Suggestion: Other Jutsu types and Mechanics

Shang Chi

Question

So for the past many years, it's seemed that jutsu follow the same path leading to a repetitive loop that does not leave much room for fresh combat.

Flicker, damage, snare, stun, knockback, sometimes silence. We have AoE's, projectiles, a slight form of sensory, basic healing, DOT's. There's a list of effects and different jutsu types and abilities that, while being a longer list, gets stale as it does not always effect the style of gameplay.

I have a few suggestions on different jutsu/types of techniques that could be added to the game.

1) Team Jutsu-

Jutsu that have to be cast with more than 1 person. This could work by the initial caster beginning the technique, which would then place markers at specific places that the other users have to stand at to cast. One example of this from Naruto is the "Barrier 4 Man Formation"(Pictured Below). This would add a new form of trapping to the game aside from generic stuns/snares. Actually limiting the battlefield, adding an interesting addition to raids/team fights.

See the source image

There are a multitude of jutsu that can be used this way. Earth wall, Water Sharks, they all have the ability to be streamlined together in a team setting.

2) Genjutsu- Now that instanced mapping is in the game, I believe Genjutsu has become more possible than ever before. One

idea would be Tsukiyomi(pictured below). As this is a well known jutsu, i wont specify what it could do. Rather understanding the limitless possibilities of Genjutsu would be sufficient as it revolves around perception of senses. 

See the source image

These are just a few ideas I've had. Cheers

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Zabuza Momochi said:

Imagine a genjutsu that removes you and the target, placing them in a genjutsu (instanced of the current map) thus forcing a 1v1 and removing numbers.

That would be so nice. Imagine 1 dude being a huge problem. 1 guy being a champ "Ill take him out of the fight" brings him somewhere else and gets his sht rocked, but by the time its over the other dudes team is dead and he cant save them all. Would be nice

10 minutes ago, Hells Angel said:

That would be so nice. Imagine 1 dude being a huge problem. 1 guy being a champ "Ill take him out of the fight" brings him somewhere else and gets his sht rocked, but by the time its over the other dudes team is dead and he cant save them all. Would be nice

tbh now I am just imagine an absolutely chad who hunts solo and slowly 1v1's his way through an army

As long as the genjutsu in question had a decent stat requirement and cooldown so it isn't abused by 1v1 masteries (GF, agi tai, WM etc) that would be fun, even if admittedly it does sound cool to randomly find yourself in a barren genjutsu staring down someone holding a large scythe. 

It would be cool to see jutsu with more utility, or status's outside the status quo. A random suggestion I had for Crescent Moon Beheading Technique was for the jutsu to actually execute the enemy if it was the finisher, as in they can't be revived, the jutsu is still dog tier overall, but it would be interesting to see.

Or bubble's level 30 jutsu putting the user in a bubble, slightly increased movement speed with the added bonus of floating over tags/bear traps etc. (Not an actual suggestion for the jutsu, just a random thought to share regarding jutsu outside the norm...Although it would be nice to actually be able to catch up to people and map lock them lmao, god knows if someone runs from a bubble user they've got no jutsu or options outside of kunais to lock them...Or spit, but you'd really have to stretch for that)

• Like 1

I really like the 4 man barrier formation, with the only suggestion being that those trapped in it should be able to counter the jutsu in some way as getting caught in one of these by a 4 man squad out hunting would mean instant death. If it were something like the Four Violet Flames formation the people caught in it could all be dealt a certain amount of damage and burn but the jutsu would disappear right after and would have a bigger cooldown to prevent people abusing it. A more advanced version of this would be the Four Red Yang Formation which would take 4 people who previously held or actively hold the title of Kage. 
As for the genjutsu I really like the idea of teleporting someone away to fight them, but I'd start off small with let's say the Racoon bandit's genjutsu being a lv. 1 jutsu while gradually moving up towards "Tsukuyomi" as the top tier genjutsu. Albeit I'm kind of conflicted here as Tsukuyomi is supposed to be a Mangekyo Sharingan dojutsu, which means it would only be available for members of a certain clan (and I'd go with Muteki here as they are basically based on the Uchiha) and one would have to spend A LOT of time to awaken the eyes to kind of balance it out. I'd suggest the teleportation genjutsu be available to all while Tsukuyomi would maybe render the target immobile for as long as the caster is not damaged in any way and it would also have a massive cooldown and require a lot of chakra. But these are just my takes on the suggestion. I really hope at least one of these get added into the game, would be better if we could have both in the future. :)

• Thanks 1