Scapels

Latom

Question

Scalpels

I am here to discuss Scalpels but not the ones you all are probably thinking about. Poison scalpel has probably had 20 or more posts within the last 6 months made but no one acknowledges as far as I've seen, the absolute madness that is the "support' side of the already supposed support class being able to melee 60+ consistently. I have mained medic for 3 years and mostly played chakra based builds that utilized scalpels and know from experience how dumb it is to as or fight a chakra medic considering they hold z and spam senbon tools to deal the easiest damage ever. I propose a nerf to the jutsu as such.

Proposal
Increase the Cooldown and Reduce the base damage of the jutsu. currently the jutsu duration is 60 seconds and the cooldown is 60 allowing for them to immediately recast it after losing it meaning a support class always has high dmg pressure at their fingertips (quite literally). I recommend doubling the cd to 120 instead of having it at 60 so they have some wait time instead of constant pressure.

A good reason to try and fix the insanity of chakra scalpels damage as well is that any chakra medic will be investing most of their points into fortitude and chakra meaning at max level you can melee 60-70 damage while also being able to heal yourself for 1/3rd or 1/4th of your hp every self cast of regen. this in my eyes is not a support class but a high damage self sustaining mess. its a good jutsu for the early levels considering chakra based medics have nothing to use combatively other than tools but in the later levels it just feels very overtuned for the class.

And I know possible counterclaims are that medics have to invest so many points into chakra to get such high damage but if they are playing chakra medic they will unless hybrid most likely have 150 or more chakra casually while also keeping a good health pool.

This proposal is meant to balance out the class in hopes that medics who invest large pools of chakra for good heals cant also just hold the melee key and melt someone down while in combat as well as encourage a more defensive/supportive style of gameplay from all pure chakra medics.
unknown.png

Let me know what you all think and if this jutsu should change because in my eyes its too overtuned for what its meant for.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

2 answers to this question

I can't agree with somethings in this post, First off the CD is something I can't agree with at all, a chk med must have the ability to defend themselves adequately as they won't always be with people who can defend them. If a chk med is caught alone with chk scalpels that only lasts for 60secs but has a cooldown of 120secs,  they are basically defenceless for another 60secs ontop of which chk scalpels is a jutsu that is quite easy to cancel placing them in a really crappy position.
   Secondly I understand that chk meds are supposed to be a support class but they still need the ability to defend themselves and put out dmg. I can understand a base dmg nerf but at the end of the day chk scalpels needs to put out dmg to make the enemy reconsider chasing the chk medic to the ends of the earth otherwise that class is a sitting duck in any battle which I find isnt fair to the players.
   Thirdly the way I see it right now chk meds shouldn't be nerfed but be fixed if people really have an issue with the current way it's played. The class was only given one jutsu as a form of defence already placing it at a massive disadvantage aginst other masteries, so I believe that there needs to be a possible change to the class itself meaning and additional offensive jutsu of some sort before chk scalpel gets nerfed as it would seriously destroy any potential a chk med has to defend/fight for themselves.

• Like 2

You might as well delete Chak Scalpels if you are going to increase CD. 

If you want medic to lose scalpels, it will need to become a full support class with 6 jutsus.

And like Mizxry said, they will just always end up dead in a fight unless these new jutsus increase survivability by a good amount.

(Poison Scalpel should lose CC or lose insta cast)

• Like 3