Village ranks

Ainz Ooal Gown

Question

I've always felt becoming a Chuunin and Jonin was under-whelming. Nothing came with those ranks except a piece of clothing and the rank name itself. My suggestion today is to give more meaning to becoming a ranked ninja for your village.

Blood and Chakra pills Tier 2/3- With the addition of tiers to pills, I suggest locking them to higher ranked ninja. It makes sense RP wise, for example the effects of these pills are too strong for a mere genin to use. Only a Chuunin ranked ninja who's faced adversary can handle it. So these should be locked to Chuunin ninjas.

Blood and Chakra pills Tier 4 - You must be a Jonin to use these.

Charms - I feel like charms are great for the game but really underrated / forgotten. When ninjas do know about them they often get a charm that doesn't work with their build / masteries. My suggestion is that once a ninja becomes a Chuunin (or Jonin) they can travel to the charm NPC and ask for their palm to be read again in an attempt to change their charm for a ryo amount (I suggest 1000 ryo) and they should be able to change it as many times as they want.

Discounted items in the village - As a Jonin of the village, you build a rapport with the NPC's you've been serving throughout your ninja journey and they are extremely grateful for being protected by you so they want to show you their appreciation and give you a discount on what they are selling. 
- Option to buy 100 tools for 150 ryo 
- Option to buy 100 pills for 20% discount. Example, 100 tier 1 pills costs 2500 ryo, as a jonin you can buy them for 2000 ryo.
- Option to buy clothes in the respected village for 20% discount. Example, Mist Pimp jacket is 40,000 ryo, as a jonin you pay 32,000 ryo.

Unlock Spawn Points - This is a Jonin req benefit. Being able to spawn at a different area would be an awesome benefit to have because of your hard work of becoming a jonin ranked ninja. 
Mist Jonins - Unlock Spawn point at Tatori Village
Leaf Jonins - Unlock Spawn point at Tanzaku
Sand Jonins - Unlock Spawn point at Blood Puppet NPC

These are just some that I have on my mind and I'm sure if @Ueda approves then as a community we can think of more. I hope you enjoyed reading these and I can count on your support! 

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown
  • Like 19

18 answers to this question

Id say i agree with almost everything but with some changes, 1-2 for everyone, cause i dont think it would be fair the genins have  25 heals/25 chak per tick thinking that theres like 2 ce each 3 months and only 2-3 promos each village, and the unlock spawn point should be more looked at, for mist it benefits alot spawn in asoki, - 15minutes, sand and leaf barely benefits going back but probably avoiding hosp camp or in case of leaf attacking a camped WZ/tanz

I had made suggestions a couple of months ago to introduce villages exclusive jutsu for those who were promote to chunin and Jonin. It was something like this

Mist Chunin unlocks Hidden Mist Jutsu which covers the area with mist in 15x15 area camouflaging all Mist Villager within area.

Mist Jonin Unlocks the Hidden Blood Mist Jutsu which covers the area with a blood tinted mist in 15x15 area draining all non mist allies charka.

Sand Chunin unlock sandstorm jutsu making all sand allies untargetable from homing attacks for a couple of seconds.

Sand Jonin unlocks a new puppet master summoning.

leaf Chunin and Jonin unlock the heavenly feather genjutsu or something.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SaphV2 said:

I had made suggestions a couple of months ago to introduce villages exclusive jutsu for those who were promote to chunin and Jonin. It was something like this

Mist Chunin unlocks Hidden Mist Jutsu which covers the area with mist in 15x15 area camouflaging all Mist Villager within area.

Mist Jonin Unlocks the Hidden Blood Mist Jutsu which covers the area with a blood tinted mist in 15x15 area draining all non mist allies charka.

Sand Chunin unlock sandstorm jutsu making all sand allies untargetable from homing attacks for a couple of seconds.

lmfao man really said fck leaf idk xD

• Funny 1

14 minutes ago, SaphV2 said:

With suggestions like these it isn't a priority for Rory as there's more important things + he would have to create and add these things. But with my suggestion, everything is already in the game so it wouldn't be complicated to add at all. But I would love to see these in the future

• Like 1

All the ideas here are interesting and add RP and realism to the game but I see only one downside in all of this, and that is the charms. I think that by passing a rank you could have your astrological sign read again, but not indefinitely. In the RP, we can say that it is part of the traits of our character and therefore rerolling too many times will break this RP

30 minutes ago, Fujima said:

All the ideas here are interesting and add RP and realism to the game but I see only one downside in all of this, and that is the charms. I think that by passing a rank you could have your astrological sign read again, but not indefinitely. In the RP, we can say that it is part of the traits of our character and therefore rerolling too many times will break this RP

true, then maybe every time u rank up you get 1 reset. 

Agreed. Naruto-inspired game aside, MMOs are all about character progression and Nin has a limited set of ways to diversify/progress your character. Getting a rank is one of the few goals you can shoot for and it's largely just added responsibility once you get it. 

Things like charms, discounts, spawn points, ranked Ninja chat, etc. are easy ways to give the rank more value. Other games double down on PvP advantage for ranked ninjas but Nin would have to have much more frequent promotions for that to be viable here. 

In general, Nin could benefit a lot from an expansion of almost every village mechanic. But that's a topic for another post and shouldn't come before new jutsu/quest lines anyway. 

Im against any pvp and ryo advantage. 

Im already highly against player buffs because they are used by players who dont give a damn demi pesos about RP. Those are stricly pvp players and they actually kill the game. More buff just make it even more unfair and unfunnier.

As for the ryo part, a discount on stuff would just create an unbalance into the in game economy. Chunins and jonin would buy things at a lower price then sell it to the genins to a higher price. Ex : I buy a jacket that cost 30k with a discount of 20% which make it to 24k only. I then can sell it to a genin for 25-26k and make profite from it while the genin still has a discount on the item.

For the charm reroll, I dont like it but i dont have any argument against it. Any buff based idea's are just unwelcome to me lol. The reason why I liked it is because they were random. (some are clearly weaker than others and that needs a look)

The chunin and jonin ranks are RP roles distribued by the community itself.  

I dont see why anyone should benefit from them in a pvp way. What i want to see is ranks becoming more revelent in-game. @Bogdan made good suggestions in a previous topic with ranked ninjas and a teams of genin. This would make jonins more impactfull while keeping the RP purpose it has.

The biggest problem with those ranks is that they are entirely RP based and the game doesnt encourage you to RP at all. RP mission exist but they dont reward the chunin/jonin so I personally dont see why I would do it. 

For my personal experience, being a Jonin in leaf doesnt mean anything. You have no words over genins because the ranking system is 100% ignored by the player base. A jonin can get jailed by a genin who works into the police corp. In the end its all about the way WE players use the RP side of the game. Sadly its ignored.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Indra said:

/snip

This kind of argument is a non-starter. Maintaining strict RP guidelines requires constant moderation, locked accounts and vetting for entry. If the staff is unable or unwilling to do this, saying things are meant to be RP driven is useless; players will not do it. Nin staff don't have the time or willingness to enforce RP 24/7, so there is no use in saying these things should be player driven. You're better off making systems that work independently of player sentiment.

I'm a Chuunin in Sand, this means nothing except I can jail, because Genins don't care and I cannot force them to RP. Functionally, this means getting a rank is an empty exercise and saying just RP more will not fix that issue.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I've always felt becoming a Chuunin and Jonin was under-whelming. Nothing came with those ranks except a piece of clothing and the rank name itself. My suggestion today is to give more meaning to becoming a ranked ninja for your village.

Blood and Chakra pills Tier 2/3- With the addition of tiers to pills, I suggest locking them to higher ranked ninja. It makes sense RP wise, for example the effects of these pills are too strong for a mere genin to use. Only a Chuunin ranked ninja who's faced adversary can handle it. So these should be locked to Chuunin ninjas.

Blood and Chakra pills Tier 4 - You must be a Jonin to use these.

Charms - I feel like charms are great for the game but really underrated / forgotten. When ninjas do know about them they often get a charm that doesn't work with their build / masteries. My suggestion is that once a ninja becomes a Chuunin (or Jonin) they can travel to the charm NPC and ask for their palm to be read again in an attempt to change their charm for a ryo amount (I suggest 1000 ryo) and they should be able to change it as many times as they want.

Discounted items in the village - As a Jonin of the village, you build a rapport with the NPC's you've been serving throughout your ninja journey and they are extremely grateful for being protected by you so they want to show you their appreciation and give you a discount on what they are selling. 
- Option to buy 100 tools for 150 ryo 
- Option to buy 100 pills for 20% discount. Example, 100 tier 1 pills costs 2500 ryo, as a jonin you can buy them for 2000 ryo.
- Option to buy clothes in the respected village for 20% discount. Example, Mist Pimp jacket is 40,000 ryo, as a jonin you pay 32,000 ryo.

Unlock Spawn Points - This is a Jonin req benefit. Being able to spawn at a different area would be an awesome benefit to have because of your hard work of becoming a jonin ranked ninja. 
Mist Jonins - Unlock Spawn point at Asoki 
Leaf Jonins - Unlock Spawn point at Tanzaku
Sand Jonins - Unlock Spawn point at Blood Puppet NPC

These are just some that I have on my mind and I'm sure if @Ueda approves then as a community we can think of more. I hope you enjoyed reading these and I can count on your support! 

flap OUT OF MY VILLAGE .spawn in the village right of the mist port.

I don't know how to reply to a previous comment above but I agree with Fujima. About the RP aspect for charms. 
I think it would be better if a player gets another charm by lvl 50 when they get their 2nd mastery since it is called horoscope. 
Like the Sun and Moon sign. It's a part of the character trait. When a player hits lvl 50 they can unlock another charm, which is their moon sign.
Now the players have an option to switch back and forth with the charm and has 2 options now. I don't think overlapping would be a good idea so when they use one charm the other charm would be on CD to avoid any overlapping.

I do agree that the ranked ninjas should have a certain benefit to keep them active and unique. It came to my notice that Mist ranked ninjas were charging players for RP missions. I think it should be better if an official system would be implemented related to this. Instead of players paying for it. Since that doesn't make any sense RP wise. A genin paying a sensei? Paying to do a mission? No matter how big or small the amount is I just don't think that is appropriate or healthy for the long run. It would be nice if the devs can include a system where both genins and ranked ninjas have to pull the RP mission. For example, when a genin asks for an RP1 mission the host will go to the RP NPC by the desk and pull an RP1 mission & receive the tokens. The host will receive a specific mission with a scenario or prompt (since I noticed the lack of creativity between some players and I understand the missions can get repetitive and boring so this will maybe help a little?). After finishing the mission, the host will hand the genins the token. The genins hand in the specific token and when the host hands in the mission as well the host will get paid with a specific amount of ryo fitting the mission rank. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:51 AM, Imhotep said:

This kind of argument is a non-starter. Maintaining strict RP guidelines requires constant moderation, locked accounts and vetting for entry. If the staff is unable or unwilling to do this, saying things are meant to be RP driven is useless; players will not do it. Nin staff don't have the time or willingness to enforce RP 24/7, so there is no use in saying these things should be player driven. You're better off making systems that work independently of player sentiment.

I'm a Chuunin in Sand, this means nothing except I can jail, because Genins don't care and I cannot force them to RP. Functionally, this means getting a rank is an empty exercise and saying just RP more will not fix that issue.

This is untrue. If a player refuses to actually roleplay and plays the game in a fashion it's not meant to be played, the staff don't have to "enforce" anything. The players can just ignore them, inevitably they'll either quit on their own or actually start roleplaying if that is the center of the game. And if staff don't have the time or willingness to "enforce" (strong word) rp, then the staff can recruit specific staff to handle roleplay instances. You're making it seem as if it's a much more grand conversation than it is. It's a matter of do, or don't.

Edited by Hanabora
Gramatical error.