Nerf Iron Tower (Samurai numbers) [Suggestion]

Hageshi

Question

Alright alright guys, I know this may come of as a surprise, but Iron Tower IS NOT SOLOABLE AS IT IS. 

No, I am not talking about bosses. I am talking about the 400 Elite Samurai Kills you need to go through as you unlock it.

Where do you kill them? In these; 

958213775_irontowerharass.thumb.png.0a34576d5cb1f27151c95a7c6d86a3ec.png

I am not saying it's impossible, but it's way too much.

SOLUTION:

1- Decrease heavily the amount of Elite Samurai that spawn in the 3 small rooms. You need to kill 200 of each but it's unnecessary to have this many around, no one will be doing multiple at once.

2- Make them passive (don't agro players unless attacked), this is unlikely but will help greatly with moving around, their short agro is unpredictable and doesn't help much. 

Please make Iron Tower solo-friendly :) 

• Like 5

10 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I disagree, I did this with the hardships that come with it so should you. The tower is meant to be hard almost impossible, not everyone has the stomach to kill samurais! 

Also if you complete the tower quest line THEN you should receive a hero's blessing of sorts which would be :

Hero's Blessing : This passive is given to the one who completes the land of iron questline and defeats the evil General Mitsuhide! 
Passive : All land of iron mobs do not aggro you unless you attack first.

Yeah good points. I get it it SHOULD be hard, and it IS VERY hard right now, not impossible, but unnecessary. 

I think just shrinking the amount of them spawning would be a devastating difficulty drop, you still have to kill 400 of these things. 

But yeah fair point overall +1 

• Like 2

I disagree, I did this with the hardships that come with it so should you. The tower is meant to be hard almost impossible, not everyone has the stomach to kill samurais! 

Also if you complete the tower quest line THEN you should receive a hero's blessing of sorts which would be :

Hero's Blessing : This passive is given to the one who completes the land of iron questline and defeats the evil General Mitsuhide! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Okay I've changed my mind, I'm on board with this now

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Seifer said:

I killed so many of those samurai, I could not even get the key man. Grats on making it inside.

(make sure to kill the horned js lmao. shouldn't take more than 100 kills to get a key considering i got both my keys within the first 100 or so.)
also only input I can put on this is that the inside of the tower just seems like the rest of LOI, lots of mobs crammed into an area with a jank aggro range.
its genuinely a shame the aggro is so weird for LOI cause it makes the grind feel way more tedious than difficult ;-;

On 9/5/2021 at 2:45 AM, Seifer said:

I killed so many of those samurai, I could not even get the key man. Grats on making it inside.

Can we just get a buff on the % of the key drop? I completely abandoned LoI when I hit 60, but until then I have been solo-grinding these samurai like a madman with not a single key drop even with a 20% bonus. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I came to farm the key on a 16% bonus and a Sand villager told me he dropped 2 of them in the last 15 minutes. As I talked to other players who we were kind of in the same boat with, we all seemed to agree that the RNG on this specific mission is completely messed up and the key should either have a higher drop rate or one would have to kill a set amount of samurai in order to obtain it and be able to move forward with the mission chain.

4 minutes ago, Nagao Hideki said:

Can we just get a buff on the % of the key drop? I completely abandoned LoI when I hit 60, but until then I have been solo-grinding these samurai like a madman with not a single key drop even with a 20% bonus. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I came to farm the key on a 16% bonus and a Sand villager told me he dropped 2 of them in the last 15 minutes. As I talked to other players who we were kind of in the same boat with, we all seemed to agree that the RNG on this specific mission is completely messed up and the key should either have a higher drop rate or one would have to kill a set amount of samurai in order to obtain it and be able to move forward with the mission chain.

are you sure your killing the right samurai???
Cause it doesn't take more than 100-200kills to drop a key if your farming horned samurai which are the mob that drop the key.
(not sure if its true but it feels like its impossible to drop a key on acc that has already completed the mission. I farmed 100s after getting the key and turning in the mission and didn't drop another key, logged onto my tai/med and dropped one within the first like 10 kills. Might have just been rng or something but its nin, the grind is all you can do)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aesthetic said:

are you sure your killing the right samurai???
Cause it doesn't take more than 100-200kills to drop a key if your farming horned samurai which are the mob that drop the key.
(not sure if its true but it feels like its impossible to drop a key on acc that has already completed the mission. I farmed 100s after getting the key and turning in the mission and didn't drop another key, logged onto my tai/med and dropped one within the first like 10 kills. Might have just been rng or something but its nin, the grind is all you can do)

I stopped at around 85 horned while having completed "Stronger than the Samurai" with the basic ones.
So I guess I'll just keep up the grind then, but I might only do it after the lvl. cap increases as I'm kind of maxed out in terms of xp. :D