Sword feedback v2

Yamikami

Question

With Kraken Hammer being reduced to 55 base damage and Yamazaru going back to 120 STR requirement, I think that another slight tweak should be made in order to bring swords to balance similar to the one that was in place with older swords.

Yamazaru and Jakuma should both be 120 STR requirement and Jakuma should lose the 40 chakra requirement.
The base damage of the swords should be reduced to 46 base damage.

This would make a lot more sense when looking back at previous content.
unknown.pngunknown.png

As seen here Bandit Blade has higher damage than the Bone Sword even though it's lower level and STR requirement, but what makes Bone Sword stronger than the Bandit Blade is the way faster attack speed and HP regen.

Bandit Blade's "upgrade" on lvl 51 is the Blood Katana (I call it an upgrade because they have the same speed).
unknown.png

If the swords were made to have 46 base damage like I said, the balance between them would be pretty much the same how the balance between the slow hitting Bandit Blade and the fast hitting Bone Sword was.

This way content like Blood Katana still has a chance of staying somewhat relevant since it would be sad if unique items like these which look pretty cool were simply sidetracked, but is still makes Yamazaru/Jakuma the stronger option due to having much faster attack speed (faster HP regen tick on Yamazaru too).

8 answers to this question

I think Yamazaru is just a better version of Bonesword now and Rory stated in a previous post "I want these weapons to have a bit of an advantage not game breaking". I believe Yamazaru does that. I don't think it requires further tweaking or anything. Also obtaining a bonesword is quite easy nowadays, obtaining a Yamazaru is almost impossible. 

1 minute ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I think Yamazaru is just a better version of Bonesword now and Rory stated in a previous post "I want these weapons to have a bit of an advantage not game breaking". I believe Yamazaru does that. I don't think it requires further tweaking or anything. Also obtaining a bonesword is quite easy nowadays, obtaining a Yamazaru is almost impossible. 

It would still be better even on 46 base damage, that's 10 base damage higher than the Bone Sword. The current 55 base damage seems too high compared to the Bone Sword, not to mention that the insanely slow Hammer is now 55 base as well so it feels odd to have a fast af sword doing the same damage as that.

It already got a massive nerf from 90 > 55. Having 10 base dmg higher than Bone and nothing else that's redeeming makes the sword obsolete, it'll do 4-5 dmg more than Bone. Not worth the extra 10 str req. Bonesword will be better. 

As for the Hammer argument, it has KB and KB > Speed.

You're literally advocating for Yamazaru to become a reskin of Bonesword. Just like how double scythes is

Which will make the sword obsolete

At least BALANCE the sword instead of just hard nerf, suggest passives or something. You're making end game items feel shit

37 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

It already got a massive nerf from 90 > 55. Having 10 base dmg higher than Bone and nothing else that's redeeming makes the sword obsolete, it'll do 4-5 dmg more than Bone. Not worth the extra 10 str req. Bonesword will be better. 

As for the Hammer argument, it has KB and KB > Speed.

You're literally advocating for Yamazaru to become a reskin of Bonesword. Just like how double scythes is

Which will make the sword obsolete

At least BALANCE the sword instead of just hard nerf, suggest passives or something. You're making end game items feel shit

I'm not sure you realise how base damage works. Bone Sword on 110 STR will hit for 69 damage and Yamazaru on 120 str would hit for 82 damage (if the base was 46). You would deal 13 damage more per melee while having only 100 HP less, along with having a faster ticking HP regen.

Right now Yamazaru hits for 91 damage on 120 STR which is 22 damage more than the Bone Sword.
That amounts to doing 220 damage more per 10 melees which is a big jump for only 10 STR.

15 minutes ago, Yamikami said:

I'm not sure you realise how base damage works. Bone Sword on 110 STR will hit for 69 damage and Yamazaru on 120 str would hit for 82 damage (if the base was 46). You would deal 13 damage more per melee while having only 100 HP less, along with having a faster ticking HP regen.

Right now Yamazaru hits for 91 damage on 120 STR which is 22 damage more than the Bone Sword.
That amounts to doing 220 damage more per 10 melees which is a big jump for only 10 STR.

It doesn't have a faster tick HP regen. 
13 more dmg for a sword that has 0.01% drop from the hardest boss in the game that is extremely hard almost impossible to kill now. A boss that is only unlocked from completing the land of iron quest line which is very tedious. All of that EFFORT for 13 extra dmg per hit? LOL. 

It will become useless. 

"Big jump" No it isn't in terms of all the effort it takes to get a Yamazaru, there's more than 25 boneswords in the game thus showing you how easy it is to obtain one.

14 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

It doesn't have a faster tick HP regen. 
13 more dmg for a sword that has 0.01% drop from the hardest boss in the game that is extremely hard almost impossible to kill now. A boss that is only unlocked from completing the land of iron quest line which is very tedious. All of that EFFORT for 13 extra dmg per hit? LOL. 

It will become useless. 

"Big jump" No it isn't in terms of all the effort it takes to get a Yamazaru, there's more than 25 boneswords in the game thus showing you how easy it is to obtain one.

You can't balance the sword around how hard it is to kill the boss, that would be silly. You have to balance it around other swords of similar speed/effect/rarity.

It cannot become useless.
If one sword is 110 STR and 36 base and the other sword is 120 STR and 46 base while both having the same attack speed it's obvious which is the better one to go for. 

2 hours ago, Yamikami said:

You can't balance the sword around how hard it is to kill the boss, that would be silly. You have to balance it around other swords of similar speed/effect/rarity.

It cannot become useless.
If one sword is 110 STR and 36 base and the other sword is 120 STR and 46 base while both having the same attack speed it's obvious which is the better one to go for. 

You make it sound like it's a stroll in the park to "go" for the better one. It's impossible now with the way the bosses have been changed. No one will ever drop a land of iron sword (Yamazaru or Jakuma). So everyone will just get a bone. Now enough with your stupid ideas and stick to play GF WM

On 8/26/2021 at 9:44 AM, Yamikami said:

With Kraken Hammer being reduced to 55 base damage and Yamazaru going back to 120 STR requirement, I think that another slight tweak should be made in order to bring swords to balance similar to the one that was in place with older swords.

Yamazaru and Jakuma should both be 120 STR requirement and Jakuma should lose the 40 chakra requirement.
The base damage of the swords should be reduced to 46 base damage.

This would make a lot more sense when looking back at previous content.
unknown.pngunknown.png

As seen here Bandit Blade has higher damage than the Bone Sword even though it's lower level and STR requirement, but what makes Bone Sword stronger than the Bandit Blade is the way faster attack speed and HP regen.

Bandit Blade's "upgrade" on lvl 51 is the Blood Katana (I call it an upgrade because they have the same speed).
unknown.png

If the swords were made to have 46 base damage like I said, the balance between them would be pretty much the same how the balance between the slow hitting Bandit Blade and the fast hitting Bone Sword was.

This way content like Blood Katana still has a chance of staying somewhat relevant since it would be sad if unique items like these which look pretty cool were simply sidetracked, but is still makes Yamazaru/Jakuma the stronger option due to having much faster attack speed (faster HP regen tick on Yamazaru too).

the weapons are fine. Why make legendary boss item the same tier as crystal katana which drops from leopards.