Please buff the overall experience gain

Kuroi Merlin

Question

I have been playing Nin on and off and my struggle with it has always  been how difficult it is to level at a steady pace.

I enjoy the early game of nin, but it gets so tedious/repetitive at later stages and this is why I can't get my friends to stick around with it (They usually leave around lvl 20-30) :( 

It's such a great game, it's really well done and all, but maybe not now, but when more content comes out would be nice if the EXP of missions/mobs would go up in a healthy way.

I know I will be bashed by most of the community that has stayed around for so long. I'm just trying to think of the big picture, it would attract more players if it wasn't so dificult to level up. x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 answers to this question

Or at least buff the exp when you are doing stuff ina party. Sure u can add some level limits and stuff, but still, If you want at least partialy RP game, you should encourge players to play together, not alone(and leveling/farming is like a first step into each mmo while making friends)
Simple as that. lesgo.

• Like 3

I feel like one of the main reasons new players drop this game is because of the initial heavy grinding you have to do to level up. I've seen it with one of my IRL friends who's basically obsessed with the naruto anime/manga. The thing is though is that Rory intended the game to be this way, so unfortunately I don't think that the overall experience gain will be buffed. A tip would be to try and play the game while there is a world blessing on, and read up on guides on the forums. Other than that good luck.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pxy said:

I feel like one of the main reasons new players drop this game is because of the initial heavy grinding you have to do to level up. I've seen it with one of my IRL friends who's basically obsessed with the naruto anime/manga. The thing is though is that Rory intended the game to be this way, so unfortunately I don't think that the overall experience gain will be buffed. A tip would be to try and play the game while there is a world blessing on, and read up on guides on the forums. Other than that good luck.

Thank you, I understand that Rory doesn't want people to just get things without any effort and I also agree with his reasoning but at the same time, some masteries are really a pain to level compared to others and the overall exp is a tad slow, for your normal gamer that only spends 1-2h playing a day this becomes a bit impossible to play when some of the missions can take 30min up to 1h if you're unlucky and keep getting killed and then you're rewarded with exp that is not even 20% of what you need to level up.

Love the game but find it difficult to stick around, if maybe there were also other methods to level instead of just mission/grind maybe some dungeons to give chunky exp. Like the spider boss would be nice if that would provide us with chunky exp, wouldnt even need to be the same as a mission, could even be like 1/3 of a mission exp but at least that's fun, different, and can be used to also level up

Agreed. There isn't enough content that low level players can realistically engage in. Once you're 35+ at least you can start to PvP in groups. Before that you're just grinding to Toads. Nin has a lot of meaningful challenge as is, I don't think it needs the mega grind too. 

As a suggestion: Either more content is added at these early levels e.g. story arcs, professions, mentorship systems. 

Or, mobs have their exp increased and teaming penalty is less severe but the range of mobs you can get exp from is decreased from 10 to 7 levels. Which will force them to move to tougher mobs sooner. 

The grind doesn't stop vets from making alts. If we can just get newbies to 40, a lot more would stay. 

7 minutes ago, Imhotep said:

Agreed. There isn't enough content that low level players can realistically engage in. Once you're 35+ at least you can start to PvP in groups. Before that you're just grinding to Toads. Nin has a lot of meaningful challenge as is, I don't think it needs the mega grind too. 

As a suggestion: Either more content is added at these early levels e.g. story arcs, professions, mentorship systems. 

Or, mobs have their exp increased and teaming penalty is less severe but the range of mobs you can get exp from is decreased from 10 to 7 levels. Which will force them to move to tougher mobs sooner. 

The grind doesn't stop vets from making alts. If we can just get newbies to 40, a lot more would stay. 

I really like your suggestion, and also I agree about the party system, even if I want to level up in party with my friends, it feels like I'm lvling slower than if I lvl alone, the penalty is also another thing that puts us off unfortunately :( 

I really don't understand why there's so many things declining a players lvling experience, especially when the lvl cap keeps increasing

I agree. When I started to play nin I was mostly playing and leveling alone because my friends were just different lvls than me. And I have to say that it was pretty hard time and not everyone is probably patient enough to survive lvling to 60 in this harassing world.

1 hour ago, Imhotep said:

Ueda said that they will look more into this kind of stuff this year in this post.

• Like 1