Bringing people to DZ - Treasure Hunting

Zeller

Question

The Raid system is working really well. It has brought somewhat of a goal, when establishing dominance over other villages. But since raiding is becoming more frequent, there is a group of people complaining about "zerging". I get it, it's not fun encountering a group of ten people, and feeling powerless to do anything. But I don't think we should regulate how people play the game by restricting them. An example of this is by making zones "war zone", and increasing the chance of friendly fire. I see this as negative. Instead I think we should encourage people to enter DZ more.

How do we do this?

boxes.png.28e046eb665811c4756510855c4957f3.png

Treasure Hunting and Counter Hunting! I propose a system which randomly spawns 10 "Mysterious Boxes" every 2 hours in 10 random Danger Zones. This box should have around 5-10k HP, and can be destroyed by damaging it. When it breaks, it will drop 500 ryo, which the treasure hunter can pick up. It might even contain a rare drop sometimes.

Why do I think this is a good idea?

People are encouraged to play for different reasons. I believe this suggestion would add an incentive for people to go into Danger Zones in hopes of finding some of these boxes. You might get lucky, and find a box somewhere isolated! Or so you think...
Because it would also allow hunting groups to keep watch of some of these boxes as bait, and therefore also countering boring map switch camping.

Avoiding abuse

Commanding your summon to take out the box shouldn't be possible, else you would be able to just AFK in a corner and let your summon take it out, and log out if anyone enters the map. Therefore summons shouldn't be able to damage the box. The box should also never spawn in locked locations but randomly thoughout the game world.

Won't this inflate the economy?

Say a box spawns behind a tree in a random map. No one is going to find it. This will most likely limit the actual boxes that is found, and limit the amount of ryo that enters the economy.

• Like 3

1 answer to this question