Wind Shuriken Evolution idea

Atrane

Question

Intellect wind mastery is the only of the elements to have no jutsu that evolves. Fire and Water have single bullets that evolve into triple. Earth and Light have EP/Cutter evolutions. I have an unique idea for wind shuriken to have an evolution that is a bit different than any jutsu we have in game right now.

The current wind shuriken is thrown like this:

Screenshot_321.png.46c73b4f2cadffaa5cb4b5efc17253db.png

For my idea, the evolved wind shuriken would react different due the users advanced learning of controlling wind. The shuriken would travel forward normally and at it's max range it would reverse course and go back to it's starting point. Also, the stronger wind currents would make the shuriken become piercing. (Possibly hitting twice if someone stays in it's path, but thats a balance decision)

Screenshot_322.png.6684e4530178c52b5921f3ed0f3128f4.png

images not drawn to scale, just trying to better showcase the idea

• Like 11

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Atrane said:

Intellect wind mastery is the only of the elements to have no jutsu that evolves. Fire and Water have single bullets that evolve into triple. Earth and Light have EP/Cutter evolutions. I have a unique idea for wind shuriken to have and evolution that is a bit different than any jutsu we have in game right now.

The current wind shuriken is thrown like this:

Screenshot_321.png.46c73b4f2cadffaa5cb4b5efc17253db.png

For my idea, the evolved wind shuriken would react different due the users advanced learning of controlling wind. The shuriken would travel forward normally and at it's max range it would reverse course and go back to it's starting point. Also, the stronger wind currents would make the shuriken become piercing. (Possibly hitting twice if someone stays in it's path, but thats a balance decision)

Screenshot_322.png.6684e4530178c52b5921f3ed0f3128f4.png

images not drawn to scale, just trying to better showcase the idea

I like the idea maybe when it evolves it will no longer need tools to use it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harmony said:

Wouldnt that mean it needs a self stun?
could always add that to fuuma ^^'

Design wise I don't think it should be like the person who threw the shuriken is having it return to him, just reversing course and coming back to the tile it was thrown from. I don't think it would need a self stun in that case, especially if it is only capable of dealing damage once. All of the current elemental jutsu evolutions relate to making their jutsu do more aoe and I think this is a different way of showcasing that.