Sushi

Question

Hello, today I would love to try and suggest whole new mastery based around genjutsu, lot of these jutsus will be support sided and will be best combined with element as 2nd mastery but hopefully not too weak to not be played solo. Ill try to keep it in nin limitations too.

Little trivia from anime to begin with.
Genjutsu (幻術, Literally meaning: Illusionary Techniques) is one of the main jutsu categories which uses chakra. Unlike ninjutsu, the effects of genjutsu are not real, being only illusions by those who fall victim to it.

With this info we can already see that the mastery effects (even durations) would primarily scale off from chakra stat, I would love to see little supportive scaling from Intellect too but since Im no balance expert this is up to @Ueda really.

First of all I would love to introduce new sensory like technique because most likely all of the techniques here will be homing and long range - therefore you need a way to get them off you. Also it would be nice to implement mechanic similiar to blocking basic attacks but chance of genjutsu not being succesfull if target has high chakra.

Sensory like technique - Release - would have 80 chakra points requirement and will clean all debufs from genjutsu to characters 2 tiles from the user. Would be instacast and have 1 minute cooldown

I feel like this way you could possibly encourage teamplay against this support mastery.

Level 10 technique - Illusionary Crows - This technique sends flock of crow hallucinations to cause bleed like effect on the target slowly chipping away his HP, I think that 10 seconds duration and 20 base damage done overall through that time would be good enough to help you farm and at the same time not be as rewarding as full intelligence masteries for example.
I feel like first technique should be damaging and PvE able so low level players arent discouraged by the mastery not helping them level up in those first crucial parts of their story. Therefore I would suggest long cooldown to about 1 minute.

Level 15 technique - Blinding - Technique that blinds the target for duration of 5 seconds where he can see only his character and black screen around it, mobs would need to have different effect which I suggest to lose aggro for 2 seconds. Long cast time to, maybe even 2-3 seconds. But shorter cooldown so it can be used in group fights more effectively.
This technique could scale its duration off chakra points with same scaling as agility reduces cas time speed.

Level 20 Technique - Illusionary roots - This technique could be either single snare, but I suggest making it snaring the target and everyone 1 tile around him too for 2 seconds with roots around their legs. Again high cast time around 3-4 seconds and high cooldown.
This technique could scale its duration off chakra points with same scaling as agility reduces cas time speed.

Level 25 technique - Exhaustion - This one will go nicely with the next technique, it would induce slow, base percentage 30% but would scale with chakra to everyone 3 tiles around the user, for 4 seconds with 1 second cast time. I feel like this one is less harmfull and could again have more normal cooldown like the Blinding about 20 seconds.

Level 30 technique - Rellocation - This would be Genjutsus users either Escape or Dive in plan. It would be 1 second stand cast and would transform the user into flock of crows moving 7 tiles, or until physicall obstacle is met, forward, with invincibility during that animation. The rellocation would take 1 second overall and Additional effect is that anyone you pass through will have 10% of their chakra drained. This would have 1 minute cooldown and heavy chakra cost.

Level 35 technique - Chakra disorientation - To top it off this would increase Chakra cost of targets jutsu by 100% by distrupting his chakra flows. Of course would be heavy costing on user too and would have 3 seconds stand cast time, but should have cooldown under 30 seconds. On mobs this would neet to have different effect aswell so I suggest doubling the damage of next hit they recieve.

This kit I feel like would make Genjutsu users very valuable in teamfights and not encourage them to dive right in with their long range long cooldown and cast times, but still leave them with at least some sorts of defense in 1v1 situation, plus they would have weaker farming at cost of being more annoying at PVP.

Feel free to discuss, add, adjust or criticize anything in the comments, cant wait to read all of it and hope we will get this mastery in game one day nwn.

• Boring 1

3 answers to this question

Genjutsu is really missing in the game indeed.

24 minutes ago, Sushi said:

Level 20 Technique - Illusionary roots - This technique could be either single snare, but I suggest making it snaring the target and everyone 1 tile around him too for 2 seconds with roots around their legs. Again high cast time around 3-4 seconds and high cooldown.

This jutsu would be impossible to hit with a 3-4second casttime and 1 tile around him hitbox with high cooldown aswell? It doesnt even sound strong.

24 minutes ago, Sushi said:

Level 35 technique - Chakra disorientation - To top it off this would increase Chakra cost of targets jutsu by 100% by distrupting his chakra flows. Of course would be heavy costing on user too and would have 3 seconds stand cast time, but should have cooldown under 30 seconds. On mobs this would neet to have different effect aswell so I suggest doubling the damage of next hit they recieve.

Boring change it into some attack move.

The kit rest seems fine however there is not a single instant cast jutsu.

31 minutes ago, Alev said:
53 minutes ago, Sushi said:

This jutsu would be impossible to hit with a 3-4second casttime and 1 tile around him hitbox with high cooldown aswell? It doesnt even sound strong.

It is meant to snare target 100% plus everyone 1 tile around the target, not the caster, I was thinking about 3 tiles around the target but that sounded like too much to me, but you I can try and change it up a little bit, thank you for telling me

31 minutes ago, Alev said:
53 minutes ago, Sushi said:

Boring change it into some attack move.

I felt like doing attack move at first time but wanted to keep it more support based, but I can offer some alternative to choose between either this or the attack move with shared cooldown probably, good points tho.

My opinion would be to put this not as a master's degree to choose from lvl 10 but as one more possibility. It would be cool if anyone had the option of choosing it and initially putting 2 types of illusory jutsus. I would say to do a quest line for lvls 30 for the snakes part since it is a site that could put more content.

• Thanks 1