Map Switch Camp Fix

Zariya

Map Switch Camp Fix  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should map switch camping be fixed?

Question

Why?
With the new wave of Kage's we are already seeing far more activity and wars. Which is great! However, almost every single fight is decided by who can map switch camp the longest.

Solution:
Since players complained about Combat Tag not map locking you in the past when it was taken away I believe we should get a 2 second force field upon entering a map. The same force field you get once you are revived.

Problem & Fix:

P:Players could attempt to spam switch between the same two maps to avoid being hit.
F:Make it so once you switch maps initially you will have a 15-20 second cool down before getting the force field again on that map.

Alternative Solution:

Originally running speed was an issue for the "lower spec" players which resulted in complaints about people being able to escape death without map lock. Now with the changes we have received the "lower spec" players have even more movement speed than those who have good equipment or set ups.(Which is stupid but not the point of this topic) the map lock in general could be removed. It honestly takes the feel of open world out of this game and the only people who actually want map lock in the game are those who never hunt solo. They simply want it there so they can hit a person once and attack them with multiple players in an unfair situation.
@Ueda@Erox

Please respond to this post with genuine criticism or useful feedback, don't just try and deny it because of the person making the post since that's just weird. Hate in another outlet. mikey.gif.7c7486f0e21680cd916737c8eea6db31.gif

• Like 9

8 answers to this question

Alternative Solution:

Originally running speed was an issue for the "lower spec" players which resulted in complaints about people being able to escape death without map lock. Now with the changes we have received the "lower spec" players have even more movement speed than those who have good equipment or set ups.(Which is stupid but not the point of this topic) the map lock in general could be removed. It honestly takes the feel of open world out of this game and the only people who actually want map lock in the game are those who never hunt solo. They simply want it there so they can hit a person once and attack them with multiple players in an unfair situation.

I believe we are at the point in time now in the game where map lock just shouldn't exist.

I for example get very frustrated while solo-hunting because of people that only move in groups, preventing me from escaping because of some magical barrier.

Before, the excuse was that certain players run too fast, and would never die if we got rid of maplock.

It's safe to say that everyone runs at about the same speed now. So what's the excuse?

• Like 1

It was added to be a delay between map swapping back and forth. Some people including myself would map switch between the same 2 maps avoiding damage/being killed and eventually find a way to escape. 

Map switching cooldown from combat timer should be removed HOWEVER, there should be something to prevent the statement above.

Either add a 1 to two second cooldown on constant map swapping between the same 2 maps or make it slow you if you do so.

it could give a message " Slow down you are trying to map switch too fast" which would prevent you from switching for ___ amount of seconds.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, Jiren said:

I believe we are at the point in time now in the game where map lock just shouldn't exist.

I for example get very frustrated while solo-hunting because of people that only move in groups, preventing me from escaping because of some magical barrier.

Before, the excuse was that certain players run too fast, and would never die if we got rid of maplock.

It's safe to say that everyone runs at about the same speed now. So what's the excuse?

You get players with higher ping that run 10x your speed almost literally and when you get to the map change you will be combat locked when you did not start to fight yet. #NinFrustrations

Honestly, it would be better if the maps simply connected to one another without a map change, however this would not be done without tremendous lag.

I think the easiest solution is adding more side maps and different elevations of entrances/exits so you have less of a chance of being ambushed on map changes and more of a chance of starting a fight on the same map.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:43 AM, Seifer said:

You get players with higher ping that run 10x your speed almost literally and when you get to the map change you will be combat locked when you did not start to fight yet. #NinFrustrations

Honestly, it would be better if the maps simply connected to one another without a map change, however this would not be done without tremendous lag.

I think the easiest solution is adding more side maps and different elevations of entrances/exits so you have less of a chance of being ambushed on map changes and more of a chance of starting a fight on the same map.

The updates that were pushed out make it so that players with low spec and high ping run faster than those with low ping and good specs. 60 FPS is the fastest running speed in game currently.