Do Risky Blade Dance some justice.

Kage

Question

Hi @Ueda,

You've probably gotten a lot of backlash for the recent changes affecting Strength Weapon Masters. I'm not here to rant about your changes as it honestly did need a nerf, however I've come with a suggestion to soften the blow.

Right now Risky Blade Dance doesn't cancel and self-stuns. My suggestion is that it should either cancel but still self-stun you, or not cancel but remove the self-stun. Risky is literally the easiest punishable ability in the game, the only thing you need to get right is the timing and you can punish someone for half their hp if they use Risky Blade Dance on you. Now that it self-stuns it gives players the ability to punish someone using Risky Blade Dance even harder since even if your punish timing is off, you still have the self-stun time to punish them. 

That's why I lean more towards remove the self-stun from Risky Blade Dance. Not being able to cancel is enough of a nerf for this ability. Most of us Weapon Masters prefer not to use the level 30 ability, since it's quite jarring to get right and easily predictable as well. We prefer using Risky Blade Dance to set up combo's for a more flashy and fast playstyle.

If you understand our weeps, bring Risky Blade Dance some justice.

Cheers.

• Like 6

6 answers to this question

I dont think its changed to EU players at all tbh, its a good nerf for good ping players. The Snares after Risky used to be longer than 0.5sec in some cases and sometimes I didnt snare at all.

The recent update makes it less homing-carried mastery.

TLDR: Risky is fine as it is now.

risky was the wm cancel jutsu  now wm has 2 cancels (3 if you are hybrid but thatt is stats  split ) at least then should give us another cancel or add normal runcast on beaheading.The wm nerf made no sense it was the loi swords that broken the mastery and flicker scalpel on wm/medic not the masteries jutsus. and the 0.5 se selfstun sometimes snare too so it not much better.

11 hours ago, Enver said:

I dont think its changed to EU players at all tbh, its a good nerf for good ping players. The Snares after Risky used to be longer than 0.5sec in some cases and sometimes I didnt snare at all.

The recent update makes it less homing-carried mastery.

TLDR: Risky is fine as it is now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voxa said:

- either give risky 1 more tile range or add selfstun to pillar / wind homing as well. 

I know having a homing at all is cheap, but nerf wind anymore and it's a dead mastery. Without homing and claw, the whole mastery is throwing out one projectile every 10-20s. lol

I can forsee a call to rework the jutsus in the future. In which case I would support. I do not like free hits, but one projectile every 10-20s is too weak too.