Bubble

Bubbly

Question

After playing this mastery for a while I've come to a conclusion that it has one big flaw that is setting it back as a mastery.
The biggest issue I see with it is that for a mastery that does most of it's damage with melees, it's melee damage is insanely low.
After all the changes it got the kit is in a really solid place but it's melee just does too low damage and it's what you use the most in combos and fights.

I think that the mastery should get at least one more pipe in the 50+ level range that has better damage and that the lvl 35 Seathorn Pipe needs slight number tweaks.

Seathorn Pipe (current stats) - 11 base damage, Poison II (6 dmg for 4 ticks) = 35 damage after DoT ticks

The issue I see with this is that the base damage of the pipe has not improved at all from it's lvl 10 pipe. The DoT it has does nice damage but it takes time for DoT to tick so for Bubble which relies on doing combos it doesn't really help much cause the base damage is the same.

How it could be improved:

1) 27 base damage, Snake Poison (2 dmg for 4 ticks) = 35 damage after DoT ticks
2) 19 base damage, Poison I (4 dmg for 4 ticks) = 35 damage after DoT ticks

Basically the DoT of the pipe should be weaker in damage but the base damage of the pipe should go up. The total damage the pipe does stays the same.

• Like 6

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Raven said:

Yeah, I agree. As long as an end-game pipe doesn't trivialize the other pipes it sounds like a good idea to me. My idea is that it should do something unique though. 

Instead of a flat damage boost, perhaps a short range projectile bubble? Make ot do something unique instead of a damage update

Well I thought the next pipe could be slower but make a 3x3 bubble on the ground. Instead of 2 sec attack speed like current pipes it would have 4 sec attack speed.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:05 PM, Seifer said:

Yeah, let's buff instant WP some more. When it's Leaf vs majority of players buffed to the teeth, we need it more of a challenge.

Not like pure CC class shouldn't do just as much damage as int users.

New York Jets Sport GIF by Bleacher Report

Can't really compare WP to Pipe melee. One is a 9 tile homing, other is a 1 tile range trap. The only thing they got in common is that they snare.

Even if you change the damage like I suggested, it still wouldn't do as much damage as INT users.

Its been many times that I see the mastery in action and every times i felt like it was an amazing mastery. Stop trying to get it buffed when you dominate people with it.

Yes your attacks have a low damage, but that doesnt mean its bad. Look at tai.

Bubble is the mastery with the most reliable cc's of the game. They also have the most reliable melee of the game. Everything is around the crowd control it has and it seems that you are never talking about it.

It really looks like you want the bread and butter at once.

PS nerf bubble clone damage to the ground or make him 1 HP.

8 hours ago, Bubbly said:

Can't really compare WP to Pipe melee. One is a 9 tile homing, other is a 1 tile range trap. The only thing they got in common is that they snare.

Even if you change the damage like I suggested, it still wouldn't do as much damage as INT users.

It's WP on basic. No standing still. No CD. No chakra cost. Can flicker use it. Lasts on tile afterwards. And the 2nd one gives DoT.