Lightning

Yamikami

Question

It has come to my attention that at this moment the Lightning element is the only element which has only 1 instant cast jutsu. Every other elemental mastery has two of them, which is odd since Lightning is said to have a good balance of damage and speed.

For this reason I think that the Feast of Lightning jutsu should be instant cast, but self stun the user for 1 second. Rather than casting for 1 second and then hitting the enemy, the jutsu would damage instantly but make u vulnerable for 1 second. 

Lightning is said to be good at solo scenarios but it is currently lacking in that area, I think this change would help it but still allow for counterplay.

• Like 9
  • Boring 1

2 minutes ago, Yamikami said:

It has come to my attention that at this moment the Lightning element is the only element which has only 1 instant cast jutsu. Every other elemental mastery has two of them, which is odd since Lightning is said to have a good balance of damage and speed.

For this reason I think that the Feast of Lightning jutsu should be instant cast, but self stun the user for 1 second. Rather than casting for 1 second and then hitting the enemy, the jutsu would damage instantly but make u vulnerable for 1 second. 

Lightning is said to be good at solo scenarios but it is currently lacking in that area, I think this change would help it but still allow for counterplay.

Good suggestion.

4 minutes ago, ana primal said:

making lighting more punishable isnt goint to buff it wind and earth homming arent ez to punish why should lighting one be.

It's just as much punishable while also making feast more viable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enver said:

I dont think Feast is the problem in Lightning mastery right now, Feast is a great as it is and it fits like the other elements. 

Lightning Cutter change is what Lightning needs.

It is a problem cause compared to all the other stand cast homings it lacks something to make it good.
Changing Lightning Cutter is not the best idea, if the jutsu is made to be easier to land 1v1, it will become obnoxious to deal with in group fights.

I dont think lighting has any problems...other masteries are just way too good at canceling casts. You cant possibly land a cutter/feast/current wihtout being interrupted by a flicker+instant cc. 

Since everyone are medic/tai/gf/wind/wm, being lighting is just irrevelevent. (or not as effective as it should be.) Here is a gif of what yall dare to call balanced.

This suggestion makes the ability too strong.

Instant cast damage that's homing in an 8-tile radius? And the only downside is self-stun for 1 second?

Let's look at like water slash. Or like wind claw. Instant damage, and then self-stun for 1 second.
... Except water slash and wind claw are way harder to land than some 8-tile wide AOE homing lightning bolt (excluding using Flicker because Flicker+Feast would still be easier to land than Flicker+Claw).

So, no.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enver said:

It wont be a hard to change the elo gain based on meta change.

3 hours ago, Hao said:

This suggestion makes the ability too strong.

Instant cast damage that's homing in an 8-tile radius? And the only downside is self-stun for 1 second?

Let's look at like water slash. Or like wind claw. Instant damage, and then self-stun for 1 second.
... Except water slash and wind claw are way harder to land than some 8-tile wide AOE homing lightning bolt (excluding using Flicker).

So, no.

But the use of flicker makes them the exact same thing as too strong ability youre talking about. YOu cannot exclude flicker because none does exclude it.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:07 PM, Enver said:

The kit itself is great already though, I never stated about making it easier to land it just needs a rework/change. Years ago Lightning used to be the best element because of the skillcap back then, people complained > Cutter got nerfed. After years of skillcap increase Cutter stayed the same.

Lightning Senbon - great for punishing
Lightning Spear - great to extend combos and/or create a combo
Lightning Cutter - trash
Lightning Feast - great for punishing and skirmish fights, not the best homing for 1v1s
Lightning Current - great cancel, not the best cancel for 1v1s
Binding Pillars - great to use after cutter lands, also great for groupfights/skirmish

Overall looks like a great kit to me, but the most important jutsu in this case Cutter is out of the meta making Lightning overall fall behind.

You're on point with the fact that Lightning has a great kit, but saying cutter is trash is just out of touch with reality. (also water was easily best element back then xd)

Lightning being good at "solo encounters" does not translate to just to being good in 1v1s. No other jutsu is as punishing as cutter when it lands, and the best place for it to land is in multiple person skirmishes or full on raids. And more often than not, it's only 1 person who is taking the punishment of whatever combo comes next.

Going back on the thread's topic, I think it's an interesting take but isn't the change lightning needs

You've been posting this same observation and many others weekly for like the past 5 years buddy, Rory still didn't implement any of it. At which point you gonna give up and actually do something useful with your life Yamikami? 

See you next time I comment on a similar post to this 2 years from now, god bless the Nin community.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miki said:

You've been posting this same observation and many others weekly for like the past 5 years buddy, Rory still didn't implement any of it. At which point you gonna give up and actually do something useful with your life Yamikami? 

See you next time I comment on a similar post to this 2 years from now, god bless the Nin community.

Sometimes (most of the time) his idea's arent the best ones but he always have been pointing out the wrongs that truly needed a change. He isnt the only one. Close of every lighting users made a post about lightning and yet every of them were ignored. Its been years now.

lighting truly lack in what every other mastery can do. Being able to stand by its own. Anti lighting buffer will say its because its a teamfight mastery which i will counter argue by saying that hoping the crowd can make enough diversion so you can land a stupid jutsu doesnt make it a teamfight jutsu. It just shows even more how bad it is.

This gif below is a fast recap of an everyday lihgting mastery user. 

This game been literally the same since 2017, minus the self stuns, I don't even know why you guys bother trying to get Rory to balance anything at this point. It just won't happen man and you guys know it at best he gonna reduce poison scalpel cooldown by 1 and increase damage by 1. 

Seriously, I don't understand. You guys are like a bunch of housewives with stockholm syndrome.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:38 PM, Indra said:

But the use of flicker makes them the exact same thing as too strong ability youre talking about. YOu cannot exclude flicker because none does exclude it.

Yes, you can exclude flicker because you exclude common variables that don't affect one argument over the other.
My statement was that wind claw/water slash are harder to land than this new suggestion for Feast.
Including flicker doesn't change that.
Flicker+Claw makes Wind Claw easier to land, but Flicker+Feast would then BE EVEN EASIER to land. 

On 7/11/2021 at 1:22 AM, Atrane said:

You're on point with the fact that Lightning has a great kit, but saying cutter is trash is just out of touch with reality. (also water was easily best element back then xd)

Lightning being good at "solo encounters" does not translate to just to being good in 1v1s. No other jutsu is as punishing as cutter when it lands, and the best place for it to land is in multiple person skirmishes or full on raids. And more often than not, it's only 1 person who is taking the punishment of whatever combo comes next.

Going back on the thread's topic, I think it's an interesting take but isn't the change lightning needs

Cutter is really trash a big trash!

1.the lightning cutter needs 4 ranks up to be casted while walking, it's hell to do that, because he only gets xp if he hits a target and with each rank up it gets harder to level him up.

2.Until you have enough time or desire to level it up to rank 4, then you will be stuck with a skill where it is more than 4sg stationary casting in a place making it vulnerable or else the enemy ninja will just run away (I believe many of do you think the cutter works like in the anime, where the target is there waiting to receive it?)

3.Lightning is actually very punishable these days, every skill of it depends on you hitting some combo, the mastery alone won't work well since the jutsu core to make the whole combo is the cutter that can be tired every 3sg by a med nin or maybe a taijutsu, everything cancels cast in this game, so the kit will only be good if it has support from another mastery where you can suppress the cutter's role.

5.Enjoy the current event and make a lightning account and try to play pvp with the low rank cutter, i think will be very fun haahaha

Edit: i'm nothing copying enver opinion, i said this because i tried pvp and sparring and se how trash the cutter is and how much lightning mastery depends on the cutter function. Also i tried to rank up the cutter for cast-walkin but unfortunate i need rank up 4 times not three, life has these i think...

• Like 1