How to fix danger zones

Ainz Ooal Gown

Question

Alright ninjas, I'm here today to suggest something that I believe will fix a couple of things in Nin, particularly the open world danger zone scene.

Right now there are 2 issues with hunting in Nin:

• Mapswitch Camping
  • Armies running around

My suggestion to fix BOTH these issues with one stone is to change every single map in the game into a war zone except for the Village map AND the new lowbie maps that Erox created a while back. 

Changing these maps will force people to only hunt in a maximum group of 4 as any more will hinder them, this will inevitably change the Mapswitch camping and army meta and diminish it. Ninjas will have fun fighting small skirmishes across the Nin Online world.

This also heavily suits RP, during the majority of Naruto it was always groups of 4 hunting and ONLY during war will a village mobilise it's army to fight. 

In turn this will also make the War Event something to look forward to and viable as the main forces will want to fight big upscale battles for glory and prizes since they wouldn't be able to do it on a normal hunting day.

Some issues that people might have is "how about the safe zones that are made for lowbies". Well to answer this, right now those same lowbies still die in safe zone, so it's not really saving them from anything and with the addition of lowbie maps behind the Village maps, lowbies have never been more safe to farm and level up. 

I personally believe this change will fix the problem we're having in the danger zones, @Ueda I implore you to initiate this on a test run.  For 1 month implement these changes and if there's a backlash or negative impact then simply change it back.

Thanks for reading

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

14 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Alright ninjas, I'm here today to suggest something that I believe will fix a couple of things in Nin, particularly the open world danger zone scene.

• Mapswitch Camping
  • Armies running around

My suggestion to fix BOTH these issues with one stone is to change every single map in the game into a war zone except for the Village map AND the new lowbie maps that Erox created a while back. 

Changing these maps will force people to only hunt in a maximum group of 4 as any more will hinder them, this will inevitably change the Mapswitch camping and army meta and diminish it. Ninjas will have fun fighting small skirmishes across the Nin Online world.

This also heavily suits RP, during the majority of Naruto it was always groups of 4 hunting and ONLY during war will a village mobilise it's army to fight. 

In turn this will also make the War Event something to look forward to and viable as the main forces will want to fight big upscale battles for glory and prizes since they wouldn't be able to do it on a normal hunting day.

Some issues that people might have is "how about the safe zones that are made for lowbies". Well to answer this, right now those same lowbies still die in safe zone, so it's not really saving them from anything and with the addition of lowbie maps behind the Village maps, lowbies have never been more safe to farm and level up. 

I personally believe this change will fix the problem we're having in the danger zones, @Ueda I implore you to initiate this on a test run.  For 1 month implement these changes and if there's a backlash or negative impact then simply change it back.

Thanks for reading

The issue is numbers/org buffs/and broken masteries and not safe zone  nobody will go in dz if  ppl hunt right outside village(if 5 misties are in vilalge they wont risking dying if they know  there dz gd has +10 enemies same for sand or leaf or rogues).We need to nerf all aoe abilites and focus on busting the survivability of the single player like adding stuff like stun/kockback/snare immunity(this being the key factor) .Making existing sz into  dz is nothing short of more free kills for ppl who kill lowbies , the reason they are sz is so you dont really get anything of value killing those ppl .The only was to fix number is to have a map number limiter  (that wont work in nin  however).We need nerfs to all aoes  that are ez to land  since most ppl play wind/fan/earth for there ez and free aoe damage.IF the dz is to be active again player must change  the game stop going out in +5 groups .We also need 7ssm and akatsuki orgs buff nerf hardcore(and for the ppl making the arguement how akatsuki need the buff to kill  village with double the numbers i ask who besides leaf has those numbers and arent the best players akatsuki they handle such odds with ez).This issue is mostly player related and there fault currently  all of akatsuki or ta or leaf are 70% earth or wind/fan for a reason they go out in 10 or 9 ppl groups for a reason  the game only made it worst by adding buff  but the fault is on the players mostly.

12 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

Support,

But people will say it's anti new player.

it is and doesnt help ppl.

• Like 1

You proved his point, ofc 5 misties will not leave if 10+ enemy are outside. The issue is not the AOE because if people weren't hunting in groups of 10+ people the AOE would not be as big as an issue because you could more easily dodge or escape it without then getting hit by thr same jutsu from 3 other people with no way of escaping because you wasted all your jutsu while they have 9 people who can spam the AOE

24 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

• Mapswitch Camping
  • Armies running around

Thanks for reading

well, trying to think whitout limits it could be a good idea, but idk if it gonna make sense things like Anbu 12G 7sm PB Med corp etc not working together for a raid, and if they had no FF it would be the same as now, or a bit, since in the orgs there are the most active players, tho would give a incetive for peope to go ORGS, we do can give it a 1 month run, but should check some things like org,elementals and shi, example 12g is supossed to defend the leaf territory together, and there would need to be a rework for masterys since elemental wouldnt be that good outside and everyone would need to reset to WM light or something for full potential

it def would eliminate mapswitch and zergs, but looks like a not very worked idea yet

In my opinion, the post should be more developed before doing any type of changes 

21 minutes ago, Electric said:

You proved his point, ofc 5 misties will not leave if 10+ enemy are outside. The issue is not the AOE because if people weren't hunting in groups of 10+ people the AOE would not be as big as an issue because you could more easily dodge or escape it without then getting hit by thr same jutsu from 3 other people with no way of escaping because you wasted all your jutsu while they have 9 people who can spam the AOE

then nerf the aoe not the map  this oill only change metas.

Yes,
This game need more war zone's, that what i say a long time ago. 
That will force players to create a real TEAM with their own GOALS in battle field. 
In this case the group of 8 training together players can be more effective than group of 18 randomly players.

/edit
Also that will force Kage's/Villages to create tactics and learn people what is their role at battle field, i think that give a little more immersion for players and Role Playing.
At the moment players just spam their AoE and have hope they hit anything, with war zones instead danger zones we will probably see villages have a requried for villages hunt like same uniform's for make them easily to notification did he is enemy or mate -> thats another Role Playing aspect.

Have a good day

• Like 2

Keep the current safe zones, safe . Even after adding in Extra SZs. 

I strongly agree that making every other map a WZ would work really well though. That would make big battles much more strategic/tactical, and wars more interesting. This is a great idea that needs a few tweaks.