Item rarities!

Fuze

Question

Hey there! Im Fuze, some people know me from my youtube videos or maybe some of the work ive done for the game!
Today i had some free time and tried this little concept out!

Item rarities and different types of drops!

342410735_variationsshowoff.thumb.png.b0aabb0d98b26e521740c845ad89acdc.png

How will this work?

The base idea around this new mechanic would be that as you are grinding for these rare drops

there would be a chance for the item to drop a different colored variant, pretty much the way @Antartalked about the shiny drops !

The items will have the same drop chance as the normal item and also no stat changes but as you move up to the prettier ones the drop percentage may decrease!

Possible example

Player A: (farms the bandit bosses for a while and manages to drop the black and white double arm bandages!

Player A then goes on to sell the item for 100.000 ryo! (just an example)

Later on Player B  also manages to drop a pair of double arm bandages but not one of the rare variants so he goes on to sell it for 20.000 ryo! (just an example)

Conclusion and final points of this post

Giving the community focused economy a change and providing the players with more customizability!

thanks for taking your time to read to my post, hope you like this idea and i am looking forward to seeing such changes ingame!

• Like 29

14 answers to this question

I like this idea and support it but hear me out, what if we literally had different grades of items on top of this? You know the classic MMORPG stuff like "common", "rare", "legendary". The higher the grade the better the stats/effects very slightly, could literally be a simple +1 damage each grade or an additional side stat (like +1 chakra compared to the lesser grades). It's not broken because it's barely an increase and yet at the same time it gives a chance for people to grind for the better grades (because every stat counts to these tryhard ninjas in this 2d world right???).

Just my two cents, figured it'd be cool/fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bandit said:

I like this idea and support it but hear me out, what if we literally had different grades of items on top of this? You know the classic MMORPG stuff like "common", "rare", "legendary". The higher the grade the better the stats/effects very slightly, could literally be a simple +1 damage each grade or an additional side stat (like +1 chakra compared to the lesser grades). It's not broken because it's barely an increase and yet at the same time it gives a chance for people to grind for the better grades (because every stat counts to these tryhard ninjas in this 2d world right???).

Just my two cents, figured it'd be cool/fun.

i rlly like the idea but that would kinda remove the focus on customizability and people would just try getting the strongest weapon over and over and not try to focus on the rare drop like for example dropping a bandit top right now, i do like your idea still!

• Like 3

Just now, Fuze said:

i rlly like the idea but that would kinda remove the focus on customizability and people would just try getting the strongest weapon over and over and not try to focus on the rare drop like for example dropping a bandit top right now, i do like your idea still!

I agree, that's why I said it should be on top of this idea. Meaning, for example, you would be able to drop a fully black double fan with the grade of "common", "rare" or "legendary". Instead of having fixed looks for each type - the color AND grade can vary. I think that'd be pretty fun to have. Oh and once again, the stat difference is so minor that even if you drop a rare color and it was merely "common" grade, it's still viable! What do you think?

• Like 1

I like the idea, but the actual colours for those upper tiers can be iffy. 
They're not all desirable, nor are they consistent across the items. 

I think instead of 3 higher tiers, there can just be 1, like Antar's idea of Shiny version of the item.
This way, you can make the Shiny version just a super shinier/golden version of the default item, which is more indicative of its tier, and consistent across all Shiny drops.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hao said:

I like the idea, but the actual colours for those upper tiers can be iffy. 
They're not all desirable, nor are they consistent across the items. 

I think instead of 3 higher tiers, there can just be 1, like Antar's idea of Shiny version of the item.
This way, you can make the Shiny version just a super shinier/golden version of the default item, which is more indicative of its tier, and consistent across all Shiny drops.

i wasnt tryna keep em consistent, just an example of what this new mechanic could be

• Like 1