Wind ;-;

Latom

Ellooo Everybodyy!!
hope everyone is having a good afternoons and hopefully one of you can answer my question.
I've noticed ever since a nerf to wind back in early 2020 there has been a steady decline of anything other than wind/earth and wind/water (not including fan). Can anyone inform me why the meta of wind shifted so much and why I never see any wind/fire,wind/med,or other really good dps setups??

• Shocked 1

Maybe not the best person to reply to your question given that I'm fairly new, but I am someone who picked Wind, and from very early into the game realized on his own that the only competitive path to second mastery would have to be either Earth or Water, the logic is simple: Wind Jutsu are quite hard to land, they have cast times, some are very slow moving, some have a 1 tile hitbox. Only 3 Wind Jutsu are good and competitive on their own, for the rest of the Jutsu to work, reliable Crowd Control or extreme skill on the player's part is necessary. 

On top of this, Earth is by itself an extremely powerful elemental mastery, and has a homing, giving the combo of Wind + Earth a double homing, powerful flicker combos, hard CC, and some extremely good waves. There's nothing Fire can do for Wind if your opponents know how to move and dodge, and you'll also be inferior in Team PvP than an Earth who can root an entire army. After this analysis, it became obvious to me that Earth/Water were my only options to pair up with my Wind. But looking back, knowing what I now know, I would not have gone Wind to begin with, I would have picked WM/Med or Fire/Earth.

33 minutes ago, Aesthetic said:

Ellooo Everybodyy!!
hope everyone is having a good afternoons and hopefully one of you can answer my question.
I've noticed ever since a nerf to wind back in early 2020 there has been a steady decline of anything other than wind/earth and wind/water (not including fan). Can anyone inform me why the meta of wind shifted so much and why I never see any wind/fire,wind/med,or other really good dps setups??

Ppl eyes just closed to the best wind combo hate to see it

• 2 weeks later...

Int wind/fire is one of the worst mastery combos because you cannot face roll abili -- I mean use mad skills to get chea -- I mean COMBOS! Yes, there are not easily achievable combos.... err

Anyway, Wind claw has improved it a lot, but still it is easier to just go something with more stuns.