What am I missing?

Kanpeki

Question

image0.png
This was said not so long ago for Fans. Crystal Fan which is a rare drop from Penguins in Land of Iron is only slightly worse than the legendary Blood Iron Fan which drops from a boss in the Iron Tower. You don't really feel forced to grind the Blood Iron Fan since it is only a slight upgrade over the Crystal Fan.

Meanwhile Kyuketsuki which is a rare drop from Leopards in Land of Iron is so much worse than the legendary sword that drops from a boss in the Iron Tower that it feels like a joke.

unknown.pngunknown.png

And that's just the swords that drop from Land of Iron. Dark Weasel which is a boss near the Sand village drops a rare sword called Dark Scythes but compared to the legendary sword dropped by the Kuraken near the Mist Village it's much worse. (Dark Scythes got buffed to 40 base damage but the difference is still big)

image2.pngunknown.png 

The difference between a rare and a legendary sword is so big that it's come to the point where you need to have a legendary sword cause otherwise you are at a huge disadvantage against someone who has one. Which is really weird since it was not balanced like this in the past. 

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

I don't know how did the difference between rare and legendary swords skyrocket so suddenly after level 50 but I hope that it will be evened out cause currently it is simply too large.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

6 answers to this question

A gap from 36/40/42 base damage to some crazy 85 or 90 base damage with additional knockback feel strange. These weapons look more like something for lvl 75/80+ or so. Even with that logic idea of game is to not make a huge gaps between items as Ueda said in my Blood Iron Fan buff suggestion. I don’t understand that because Yamazaru is a machine gun with 126 dmg per hit with crazy speed. Hammer atleast have 3s attack cd or so. In game when we have 1300-1500 by avg a hits which can kill u in around 15seconds are a big mistake.

I don’t know why we moved from 42 base damage (which is nice and reasonable to) to some crazy numbers. All of these swords could be unique but not at the cost when all other masteries which are not using swords are weaker just because they can’t hit for over 100 every 1/1.5s

Weapons should specialize in one area so that they are on a horizontal tier and suit different play styles . This means that a weapon should have +5 int stat, another weapon +5 chak, another weapon +5 fort etc. They can even have regeneration perks on them. They cannot however, have a bunch of different stats in small quantities in the same sword with a scaling strength number.

Also I am bummed there is another sword out there that is better than Kyoketsukki. Impossible to achieve and makes the person having it OP for no reason. Asarihanma and Yamazaru 85+knockback/90+reg? :(

I agree the gaps are insane, if a nerf happens please make them a commodity. If not, straight remove/replace them and put them in content for way higher levels. 

Dark Scythe currently is a way more balanced weapon in speed/damage/with future upcoming ability. 

Yamazaru/Jakuma are straight up WILD. Just why? 

Adamantine sword and the Asarihanma I'd understand, their speed is relatively balanced with their damage output and would make them a bit more of Legendary. 

As a nerf to 2 katanasa, I'd say put their damage down to 50-55 base. Speed is alright and they dont have broken abilities. ? And fix their drop rate as more of a commodity from that crazy hard to reach and tough to kill boss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hageshi said:

I agree the gaps are insane, if a nerf happens please make them a commodity. If not, straight remove/replace them and put them in content for way higher levels. 

Dark Scythe currently is a way more balanced weapon in speed/damage/with future upcoming ability. 

Adamantine sword and the Asarihanma I'd understand, their speed is relatively balanced with their damage output and would make them a bit more of Legendary. 

As a nerf to 2 katanasa, I'd say put their damage down to 50-55 base. Speed is alright and they dont have broken abilities. ? And fix their drop rate as more of a commodity from that crazy hard to reach and tough to kill boss. 

This is so good solution. They are fast and as a content for 50+ 50-55base should ba absolutly maxium. Meanwhile these are 126dmg machine guns

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hageshi said:

Yea around 50 base damage seems way more realistic for these swords. I'd also say Adamantine Sword and the Asarihanma should be in the 60-65 base damage range, the guaranteed knockback they have is already a huge advantage, no need for them to do damage this high.

Edited by Flicker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1