works not passive just btw wof is fine for real people crying about "i've never get it in teamfight" Ltrane 2k20 >>> Lumy video Ltrane catched Wof twice in 20 sec XD 

Whole idea isnt bad but it should be sensory as buff (you are casting sensory and you getting buff for 30 sec to see people in "some range")

1 hour ago, Sukki said:

this is how SENSORY should works not passive just btw wof is fine for real people crying about "i've never get it in teamfight" Ltrane 2k20 >>> Lumy video Ltrane catched Wof twice in 20 sec XD 

Whole idea isnt bad but it should be sensory as buff (you are casting sensory and you getting buff for 30 sec to see people in "some range")

Yeah it could work as a sensory buff, maybe for Sensory level 3 :o!

On 5/5/2021 at 4:32 AM, Antar said:

A cool idea also a well-made post.

Not sure if it will be added because to me Will of fire seems like a really good passive and help leaf a lot especially after so many buffs it's got.

Thank you! 

That's alright! It was just an idea I got in my head and I wanted to share.

Like others said it could be a clan jutsu. or a buff for Sensory level 3 and available for all villages. :P