Detailed DZ Suggestions and Breakdown

Elegy

Question

On 6/27/2021 at 1:15 PM, Insidious said:

Proposed solution: Reduce respawn timer in Danger zones from 60 seconds to 30 seconds. Safezone timers can stay 60 seconds.

While i agree on this point it'll take rory a bit of time to implement/test this (If he actually adds it ofc) since WOF needs 10 seconds or less to have a chance to activate. Maybe you'll get downed and at the 20 mark WOF could active. (It can either make or break the worst passive in-game imo, and if it does work it would make a beautiful comeback nin video)

On 6/27/2021 at 1:15 PM, Insidious said:

The problem develops when you consider how dangers zones are layed out - there is a presence of corridors. A corridor is a map where once you have passed it, you cannot get back into any map above or below it until you pass it again. These are absolutely terrible for the danger zones and what facilitate mapswap camping as a viable strategy. The diagram below shows how corridors work:

image.png.630aec93836a0777caf36974a42da631.png

Each square represents a map in the danger zone. The red squares indicate corridors, and as shown, once you are holding one of these corridors, you cannot be flanked, and can effectively mapswap camp indefinitely, which leads to frustration and a stalemate from both sides.

Proposed solution: Remove all corridors from DZ with the introduction of new maps. This would not only allow for outplay opportunity with big factions flanking one another, it would also allow for smaller hunting parties to use creative use of maps to evade opponents and bigger groups. IMO this is the single biggest change DZ's currently NEED. The diagram below shows an example of how new maps can be introduced to remove corridors:

image.png.7a615f90ff9d88c0e4c3d30a9c68e4f1.png

Corridor maps have always been a pain to fight on.. unless ur a int wm spamming traps/using spiked ball or use a move that covers ALOT of ground on maps such as db, and kb. I would suggest a new map next to db, like you did with kb since going to db it'll be nearly impossible to flank if a fight goes down there (unless ur a sand ninja with ep going around.)

That being said i agree/respect most points form this suggestion, and ty for taking your time to make it. Posts like these are the reason i still even bother coming to look at these forums. 

• Like 1

Let me just say I love love love this idea and really hope that something similar gets implemented off of this.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:37 PM, Ueda said:

Great detailed post. Thank you for taking the time to write it. This gives me a lot of ideas.

Any luck implementing something similar? This could be the real change teamfight PVP needs in the game to revive the DZ's