Poison Scalpel Technique changes

Ainz Ooal Gown

Question

image.png.5fbbf36afbfa701af9440573b3f796c9.png

Currently this jutsu is S tier. It's used in every combination possible and is very overtuned. (I don't like throwing the word broken everywhere). The issue I have with this jutsu is that it STUNS and is up every 5 seconds (with a 10 chakra cost)
My proposed changes are as follows: (CHOOSE 1)

• Increase the c/d to 8 seconds.
  • Change the stun > silence
  • Increase chakra cost to 25.

I believe with any of these changes^ the jutsu will still be strong just not stupid. Right now you can miss scalpel and use it for fun and still not be punished, you just wait 5 seconds and lose 10 chakra points.
Would appreciate it being looked at.

• Like 4

7 answers to this question

IMO there are pros and cons to changing this move, specifically increasing the cooldown. I will go onto them but the main frustration from this move is the undodgeable on diags version. 

Increasing the cooldown

If you breakdown the average medic fight (1v1), scalpel is used mainly with flicker. Outside of this, it's used very situationally. For the majority of the population, the low cd is not utilised. Only the players who have taken real time to get good at using the move is the low CD utilised, which is what gives the move it's skillcap. It's great to see players who can really utilise this move from pure skill.

tl;dr don't nerf the CD, nerf other parts, e.g. it's scaling, base damage, chakra cost, or risk making it more braindead of a move than it already is by removing the skillcap.

• Like 2

Medic in general needs a rebalance. I was not making posts about it cause the logic until now was that Medic+Element won't get advanced, but since advanced is out of the water something needs to be done for sure. It's currently the most omnipotent mastery, giving access to low CD stuns, high damage DoTs, heals and a revive jutsu. It is no wonder that medic is the most popular mastery in the game, especially combined with hidden mastery weapons due to the insane synergy with posion scalpel. 

If you ask me, poison scalpel should completely lose any sort of CC. It's base damage should increase to make up for that fact. It should just be an instant damage jutsu with low cooldown. To allow medic to still cancel important jutsu like Cutter and Crescent, Poison Cloud jutsu should silence opponents for 0.5 seconds. This way instead of a stun you can spam every 5 seconds, medic has a larger AoE silence on a longer cooldown that it can use to cancel casts and support teammates. 

The fact medics who specialize in poisons and damage can also heal and revive is also something that should get looked at. 

Poison Scalpel needs to lose it's stun.

Poison in general needs it's DoT changed, as it's too easy to stack for a very long timer. Look at poor Fire's DoT.

I mention this because it is annoying to wait a minute to map change when you outran the enemy to the other side of the map, but are just awkwardly sitting there until the army pulls back up....

Something ive been saying for awhile. Even though there are so many things that needs changing, ill stick to the topic. That jutsu alone having that low of a CD and low Chakra which tops it off with a stun is ridiculous. It can utilize with any mastery better than water if we're comparing Scalpel to WP. I'm comparing a level 15 jutsu to a level 30 jutsu btw. When it comes to stuns, i honestly feel like poison senbon is more than enough. Even though silences could be annoying, i'd rather deal with less combos being set up by a simple move. GF will always be superior but nowadays flicker + scalpel and scalpel + sub punishing damn near feels like dealing with a GF user. It looks fun and I can understand why so many of the newer generation would choose to go with the scalpel meta, but if you're solely focused on Pvp/1v1s then I could understand how annoying it would be to deal with which ill glady not get involved in. Don't even let me get started with the ego boosting one simple move can give people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vinsmoke said:

Something ive been saying for awhile. Even though there are so many things that needs changing, ill stick to the topic. That jutsu alone having that low of a CD and low Chakra which tops it off with a stun is ridiculous. It can utilize with any mastery better than water if we're comparing Scalpel to WP. I'm comparing a level 15 jutsu to a level 30 jutsu btw. When it comes to stuns, i honestly feel like poison senbon is more than enough. Even though silences could be annoying, i'd rather deal with less combos being set up by a simple move. GF will always be superior but nowadays flicker + scalpel and scalpel + sub punishing damn near feels like dealing with a GF user. It looks fun and I can understand why so many of the newer generation would choose to go with the scalpel meta, but if you're solely focused on Pvp/1v1s then I could understand how annoying it would be to deal with which ill glady not get involved in. Don't even let me get started with the ego boosting one simple move can give people.

that's a one of a some reason's why i think Nin online is a pretty good game but with weird thing's in side. 

poison scalpel is a jutsu what deal a lot of damage(22base + ~30dot), cost only 10 chakra and have VERY LOW CD what makes this jutsu just very strongful, 
you can interput every stand cast with posion scalpel -> that's fine but meanwhile with interputing you just deal a heavy damage even with LOW INT. 

also that's how flicker work atm, making it pretty useful and easy to use,

i just feel like every CROWD CONTROL / STUNS / SNARES / SLOW / KNOCK BACK'S  should deal less damage, if we compare a CC jutsus with Non-CC jutsus then we reach that most of them deal a similar damage or even higher than regular jutsus, 

I mean every CC's in game should have (for example -20 base damage) negative base damage (except lighting?->for make it unique in his way),
In theory those type of jutsu's are focused for catch target and make it unable to move -> but meanwhile it deal similar damage as jutsu's which are designed for deal only damage, 
Just look at wind mask(25lv FAN jutsu) -> its deal 1 damage overall and no one complain its "weak" technique,

reason why there is hard to fight 1vs2/3 are because stun's / snare's deal similar damage to normal jutsu 
- so ninja's in 2vs1 focused for use their CC's move's for keep target in a "stun chain" also they still deal a pretty good damage when enemy is unable to react and quickly became dead.