Target

Sanguine

Question

10 answers to this question

On 6/14/2021 at 4:15 AM, Emiya said:

Yes please. Been suggesting this for a while now, so I hope it doesn't fall into dear ears this time around.

Alt+X for player-targets (so medics can target allies). Regular X to target enemy ninjas first.

I think something like this would be great to have, Although wouldn't use Alt + since that's for Self targeting. instead I would suggest the following.

X = Enemy/Mob Target
Alt + X = Self Target
CTRL + X = Ally Target

• Like 2

Actually would be nice to have a way of putting a priority for our target through slash commands such as /priorityenemy for anyone /priorityally for meds and /nonepriority (The target we already have). It would be a nice addition and would make the game mechanics way more effective and less of a pain.

• Like 3

I was thinking of posting this a while ago, but yeah, I 100% agree with this.
Need to also have a /playerfocus where your targeting puts NPC mobs at lowest priority and all players above.

And to avoid the complexity of commands, it could instead be a toggle that cycles through all the priorities (like run, pvp, etc.) that is shown in a part of UI (if enabled in the Options menu, just like how you can see your Run/Walk toggle on the UI).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Emiya said:

Yes please. Been suggesting this for a while now, so I hope it doesn't fall into dear ears this time around.

Alt+X for player-targets (so medics can target allies). Regular X to target enemy ninjas first.

Share with villagers and upvote, so this gets upvotes and actually gets seen ;p

1 hour ago, SparkZZ said:

Disagree with this, the way it is currently working is fine. It shouldn't be made easier as it distinguishes between a good and bad player. This current homing meta also would become even more of a pain.

I'd say there's a difference between making something easier, and improving QOL/quality of gameplay fluidity.

This, I'd say, counts as the latter. Other games have this feature as well. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 5:29 PM, Esty said:

Actually would be nice to have a way of putting a priority for our target through slash commands such as /priorityenemy for anyone /priorityally for meds and /nonepriority (The target we already have). It would be a nice addition and would make the game mechanics way more effective and less of a pain.

I like this idea but maybe instead of this make it a toggleable button that can assigned to whatever hotkey sort of like the walk/run toggle.

Overall on the subject I believe this is something that all players would enjoy if they realize it or not.

A good example would be any MMO are you able to tab target your allies while targeting through mobs? I can't think of one where you can haha. Usually to target group members you would use the party window but when you're deep in a large scale fight you don't have the time to take pressing X over and over between ally and enemy. Making it target just enemies wouldn't raise or lower a skill gap either so I don't believe that's really an argument on why we don't need it. But it would be a great QoL that I believe every ninja would enjoy.

Regarding to the post overall wonderful suggestion I hope we see something done about it!

• Like 2