pvp focus

Enver

Its been dead since 2019 because the game was pvp focused since 2019. 

When we all joined Nin Online, we all joined a Roleplaying game about building your ninja life with a community driven system. Either you like it or not, this is what this game is about.

I fairly understand why everyone is more attracted by the pvp aspect of the game. If I give you a cupcake and then slap your face, youre only gonna remember that I slapped you. It is similar here. We joined nin because we loved naruto and its universe. But we only watched it because it is a story based around epic fights. We want our characters to be strong and we all want to prove ourselves as strong figures not to mess with. Basically were driven by our need to shine IRL. We want to feel acknoleged and respected.

The problem with roleplaying here is that it is not rewarding to do so. Doing RP missions only pays the genins who recieve the mission. For my part, I grew tired of trying to host different good RP missions wasting my time on doing scenarios. Even tho I was enjoying myself, I felt like others just wanted the xp while I wouldnt get any rewards.

Im pretty sure now that Nin Online has only rewarded the pvp side of the game for so long that there are no coming back from it. Its in a set pattern none can imagine differently. Before, when enemies met, there could be dialogs before the fight starts. It truly was epic. But PVP players where the ones to put the most effort in the game and were rewarded for it while RPers suffered from PVPers and didnt gain shit from doing RP.

If player buffs were given to RP players who werent mentaly broken by the need to prove a lvl 15 who's the strongest, the game would be way more healthier than right now.

But its given to the players who like to hunt days and nights like yamikami. They log for hours waiting in the chakra forest for that poor lvl 28 to pass by.

(And he's rewarded for it)

I dont wish to keep doing paragraphs and paragraphs none might read so ill just mention some things that killed the RP and player interaction side of the game.

1 - The lack of game masters whilling to RP. (They only do PVP events because its just easier)
2 - group XP split. (forces everyone to play alone)
3 - players buff. (  it just proves that if you only pvp, you will be rewarded by becoming a demi god)

• Like 8

Honestly I have hosted so many RP events and it is hard to come up with new things. There is too much time being spent making items for 0.000000000000001% of the game that uses the item to trash talk. It would be cooler to make more items at the shops usable for all and actually affordable, not for 40k. Also RP items like fireworks, ale, sparklers, poppers, windmill, roses, tulips, fish, hammer, etc. Stuff to make our own events.

The auto events for GMs have improved mechanic wise (besides the bugs). Choosing random people for teams and auto coupon giving is great. GMs however only use these and don't like to make their own ideas for events, they just host other peoples. AND when we have a RP event, people like Mist comes to kill everyone who is lined up at the GMs request. Antar would say, "I am a GM I cannot interfere.", but is hosting the event and should really give protection.... Meanwhile you got Erox picking builds and raiding with Akat..?

Rory killed off personalized clans to make official clans that he can have more say over, but there is no mechnics to support a heirarchy or missions for RP events. You need ingame mechanics for official clans because not everyone even knows each other exists before coming into a clan LIKE unofficial clans. And when a heirarchy does exist there should be a good unriggable way to change roles.

PvP does need more content because it is mostly dead hours until zerg fights, however DON'T KILL OFF MY RP. >:I

*Like if you agree*

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Persona Kurama said:

Honestly I have hosted so many RP events and it is hard to come up with new things. There is too much time being spent making items for 0.000000000000001% of the game that uses the item to trash talk. It would be cooler to make more items at the shops usable for all and actually affordable, not for 40k. Also RP items like fireworks, ale, sparklers, poppers, windmill, roses, tulips, fish, hammer, etc. Stuff to make our own events.

The auto events for GMs have improved mechanic wise (besides the bugs). Choosing random people for teams and auto coupon giving is great. GMs however only use these and don't like to make their own ideas for events, they just host other peoples. AND when we have a RP event, people like Mist comes to kill everyone who is lined up at the GMs request. Antar would say, "I am a GM I cannot interfere.", but is hosting the event and should really give protection.... Meanwhile you got Erox picking builds and raiding with Akat..?

Rory killed off personalized clans to make official clans that he can have more say over, but there is no mechnics to support a heirarchy or missions for RP events. You need ingame mechanics for official clans because not everyone even knows each other exists before coming into a clan LIKE unofficial clans. And when a heirarchy does exist there should be a good unriggable way to change roles.

PvP does need more content because it is mostly dead hours until zerg fights, however DON'T KILL OFF MY RP. >:I

*Like if you agree*

He's not wrong but (here before warning points)

17 minutes ago, Persona Kurama said:

*Like if you agree*

Also since Erox friends was hyping him up and saying he's allowed to raid best every village get a gm to raid with them when ever they are short on numbers/ certain masteries don't have any team fight masteries dw the local gm can help you 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Indra said:

The lack of game masters whilling to RP. (They only do PVP events because its just easier)

I agree PVP events are really easy to do compared to RP events. 

RP events might take hours of effort for just one event. When I did the event with @R a y l e i g h He wrote all the story which took him a long time for making it enjoyable.

I did some RP events on my own as well in the past like the RP event in Which I acted as the head of the 12 guardian temple and celebrated the 100-year anniversary of the temple with 25+ players it went pretty well but most of the time whenever I try hosting an RP event I just get a lot of backlash for doing these kinds of events by the player base. 

I suck at doing RP but if anyone wants to approach me or any other GM with a great story I can try hosting it just like how I did with rayleigh.

10 hours ago, Persona Kurama said:

Antar would say, "I am a GM I cannot interfere.", but is hosting the event and should really give protection.... Meanwhile you got Erox picking builds and raiding with Akat..?

The RP event was organized with the help of @R a y l e i g h one of the best RP players in the game. When he was a GM he did this event for all four villages and raiding was allowed. The GM didn't take part in the fight so we kept it the same for this RP event. Also, the leaf has also attacked other village RP events In the past.

But If players who like doing RP events want some kind of protection from Raid I can add it in the next RP event I do.

• Like 2