Nerf scalpel + blood Tonfa

Rumaki

Question

This is something that has been brought up over and over but hasn't reached rory yet so this is another try at it, imma keep it short n simple.

Blood Tonfa + chakra scalpel is simply too strong allowing the user to hit 100+ on melee with a fairly good attack speed. There isn't any sacrifices for such a strong build here's an example

image.png.5a9e3a263e2c96c0d2221034b4548fc6.png

With tai crit scaling it gets even scarier 

255c297e6a46b653a0987742989c9a4c.gif.0b601de972785ac0d8444d8a1f6eedf7.gif

b6e8d24443d3db5bf7038a6997c6bcaf.gif.5cbbfcb2abdf5123c1c793621aff0fcc.gif

melee masteries were never meant to be dealing this much dps this is just too strong with Tonfa able to heal aswell 

Screenshot_23.png.56e80fccdd39fd9d30c2af6adb2cd446.png  Chakra_Scalpel_Maxed_Level.png.379a269b5b981b36bd88d76cfaafb763.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

18 answers to this question

I asked for this to be nerfed in the past and it never saw the light of day. I hope you succeed where I failed. Hopefully these summer months are filled with balancing and good content updates that don't last a week then die out.

Definitely too strong, elemental users have to spend a lot chakra for similar damage like 1 meele hit from Blood tonfas user. 
Also elementar user can't land easily jutsus like tai meele. 

i dont think blood tonfas should be able to use with chakra scalpel.

Agility was made to reduce weapon attack speed but no follow up changes were made. 

I think that even without chakra scalpel these weapons are too strong right now. Blood Tonfa is better than most of the WM swords and Demon Claw is a tiny bit slower than a fist melee while having good base damage. 

Remove Chakra Scalpel and Poison Scalpel when a Weapon is equiped  is the way i think maybe exept with Kunai for Pscalpel.

We are on a cancer Meta with Full Wm Med spaming Flicker PScalpel or Tai Med blood tonfa with CScalpel

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rumaki said:

This is something that has been brought up over and over but hasn't reached rory yet so this is another try at it, imma keep it short n simple.

Blood Tonfa + chakra scalpel is simply too strong allowing the user to hit 100+ on melee with a fairly good attack speed. There isn't any sacrifices for such a strong build here's an example

image.png.5a9e3a263e2c96c0d2221034b4548fc6.png

With tai crit scaling it gets even scarier 

255c297e6a46b653a0987742989c9a4c.gif.0b601de972785ac0d8444d8a1f6eedf7.gif

b6e8d24443d3db5bf7038a6997c6bcaf.gif.5cbbfcb2abdf5123c1c793621aff0fcc.gif

melee masteries were never meant to be dealing this much dps this is just too strong with Tonfa able to heal aswell 

Screenshot_23.png.56e80fccdd39fd9d30c2af6adb2cd446.png  Chakra_Scalpel_Maxed_Level.png.379a269b5b981b36bd88d76cfaafb763.png

i agree.

4 hours ago, Tetsuya said:

We are on a cancer Meta with Full Wm Med spaming Flicker PScalpel or Tai Med blood tonfa with CScalpel

Technically every big update what we have in last year was about give new weapon's for weapon/fan/taijutsu mastery, 
maybe advanced jutsu's will change the state of game. 

4 hours ago, Tetsuya said:

Remove Chakra Scalpel and Poison Scalpel when a Weapon is equiped  is the way i think maybe exept with Kunai for Pscalpel.

Sound's fair since poison scalpel is a instant short stun with 10 Chakra cost and deal 20 base damage + posion = ~40/50 damage in total,
also Cooldown 4 sec's make it easily to spam

10 chakra cost's compare to other elemental jutsu's cost's look's weird. 

14 hours ago, Tetsuya said:

9 hours ago, Siekyo said:

Technically every big update what we have in last year was about give new weapon's for weapon/fan/taijutsu mastery, 
maybe advanced jutsu's will change the state of game. 

True, slowly with the updates we came to the place, where there is almost no point in playing INT mastery unless u abuse pipe or nados. But the rest got all the splendor in the form of weapons that fuken heal you or keep on interrupting quickly every normal hit.

As far as I can tell the non-element masteries are getting all the love with advanced in mind, so that they can keep pace. Those 3 masteries are way over represented exactly because of weapons and interactions like this. 

Either put out some balance patches or drop Advanced ASAP cause something's got to give.

39 minutes ago, Ueda said:

Added a temporary bandaid solution which was just nerfing Blood tonfas for the time being, but we'll make it so they don't work together in the future.

Except tai/ele hybrids have it even harder right now and tai med and pure tai get to be strong but not over powered, I understand though do what you gotta do, will wait for permeant solution.