Pixel Art Competition

Antar

Task

Make furniture in nin art for housing update. You can do anything you want with it and play with the task to see what you can come up with. you need to draw all four sides of it as you can rotate furniture in the housing update.

Example

unknown.pngWoodenChair.pngWoodenChair_ItemIcon.png

Time limit - After this post went online you will have 7 days to submit your artwork after 7days from now no more will be accepted!

The basis on which your art will be given points

-must be complete(all 4 sides of it should be completed)

-It will be judged on Art, Uniqueness, and Execution by different GM

-the item should be something that is in nin art and pixel size should be similar to nin style(this does not mean it can't be something different if your idea is good it will still get points and might win like Crowlock fan in the last event)

Submission

Pixel art for it should be posted here in the comments 

Reward

1st: 15 tickets

2nd: 10 tickets

3rd: 5 tickets

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 2

23 minutes ago, Romy said:

So are yall doing a competition everytime the game needs art? pretty sure this house updating is for the developers and not leeching free art from players - but thats just me.. if you want art pay for it like everybody else.

If people want to do the art for the prize, what is the issue? No one is being forced or tricked. They know what their time is worth, and whether or not they want to participate. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

I understand the frustration of not having an item reward for your time, but I want to say @Antar is doing a great job with Forum Events there's been more forum events in the last 4 month compared to the last 2 years.

I also understand why you would think we're only hosting these art events because we need art but I will state our team is very capable of producing the content needed for this upcoming feature and as far as this event goes, I think its a great way of getting the community involved! so all Kudos go to Antar for thinking of these last two events!

Lastly I want to say id love to start giving Item rewards for these type of events but not every event can give items so we rely on tickets which is our way of giving back to you for supporting the game and taking part in these events! Keep an eye out for my next announcement as I will be taking suggestions and ideas for something i know you guys will be looking forward too!! <3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Romy said:

So are yall doing a competition everytime the game needs art? pretty sure this house updating is for the developers and not leeching free art from players - but thats just me.. 

I can understand why you think that but all the idea of my event are purely mine and not any dev asked me to make an event for a certain item I just did it because I wanted to as for this one I was thinking of what can the pixel art task be and the housing test was done that day so I thought can be cool if we do that. 

13 hours ago, Romy said:

if you want art pay for it like everybody else.

That mindset is bad I want to do other forum events too in the future like maybe a video or RP competition and so much more but If we think like that it will just limit me because the player can just say they just want a video to promote Nin why don't you just pay a big YouTuber to make it or just hire a writer to make RP. I want this event as a platform where a player can express themselves If I go with that mindset I will just be limiting myself of what forum event can I do and we will end up with no forum event.

• Like 2
  • Boring 1

On 6/26/2021 at 4:57 PM, Romy said:

So are yall doing a competition everytime the game needs art? pretty sure this house updating is for the developers and not leeching free art from players - but thats just me.. if you want art pay for it like everybody else.

the dev team can easily make art for the game, they just want to involve players who wan to contribute to the game they play

• Like 2
  • Boring 1

4 hours ago, GROGDRINKER said:

This is my full entry to the contest, in a simulated room from nin to make sure everything would look correct / authentic together.

HouseTest.png

man i had the same idea with the scrolls.. gotta scrap that XD

• Like 3

I made a few different items for the event that id gladly like to be in the game!
(some of the are not meant to rotate and only be place in certain ways, hope you understand my view in this project)

One thing to point out is that instead of just making the art i also went ahead and made icons for these items! 

i hope most people will like these items and im glad we can finally have our own little house to customize!

Show Off image
unknown.png

Real size (for applying in game)

unknown.png

Items applied in a little house

unknown.png

(Anything underneath is for the team to copy paste for ease of use)

image.png.1e293a8122293d6c314dd5c492da6886.png

image.png.c922d857f2135f81abd00dd6c05cb318.png

image.png.7c85c743817ad9d61afa0d1fad68fcb9.png

image.png.aa99a857c0c729b3142b1e4fc9c4495e.png

image.png.895206c0b91762344e8f970ff5f81328.png

image.png.0eb52bbf572eaff94465a84e90319994.png

(yes the last one is indeed a nin online scroll)

• Like 24

Seeing how talented people are in Nin online through this post I just wanna ask GM's to have this thread active even after the release of housing.

Still looking for good stuff around here because holy, we do have some good artist here on the community. Also want to say that this can be a big oportunity for a lot of talented people, so don't be afraid of submitting your art and helping the game even if you think you will lose.

• Like 1

• Antar locked this topic
  • Antar unlocked this topic
  • Raiden unfeatured this topic