Endgame Incentive

Erox

(Pre Notes:

1. Nothing we come up with is guaranteed to be implemented even if we all agree its a good idea, this thread is only meant to give the Dev Team some ideas to work with in the future.

2. We are not at the true cap yet of which the current cap is 60.)

Dear Veteran Ninja,

I've been brainstorming about what would help keep players interested in playing once they hit the level cap (Currently Level 60), So far I have two ideas but of course this is only based on what I see and personally think, those ideas are the following.

202ddb97d97178237020a6aacada9384.png

So now I'm encouraging you guys to drop a few ideas, discuss it, improve upon etc..

~Erox

• Like 7

I think also achieving such a high enough bounty should provide titles or single claimable rewards like say you finally hit A-Rank or you get S-Rank for the first time you get a reward or the person with the Highest bounty gets a title that people compete for like "Worlds Deadliest"

In terms of Other mission types that involve Event coupons, probably new areas with harder bosses that respawn so slowly they in themselves are called events. Or every so often in different areas a band of 5 tough bandits appear somewhere in the world and they have a normal mob drop chance to drop a event coupon.

Maybe make new quests involving items that arent currently beneficial like Bandit blood or the Snow Bear Paw or the lost snake or a quest involving all the different incest parts (Scarabs, bees, Scorpion, Ants) that creates a Insect Chimera boss

But i agree that the game needs something to bring more people out from their idle spots. I dont like seeing all this open space and every time i pass by its a ghost town. 

• Thanks 1

Honestly erox is definitely onto something, People hitting the level cap and getting rank in villages to then just become inactive is an issue and I believe things like this can help prevent that from happening as much as it has, I hope some of these ideas or ideas similar to it get considered 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Implement a "leaderboard" system that resets at the end of every month. You only gain points in this leaderboard whenever you claim bounty (evidently, the more bounty you claim during the month = the higher you are on the leaderboard). At the end of the month, reward the top three individuals in that leaderboard.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Sorry for a second posting as well, but what about having different dungeons that have bosses at the end with warp points back to the entrance once its done and it be daily chances to do them for change drops of exclusive rewards

• Like 3

Rebirth system. At level 60 you can reset and gain a 1.2x exp boost (Non-stackable and permanent) and an extra stat point every 3 levels giving you 20 extra points by level 60. Every time a reset is completed, reduce the stat point gain by 2. Potentially, if you rebirth a full 10 times and reach the maximum allotted bonus stat points, you would benefit from a grand total of 110 extra stat points.

• Boring 2

7 minutes ago, Nefarious said:

Rebirth system. At level 60 you can reset and gain a 1.2x exp boost (Non-stackable and permanent) and an extra stat point every 3 levels giving you 20 extra points by level 60. Every time a reset is completed, reduce the stat point gain by 2. Potentially, if you rebirth a full 10 times and reach the maximum allotted bonus stat points, you would benefit from a grand total of 110 extra stat points.

This may work if the level cap was at its true cap but were only capped at 60 atm, Ive added this to the Pre Notes on the thread.

Also Rebirth Systems are bad game design, it only promotes recycling content and grinding from level 1 to cap which is the current issue at hand and the point of this thread is to get ideas of how to go around that while also giving the game a way of rewarding the players who love and stay active in the game post level cap.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Erox said:

This may work if the level cap was at its true cap but were only capped at 60 atm, Ive added this to the Pre Notes on the thread.

Also Rebirth Systems are bad game design, it only promotes recycling content which is the current issue at hand and the point of this thread is to get ideas of how to go around that while also giving the game a way of rewarding the players who love and stay active in the game post level cap.

I think you're forgetting something as well.

BIG PICTURE

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bandit said:

I think you're forgetting something as well.

BIG PICTURE

Nah I didn't forget it, I addressed that in the first line of the second sentence in my reply baahaha and I stand by that but I'm glad you also agree.

• Funny 1

There is nothing called ''I don't have alt account'' in Nin Online. All of the players have alt, even if they tell you they don't have atleast 1 they are just don't want to publish it but even they have secret alts. My point is Nin Online players always opened to try something new but the new thing can be something already in game (Like different masteries and different villages) so making alt is the way to experience game better but Nin Online leveling is real issue on this way to get bored from game for the some of the new players and old players. New players asking how long i can reach level 50 and geting scared at first because ppl wanting to start a new adventure and action but it's taking almost a month to get in this action so they quiting from the game. Old players (60 level players) maybe having a goal to become chunnin/jonin/kage and they being one but after a while it's getting meaningless and you don't enjoy well cuz nothing changes at firsr sight you keep doing same thing over and over with this circle they know it was pain to reach their goal and they don't wanna feel this pain again eith creating alt and just retiring from the game because of this. Rory once said: ''If we make leveling easier ppl will reach high level and quit fast.'' but no i don't think the same because unlike rory im experiencing game with players as player. People making alts all the time to experience game more or even if they don't it's because of leveling is hard. A system where we can better experience what exists instead of adding something new to the game changes the way the game works better for everyone. 

I've had this idea for a while, achievements. This would not only be end game content but also early and mid.
So far I've thought about 3 categories for achievements so far:

Monster hunting: Involves killing mobs long term
PVP: Involves claiming bountys and killing players (Yes we already have dailys but this would be long term, like killing a total of 1000 players in your account lifetime)
Player Advancement: Involves things such as becoming a genin, chunin, anbu, puppet brigade, etc.

This is a little sketch I made of how it could look.

488690784_Larvaextinction.jpg.ed881e69b1eb2ed04d4837b2c398a4be.jpg

Once you complete one achievement, you unlock its continuation (Larva extinction I, II, II, etc)

1064773640_Larvaextinction2.jpg.175eb7a477123dc584b18e2c18a3010a.jpg

Rewards could range from XP, coupons, stat resets, daily resets, special clothing or even titles.

• Like 8
  • Shocked 2

Some additional ideas that would technically add content:

Kill Order System
Add a kill order system, as in have an NPC located somewhere (probably somewhere in tanz) where players can place kill orders on specific players (You enter their name > Enter how much ryo you're offering the killer (minimum 1k ryo) > It's then successfully listed and immediately takes the money from the person who created it). Afterwards, if players are seeking to make money by the means of PVP all they have to do is go to this NPC and look at the list of kill orders, choose one and it'll basically "assign" the person as the killer. The person will then have to kill the person they've been assigned and we can even go one step forward and make it so that if someone in this killer's team kills the target it will still count for the killer so he'll get the reward.

Capturable Areas

Have various locations such as outside Snakes, Docks (Not Mist Docks), outside Hosts Cave as capturable areas. The way it'll work is basically there is some sort of totem/statue that represents the area (snakes = snakes, hosts = hosts, docks = tentacles) that upon interacted by a ninja will ask:

"Do you wish to try and capture this zone?" - "Yes" - "No"

If the zone was originally neutral (they reset every 6 hours), it will only spawn 4 Chunins NPCs (Chunins = Half the stats of a Jonin NPC) for you to fight. Once defeated, the totem will change colors from RED to GREEN. This allows any ninja to interact with it again and claim it for his village. If the zone belongs to certain village (or takumi) then it'll spawn 4 Chunins NPCs (Chunins = Half the stats of a Jonin NPC) that look just like their village's Jonins (+1 for each raid point they currently control (Maximum Of 10) ). It also alerts the village that the capture point belongs to that it's under attack.

Capturing Snakes Benefit:

Poison Debuff (FROM SNAKES) don't apply to Village Members that own this point.

Capturing Hosts Cave:

50% chance Hosts miss their melee attacks on Village Members that own this point.

Capturing Docks:

Kuraken doesn't immediately attack Village Members that own this point unless attacked first.

• Like 5

-BiS items

(With slight stat increases from bosses.)
Cash items can transmog above the regular items that so everyone doesn't "Look the same" as Rory doesn't want to. Of course there are different BiS items depending on your build which brings variation already even if you don't have moni to Donate and/or for staff time to make multiple ones.

-Level Ranks

Another good incentive as i define myself as hard core grinder. Games like WoW/Nin Online the grind was never really worth it, anyone can reach the level cap. Unlimited level cap would really bring out that one korean that can grind to heights that nobody else could. (We will possibly reach this with lvl 100 cap, not too sure of the vision.)

• Like 1

capture the flag   huge map where player would be  put in 2 team . each team get a castle with a flag . one part will guard there flag th rest will go get the enemy flag  . the 2 castles will be in a huge forest with many traps and a canon in the middle where a bridge would be so they all would need to pass at the bridge . second idea is auction house where players can offer item for sale making scamming near imposible . third is pvp random match queue where you get match with random villager from all villages in 4vs4 or 3vs3 or 2vs2 or 1vs1 fight . 4th idea is doungeon where a group can enter like in the snakes or spiderboss  but this time is 3 boss and ome adds  and of course others players cant join them to kill them .

• Like 3
  • Boring 1

Honestly when I think about it, things like the matchmaking system that someone suggested awhile back, the leaderboards and other game modes like ana primals capture the flag game mode would make that matchmaking idea greater than before, I guess sorta like a call of duty type thing if I had to compare it for gamemodes but my main point is the more gamemodes the better for the matchmaking idea that someone else had awhile back (sorry I can't remember who it was) Do it like how some games have ranked and non ranked, make it so where people who excel in ranked over time get things that won't affect the normal part of the game like perhaps titles like the "Ronin" one or "The chosen one" for example or skins, just subtle things like that could go along way tbh for expanding content past the end of the game for the base world and hey it would even probably motivate players to make builds for those game modes themselves which in turn promotes the overall longevity of the games content that and the leaderboard system someone mentioned before, if people aren't about the sweaty pvp life though then how about more pve things as well like dungeons and stuff which could also have that with a team which might be hard to make sure but would keep the other side of the player base happy as well that would also use the matchmaking, basically meshing well thought out good ideas other players had together all in one format that works with one another. 

• Like 2

Character progression is what will motivate players to get out in the field and actually do stuff. Most players do dailies and log out, hit level cap and wait for chances to prove themselves in exams or tournaments, or by being accepted into official organizations (and gaining power just for being invited?)

Basically, players need a reason to improve their character in some type of way. The game already has this type of content with bosses dropping weapons, mostly for weapon masters and other weapon using masteries. Charms are another example of character progression although done in an RNG one and done way. Adding more bosses with insane difficulty and a 0.1% chance of dropping whatever you're trying to get is just unfun gameplay. It can work for cosmetics but when it comes to boosting a characters combat ability, eh..

Poison Kunai and Blood Katana/Tonfas are extremely good examples of the type of content that takes a considerable amount of effort but you can also see your progress in attaining your goal. These items require you to spend time in multiple different areas acquiring items to construct what you want. Give us a reason to move from place to place and face whatever variables (players, mobs, armies?!, etc.)

This concept can be applied to many different types of gear as well, it doesn't only have to be swords. One example is maybe using iron from the land of iron to craft a set of shurikens/kunais/senbons that have higher base damages than the basic ones sold in any shop. It would require players to continually put effort in gathering the materials since tools are something that needs replenished. The benefit doesn't have to be this but you get the idea. Use your imagination to create something worth getting for most people.

Forbidden Jutsus, weapons with unique uses, consumables similar to honey, clothing and a transmog system like @Light suggested. The possibilities are endless really.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1