Basic Nature Transformations

Nagao Hideki

Question

Hi All!

After reading Yoneji's suggestion on deflecting projectiles [https://www.ninonline.org/forum/forums/index/topic/30600-blockdeflect-tools] I came up with an idea of canceling elemental jutsu with the element they are weak against (e.g. how a reanimated Hiruzen neutralized the 5 elemental attacks of the Ten-Tails by casting counter-jutsu with his shadow clones).

This concept would mean that while some elements prevail against others, they each have a weakness in the cycle of elements as explained through Basic Nature Transformations: 

Fire is strong against Wind but weak against Water.
Wind is strong against Lightning but weak against Fire.
Lightning is strong against Earth but weak against Wind.
Earth is strong against Water but weak against Lightning.
Water is strong against Fire but weak against Earth.

As explained by the Naruto Wiki:
"Basically, if an elemental technique is put against another elemental technique of the same level, but of a stronger nature, then the technique with the superior nature will prevail." 

This could be broken down to different jutsu, which when put up against each other would be able to either counter or overpower each other. For example:

If Shinobi A uses a Great Fireball Technique and Shinobi B counters it with a Great Water Shark it would either neutralize the fire jutsu or have an x % success rate of the water Jutsu overpowering it and dealing damage to Shinobi A.

Keep in mind this system is flawed (would require some reworks) and would only apply to jutsu that are long-range + can be countered, so that one has time to cast and cancel the incoming one. Of course homings would remain unaffected because the only way to counter e.g. an Earth Pillar is to sub it or run out of range but I think it would add to the immersion and give the game a more realistic feel in terms of deflecting "large scale" jutsu. 

I know the idea sounds a bit far-fetched for Nin but I thought I'd put it out there since some may have a better take on the concept of how to make elemental masteries more diverse.

Anyways, thanks for reading!
Feel free to add any comments below. :)

• Like 2

1 answer to this question