RP missions rework/replacement

Bogdan

Question

The best way to replace the RP tokens system that I could come up with is this:

A chunin+ teams 3 genins of appropiate levels, the chunin goes to the mission desk, talks to the NPC that used to give the RP missions and gets to choose between the rank of the mission he wants to complete. (each rank having a certain level requirement so it couldnt be abused for faster leveling) After choosing the D rank option for exemple, the whole team will get shared some kind of D rank mission[exemple: Clean the kage office(perform 50 /e commands fitting the job you got) or complete a bell training]. Once the mission is done, the team will get rewarded with an amount of ryo and exp based on the mission rank. These missions could be the same as dailies which will help players that interact with each other and eventually RP to level faster. These missions delete from players questlog once the team is broken. The advantage of this new system are:

1.It will be way harder to abuse this kind of missions.

2.Pushes players to interact and RP more which also might increase game activity overall.

3.Genins would get to learn a lot of more things from the high ranks.

4.Chunin/Special jonin/Jonin rank becomes more meaningful.

I strongly believe that this kind of replacement for the RP missions will make the game way more enjoyable for everyone.

• Like 20
  • Boring 1

12 answers to this question

im just up for players interacting with each others. Most of the time you have to grind solo because grinding in team isnt worth it. Doing missions in team sounds cool. Also helping lower lvl ninja's and being reward for it sounds like the best way to make everyone play together.

I always found sad the way Rp missions doesnt reward the hosters.

• Like 3

I had a similar suggestion/idea just now but I like this better! I totally agree. I believe the RP mission system should be worked on. I like ur ideas for the missions like bell training, cleaning kage office etc. 

Actually speaking of which, it just gave me another idea. 
Like Oneshot said above, I think the RP missions should be a chain mission with an assigned host. 
It should be done like "3 genins must form a team that they would like to play with" & the team should apply for finding a chunin/jonin that would take over the team. The host will report to the kage [Team 4 - Chunin/ Ueda, Genin / Habibi, Oneshot, Bogdan].

This team will stick together till the RP chain mission is finished. It's like a mentor program but naruto style/ninja way. This will definitely solve the problem of unfriendly gameplay for beginners and would increase interactions and become more fun. The host definitely will get paid more for the RP missions completed depending on the rank. I feel like a good amount of exp. would be enough for the genins as a reward. 

The hosts can also train their genin team to apply for the CE as well! 
Chunins can also have a team with a Jonin host. But for now I think the Genin team would be more of a focus. Since there are not much Chunins, Jonins, Special Jonins. 

• Like 1

It is indeed a nice idea.
Yet I think it is more exploitable than RP Tokens. (If I got your suggestion without mistakes)

RP Tokens can only be turned in, if you got the quest itself. - Which is bad for the host, but its an one time thing.
If an above Genin ranked ninja can just walk up to a NPC to get a quest, it can be repeated infinitely, no? Also.. it is kinda like the terrible daily Missions we got as of now. It might be nice in the beginning. But it really, really feels more like super tiny side missions on the already non existant road to glory.

What would stop people from just accepting the mission, pretending to finish it, and turn it in. All over again.
Instead, it would be nice if we could use the Intelpoint System for Missions like that. As in, daily missions, rewards, grant the Village Intelpoints. With these you can receive certain tasks of the Kage or higher ranked Ninjas, which are given to Chunins for RP-Missions. 
Sure it could be abused too, but. Why would you, those tasks could be fun and bring you and the genins ahead of actual gameplay experience.

Those missions could be "patrol the area, support the lmpf, train with an anbu" or similar. 
But fixed missions just end up restricting the freedom even more, which makes me worry that the point of RP Missions could be struggling even more. Because as it was mentioned before me already. The host gains nothing out of RP Missions, for years now.

2 hours ago, Konahri said:

It is indeed a nice idea.
Yet I think it is more exploitable than RP Tokens. (If I got your suggestion without mistakes)

RP Tokens can only be turned in, if you got the quest itself. - Which is bad for the host, but its an one time thing.
If an above Genin ranked ninja can just walk up to a NPC to get a quest, it can be repeated infinitely, no? Also.. it is kinda like the terrible daily Missions we got as of now. It might be nice in the beginning. But it really, really feels more like super tiny side missions on the already non existant road to glory.

What would stop people from just accepting the mission, pretending to finish it, and turn it in. All over again.
Instead, it would be nice if we could use the Intelpoint System for Missions like that. As in, daily missions, rewards, grant the Village Intelpoints. With these you can receive certain tasks of the Kage or higher ranked Ninjas, which are given to Chunins for RP-Missions. 
Sure it could be abused too, but. Why would you, those tasks could be fun and bring you and the genins ahead of actual gameplay experience.

Those missions could be "patrol the area, support the lmpf, train with an anbu" or similar. 
But fixed missions just end up restricting the freedom even more, which makes me worry that the point of RP Missions could be struggling even more. Because as it was mentioned before me already. The host gains nothing out of RP Missions, for years now.

They cant be abused because u need a team in order to get them. You must be reading carefully the almighty forum posts from your father, also future Hokage.

I like Konahri's idea about intelpoints like village specific points. I'm assuming the points that we sometimes get when we do certain missions? That contribute to the village, saying it's for the village economy and so and so forth. What are these exactly? If I'm not wrong it doesn't really have a use, right? I think a well structured system utilizing that would be interesting. For example, a village with high economy contribution would have better missions with better pay. I don't know honestly for now. I can't think of it right off the bat, but I do think utilizing that system and making it to use would be very interesting! I don't want to specifically tie it to a buff because I feel like we already have a lot of buffs and it will get too complicated. 

I think those RP missions should be RP missions that are done for fun/optional on the side (do not necessarily need a host). While keeping the current RP mission structure for the chain missions like the official RP1,2,3,4, but better structure, specific missions, paying Chunin/Jonins without breaking the RP. Because I feel like the current RP missions are unorganized and poorly structured. It's overall well set like the idea of RP1,2,3,4 and using tokens needing a host and a team. However, it's badly established? I feel like giving players freedom is good to an extent but in order to unlock the full potential of the gameplay the devs should give a better setting for a player to indulge into the gameplay and RP. When too much freedom is given with no outline/proper structure,  it becomes dull easily and unmotivating. Instead of giving the player an RP mission saying, "Ok do the RP mission with a ranked ninja and hand in the token for more exp", it should be like, "You are a Genin who just passed the academy exams. In order to do missions as a Genin, you must find a team and a sensei. Comeback when a team is formed!" & after that given a special RP chain mission for that team. This would be way more exciting to the players because it's easier to imagine and indulge into the scenario. It also brings nostalgia because most of the players play this game because of the anime Naruto. RP doesn't always have to be this forced conversation or act, it should be more like a natural exciting experience, where you feel like you are a part of the game's universe as your character. Like you are joining the Chunin Exams just like you watched in the animes and you get to fight on your own and make your own decisions with your character. It's cringy because it's forced and done out of the blue without any outline/storyline.  I wouldn't say I'm a good RPer myself, but following a story and making up a story on the spot is totally different. 

Basically, what I am suggesting is that RP questlines should be a storyline related to specific events in the anime or made up, etc. It should be special and unique. If a host is required, the host should be paid. For example, find a team and host will unlock the RP questline. You will be given specific missions that are given with a scenario. This should be the storyline quest because the normal daily missions are just repetitive "daily" missions for exp. The questline should be the official Nin online story. If this makes sense!