My experience as a Game Master

Antar

On 5/14/2021 at 2:45 PM, Gilgamesh said:

If a lot of things cleared your own frustrations about the game do you not think the staff being more transparent with the playerbase going further would improve general reception for decisions and updates?

Yes, it's true that after becoming a GM a lot of my frustration I had as a player is gone and I do want to tell others about it but whenever the staff says something it always ends up leading to players hating or causing conflicts like Rory sharing the housing system even though a lot of posts is made about the idea for years and every time a post was made on it get's so many likes and comments they still complained about it.

Also, there is an issue of telling about updates like how the land of iron was mentioned in plans for updates and everyone was happy but when it was released response was "finally it's here what took so long" and not "wow! ty for the update" I think surprise updates are better but it's always good to give a sneak peek about it ofc I am not saying one method is better than the other and I am new and just a trial GM so I probably said some wrong thing in this reply but that's what I think personally. 

12 hours ago, Zealot said:

Your biggest flaw is that you cannot take any Game related criticism without having a mental breakdown.

!mute Zealot 300 Days xd

Ye, I am sorry It just whenever I get criticism I feel like I am getting attacked also forgive me for all the fights we had. :c

If I was in your place I would prob feel the same pink fan might be some random LVL 10 item to other which is expensive but for you, it's prob a goal or a thing you always wanted to get since you use the black fan So I am sorry for disqualifying you it was because I was still new and everyone was saying DQ! him and we waited for you for 1 round so I did that also it was my first 1v1 event so I didn't have any experience before it so If you hate me for it pls do as you like I understand why you will think about me in that way.

So I can't go back in time and fix my mistake but felt like apologizing so ye I will keep this in my mind.

10 hours ago, Insidious said:

https://streamable.com/e6ag18

.... that ain't right i'm ngl, stick to DBE, and tournaments, these kind of events aren't for you imo because its too difficult not to be unbiased

I kinda thought about your perspective after the event and I know why I might seem biased toward you it was because I was fighting with your friend last night and me spamming Jutsu near you which killed you and your teammate in one go without you able to do anything. If it was me in a similar situation the thought of GM being biased will come to my mind too after all everything matches and makes sense.

If you do think that pls forgive me I didn't want to be biased or was trying to be biased I just saw players and used my Jutsu after saying "wave incoming!" but the GMvsP event is where you all work together to defeat the GM. Players will not win every time the main goal is to defeat the GM if I get a complaint of me being biased then I will not be able to fight at all but I do think my spamming wave is a bit too much considering the area I do my event is small so I will try not to do that again. But the original GMvsP event which Erox and Wolf hosted they were spamming the Jutsu and the main goal was to defeat the gm together and my event is derived from it.

This kind of event is random you won't win every time even if you are the best player in the game unlike DBE, 1v1, FFA, and other skilled events.

Now I want to share my perspective on the situation as well I was already getting called biased for no reason even when I am trying to be as unbiased as I can I just don't like whenever I do an event for fun and everyone says I am biased to the village or the player who win. When you said that I was biased toward your group I was hurt and mad at the same time because to me you guys are the ones winning all my event but you lost this event so I thought that's why they are calling me biased and made me think to maybe not do events anymore because whenever I do an event it always end up backfiring and me feeling hurt.

9 hours ago, Hao said:

My only request that people realize not every criticism to a GM is toxicity. A lot of players have valid frustrations against GMs, and the GM will just brush it off like "this specific player hates me, so I can't do anything about that" when the GM can actually put forth the effort to talk to the person to give closure, and they can apologize on their part. 

Sorry, If you felt that way I will try to keep in mind that's why I thought maybe I should try to talk to them here and resolve the problem.

Team Depression flooding the topic with negativity as per usual.

@Antar keep up the good work, you guys are doing good so far. Important is to keep the events going on an active basis, which you people do. Don't mind the toxicity or ''bias'' discussions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Antar said:

Ye, I am sorry It just whenever I get criticism I feel like I am getting attacked also forgive me for all the fights we had. :c

If I was in your place I would prob feel the same pink fan might be some random LVL 10 item to other which is expensive but for you, it's prob a goal or a thing you always wanted to get since you use the black fan So I am sorry for disqualifying you it was because I was still new and everyone was saying DQ! him and we waited for you for 1 round so I did that also it was my first 1v1 event so I didn't have any experience before it so If you hate me for it pls do as you like I understand why you will think about me in that way.

So I can't go back in time and fix my mistake but felt like apologizing so ye I will keep this in my mind.

Thats all i wanted to hear, I accept your appology and i know that I was going too far in the Nin discord and I appolgize for my toxic behaviour aswell.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Antar said:

I kinda thought about your perspective after the event and I know why I might seem biased toward you it was because I was fighting with your friend last night and me spamming Jutsu near you which killed you and your teammate in one go without you able to do anything. If it was me in a similar situation the thought of GM being biased will come to my mind too after all everything matches and makes sense.

If you do think that pls forgive me I didn't want to be biased or was trying to be biased I just saw players and used my Jutsu after saying "wave incoming!" but the GMvsP event is where you all work together to defeat the GM. Players will not win every time the main goal is to defeat the GM if I get a complaint of me being biased then I will not be able to fight at all but I do think my spamming wave is a bit too much considering the area I do my event is small so I will try not to do that again. But the original GMvsP event which Erox and Wolf hosted they were spamming the Jutsu and the main goal was to defeat the gm together and my event is derived from it.

This kind of event is random you won't win every time even if you are the best player in the game unlike DBE, 1v1, FFA, and other skilled events.

Now I want to share my perspective on the situation as well I was already getting called biased for no reason even when I am trying to be as unbiased as I can I just don't like whenever I do an event for fun and everyone says I am biased to the village or the player who win. When you said that I was biased toward your group I was hurt and mad at the same time because to me you guys are the ones winning all my event but you lost this event so I thought that's why they are calling me biased and made me think to maybe not do events anymore because whenever I do an event it always end up backfiring and me feeling hurt.

thanks for sharing your viewpoint 

I can respect that, apologies for being a bit aggressive with my words

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 5:15 AM, Gilgamesh said:

If a lot of things cleared your own frustrations about the game do you not think the staff being more transparent with the playerbase going further would improve general reception for decisions and updates?

Out of all the stupid shit you text spit and say, this one single statement from you that I quoted is the smartest. Completely unexpected. Well done. Proud of you. Keep improving yourself. Also; player base is two words. :)