With all the talk about end game content, maybe it's time to revisit and rework some old content

Atrane

Question

Ye that's right this another post asking to adjust the Manda boss to accept a wider range of levels, maybe even removing the level limit completely!

There could be a system like, you have to be level 30 minimum to attempt the boss and no limit. However there could be a price, such as a certain amount of snake venoms, to be allowed through the gate. Also, to compensate for the level restriction being changed, drop rates / difficulty could be adjusted slightly. Maybe some new drops as well :P

This boss is thematically the coolest one we have in game at the moment. But not many people get to enjoy it or even see the merit in trying it in it's current state, whether it's due to shirokata being dropped in Land of Iron, or they just don't discover it before it's too late and they've passed the level cap. Surely this is something that could be looked in to!

• Like 9

11 answers to this question

Recommended it awhile ago, but if rory wants a level cap on these bosses, change it to a group level.

ie mamba can have 4 lvl 40's at once, change it to a group level of 160, this allows lvl 40's to make teams of 4 while higher lvl's can only enter in a team of 3. (The actual level can be adjusted but hopefully you get the idea)

• Like 2

A good idea would be to have a quest similar to Kraken tentacle one, but for Manda. Just to spice the activity up around that long forgotten place. Same could be done with Spider boss.

Speaking of "dead" content you can't forget about bandit quest line that has been collecting dust for over 2 years? Yeah ..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Atrane said:

However there could be a price, such as a certain amount of snake venoms, to be allowed through the gate. 

Oh yeah i like that idea, 
same as bone sword boss, 

also make something guaranted like XP or Ryo for defeat spider/snake boss, just dont let player's feel like their time are wasted. (cheers bandit's) 

28 minutes ago, Ueda said:

I am aware of this philosophy related to restricted content, but it seems to be inconsistently applied to certain aspects of the game. For example, once you unlock the level 30 toad arc, you are free to complete that when you wish. However, players opt into doing it earlier in order to reap the rewards (exp) as soon as possible. And even after completing this arc there are other reasons for players to return to the land of toads, like farming raccoons for a certain cosmetic or using it as a peaceful place to meet rivals. Same for the land of iron, which will probably see a lot more traffic once the level cap raises one day.

I believe this type of content works fine for certain smaller bosses or other instances. Spider boss is a very good example that I think fits with what you are trying to achieve, similar to the dull edges and sharp minds mission in Takumi. Personally, I view the Snake lair somewhere in between something like the cursed host cave bosses (no level restrictions at all) and something on the scale of Toad or Iron.

I genuinely think the snake lair is one of the coolest parts of the game, solving the maze and eventually finding a boss. It's just that me and many other players feel as though it could be put to better use, especially when you look at the content of the rest of the game.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ueda said:

This system has been shown to not work unless you don't want them to farm a daily boss, it is simply a matter of increasing the difficulty for higher levels as it rules and the spider boss is dead, no one but no one does. . Manda or the head of the Spider. You can check this since that philosophy does not really work, what it does is restrict the pve and you have to know that the game is not as you say at all in that post, please can you readjust this to better options you can make a vote of part of the community

• Like 1

The real problem behind this boss is that we were hyped about it then trolled into not being able to do it since we were max level after waiting so long for updates.

We arent lvl 40-45 indefinitly and we mostlikely dont want to stay lvl 40-45 for long. This boss is the most worked on boss and yet is the most useless and less farmed one because he has a restriction that makes only 10% of the player base able to run for it.

For my part, i feel trolled.