Suggestion to improve the global commerce of Nin Online.

Donatello Johnson

Question

I'm a bit confused. This idea is great, and something we've all wanted for a very long time... and that's the confusing part.

This post has been suggested before, when people have many times said that we need a 'Trade Center' type of place (similar to runescape's Grand Exchange). But Rory would always say no to the idea because it eliminates player interaction. And player interaction was one of the 2 most important things from Rory's "Nin's Core Philosophies" video. 

The idea is that this suggestion makes things more 'convenient', and that was wrong as per the Core Philosophies video, and wrong as per the video "Why MMORPGs are dying" which was also enforced by Rory. It was said that MMORPGs die out when you keep adding conveniences like this.

By having this trade center NPC, you eliminate the idea of players actually roaming the world to talk to others and try to sell and buy items. In addition, you also remove the social interaction and social skills of bargaining because you can't bargain here; the NPC either sells you if you have the ryo, or it doesn't. 

Don't get me wrong. I love this idea and want it in the game, but it's been a suggestion for years, so I'm surprised why now it's an obvious yes.

• Like 2

Totally agree whit this suggestion.

If it can contribute to develop this idea heres a post from some weeks ago I made about trading :

I think in this post there are some ideas that can be added to Donatello's suggestion.

Love it! I want to carefully add in maybe an option for players to suggest a trade
[Habibi wants to trade a Veiled Sakkat for a Pumpkin Mask]
Instead of the ryo or even posting that as the payment or an offer to another player's item. 
This will be sent to the player's mailbox. 

Inkedunknown_6_LI.jpg.896455a08ce1ce9e426c673c618cf1e1.jpg

A category/tab or system where it sorts "ryo" or "item" for trades.

Ex.) trading 50 scorpion tails for 300 ryo / trading 100 cocoons for 50 scorpion tails
It would be great to be able to sort them by time, ryo, item trade, but also to find the price range. Least to most. etc. 
If this ever gets implemented!