Genjutsu

Yoimiya

Question

Hi! A certain idea for an interesting diversification of the game was born in my head, which could complement the three fighting styles ninjutsu, taijutsu and at the moment completely omitted genjutsu. My suggestion is that you could introduce one skill to affect your opponent's mind, and it would work in a fairly simple way of reversing his movement keying for a while. A second skill, on the other hand, might be to disperse the genjutsu that teammate could cast on person who was already in a controlled effect to completely cancel. 

To all this, one could introduce a small effect changing the screen of the person in genjutsu to slightly red or foggy.

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Bogdan said:

beside blindness effect there's probably nothing much that can be done rn

I feel like the problem is that majority of genjutsu are non-damaging. I'm not sure how we could balance out the tree at this point. A lot of the most useful genjutsu in terms of gameplay are all locked behind the Sharingan. Some that I could think of would be:

1) False surroundings: change a small detail about the surrounding 

2) Interrogation Genjutsu: get location of their squad members temporarily? can only be used on people who are standing still(?)

3) Mist Servant: create a massive amount of clones to escape or hide your attacks

4) Bringer of Darkness: surround the player in darkness and they can only see themselves.

6) Kurenai's Genjutsu: bind the user in place and take a slash of damage

6) Temple of Nirvana: AoE Genjutsu

Also, I guess we should talk about the counter to genjutsu which is the Release technique. I think if Genjutsu was ever added that the Release technique should also be added as a jutsu slot with a req of maybe 30 to 40 chakra.

• Thanks 1

Blindness would also be a very good and interesting solution given the previous updates, but perhaps in the future it will also be possible to reverse the axis of motion. Personally, I don't know much about the technical side, so I don't know what needs to be done to make everything work well, but it's probably quite a challenge, and now I'm just sharing my thoughts and hoping that game will only get better.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what happened ten years ago, because I have only been active in the game and on the forum for a year, but I suppose that for such a long time everything has changed dramatically and you can see it at first glance. Recent updates have proved that nothing is impossible, but I realize that it is difficult to combine the fun of the game with its balance.

Daizo listed some very interesting and significant examples of genjutsu, and I just mentioned the so-called "Release technique" that would area-cancel all genjutsu effects, people with high intelligence stats may be completely immune to it, which will also significantly reduce genjutsu abuse, as not every opportunity will be suitable. Additionally, casting genjutsu may slow the user down temporarily, but this is an issue for debate.