Youthful Spring

Taijutsu

Question

Currently Tai elemental hybrids are the least played mastery combination in the game. There is nothing that really makes it more attractive than WM elemental hybrids since those have better damage and are generally stronger. 

I thought of a way that could maybe make people play Tai hybrids more and Tai in general. 

Currently Youthful Spring is only useful for high agility Taijutsu, you are silenced and can't cast jutsu so the only thing you can do is melee people which makes it bad for Tai hybrids. After the recent change to the movement speed of Youthful Spring it has even become not that great for high agility as well since it's become harder to run out of snares and you are kinda easy to catch. 

I think that Youthful Spring shouldn't silence during it's duration, instead it should either silence for 15 seconds after the buff ends or it should slow the user to walk speed for 15 seconds after it ends. This way it is still high risk/high reward jutsu but it makes it much better to use while it lasts and much more punishing when it ends. It would allow for interesting combinations like Tai Lightning having running speed Cutter or combinations like Tai fire being able to run around you and hit you with projectiles more easily. When the buff ends you would be very vulnerable tho since u would be slowed or silenced which is kinda like how it was in the anime. 

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

I think this is a pretty good idea. The vulnerability could be tweaked a bit(15+ seconds of silence seems excessive, maybe 6-8 seconds). Or maybe take away the melee buff while using this jutsu and just keep the movement speed buff. Other than that I think this would be a really good change to the jutsu and grant more versatility to taijutsu hybrid aswell as making taijutsu in general look faster like in the anime. Using jutsu like breaking kick and whirlwind with it would make it look much better with the speed boost.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Taijutsu said:

Currently Tai elemental hybrids are the least played mastery combination in the game. There is nothing that really makes it more attractive than WM elemental hybrids since those have better damage and are generally stronger. 

I thought of a way that could maybe make people play Tai hybrids more and Tai in general. 

Currently Youthful Spring is only useful for high agility Taijutsu, you are silenced and can't cast jutsu so the only thing you can do is melee people which makes it bad for Tai hybrids. After the recent change to the movement speed of Youthful Spring it has even become not that great for high agility as well since it's become harder to run out of snares and you are kinda easy to catch. 

I think that Youthful Spring shouldn't silence during it's duration, instead it should either silence for 15 seconds after the buff ends or it would slow the user to walk speed for 15 seconds after it ends. This way it is still high risk/high reward jutsu but it makes it much better to use while it lasts and much more punishing when it ends. It would allow for interesting combinations like Tai Lightning having running speed Cutter or combinations like Tai fire being able to run around you and hit you with projectiles more easily. When the buff ends you would be very vulnerable tho since u would be slowed or silenced which is kinda like how it was in the anime. 

This is actually a good idea, good job