Nerf Earth

Yamikami

Question

Currently Earth mastery is just too good at too many things. It's the best teamfight mastery while also being among the strongest 1v1 elements. It has a short CD single target homing, high base damage jutsu, the strongest snare jutsu in the game and a wall that counters a lot of combos.

Earth Pillar - increase the CD to 19-20 seconds. I don't see why Earth which is known for being a slow mastery has the shortest cooldown homing in the game.

Earth Prison - reduce the snare time to 2-2.5 seconds. The current duration of 4.5 seconds is simply too long when you take into account how many targets this jutsu can hit. Water Prison which hits only 1 enemy snares for 3.5 seconds so I don't see why Earth Prison snares for so long when it can hit 60+ enemies.

Earth Spikes - give the jutsu 1-1.5 sec selfstun or make it a 1 second run cast. It's a triple tile piercing projectile that can multihit and hit for up to 20 tiles range. Every other piercing projectile in the game has a cast time and has nowhere near the range of this jutsu which is instant cast and deals 44 base damage.

Another thing that could get looked at are the base damages of Earth jutsu which feel a bit too high compared to other masteries, considering the AoE and CC that Earth has. 

• Like 3

Horrible.

The game's balance been mass nerfing n earth which was considered " balanced " is now strong because everything has been nerfed to the ground.
other masteries should get buffed instead.

that being said if the mastery needs nerfs anyways here's what id suggest.

Pillar has low CD because it's the lowest scaling elemental homing if anything the dmg should be lowered since spikes does so much dmg alrdy

Ep def needs a player targets cap 

Spikes can't b a runcast then  earth would have no instant casts dmg

earth wall shouldn't cancel that made it a bit overturned

and mud river slow can b lowered 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Yamikami said:

Currently Earth mastery is just too good at too many things. It's the best teamfight mastery while also being among the strongest 1v1 elements. It has a short CD single target homing, high base damage jutsu, the strongest snare jutsu in the game and a wall that counters a lot of combos.

Earth Pillar - increase the CD to 19-20 seconds. I don't see why Earth which is known for being a slow mastery has the shortest cooldown homing in the game.

Earth Prison - reduce the snare time to 2-2.5 seconds. The current duration of 4.5 seconds is simply too long when you take into account how many targets this jutsu can hit. Water Prison which hits only 1 enemy snares for 3.5 seconds so I don't see why Earth Prison snares for so long when it can hit 60+ enemies.

Earth Spikes - give the jutsu 1-1.5 sec selfstun or make it a 1 second run cast. It's a triple tile piercing projectile that can multihit and hit for up to 20 tiles range. Every other piercing projectile in the game has a cast time and has nowhere near the range of this jutsu which is instant cast and deals 44 base damage.

Another thing that could get looked at are the base damages of Earth jutsu which feel a bit too high compared to other masteries, considering the AoE and CC that Earth has. 

First off the homing is a fire nerf since it's actually broken however the reason ep is a long snare is because of the time to cast it(let's be real if u get hit with a ep that's you fault) spikes doesn't even need a nerf but if there was to be one a range nerf would be acceptable. After reading @Enkidupost then no earth nerf finna happen so waste of a post ig

Edited by LionGod

I find Earth to be pretty balanced rn ngl.

You can't land EP in a 1v1. It's good to counter zerg's with it's great effects, however it has a long charge time giving everyone there plenty of time to cancel it.

Pillar is a homing so everyone will hate it. However, if you are going to nerf it to uselessness you might as well just have a jutsu change.

Spikes is easily it's best move with instant cast, long range, splash damage. But, it isn't that broken when you think of the whole kit.

4 hours ago, Yamikami said:

we need to nerf:

mud rivers  3 tile hit ratio it to busted.

ep: make it snare for 1 sec.

wall: make it not interupt. 
the rest of the jutsu are fine but it those jutus that make it a pain in a fight.

4 hours ago, Enkidu said:

Rory has already said he wants to bring things to earths level rather than bring earth down.

so instead of changing 1 he will change all  others tf is this kind of logic.

On 2/5/2022 at 8:18 PM, Enkidu said:

Rory has already said he wants to bring things to earths level rather than bring earth down.

I agree with this thinking. Earth doesn't feel overwhelming, it's just very good. Other masteries should be as well formulated as Earth. 

If there's anything to be nerfed it would be Earth Prison duration as Yami suggests, and Earth spikes only hitting once. Earth really doesn't need to be doing 300 damage per jutsu on a mastery with so many other benefits.

Mud river is free cancel + slow effect = free combo  >  just remove slow effect  !

Earth wall can Instant cancel and block all   >  add 1 sec cast  its literally god tiers jutsu.

Earth spike can hit +100damage x3 with only 90 int  and continue to hit ennemy in the range  >  same hit range effect + same damage but remove possibility to 3 hit  and make just 1 hit like drilling air bullet.

Skilled mastery, learn it perfectly you’ll do good.

Not all the players really know how to use Earth correctly, unless it’s Eath Pillar that you don’t really need “skills” for that.

I don’t agree with all those nerfs, but only Earth Pillar would sound ok to nerf since it’s low cd and homing.

Earth Prison is in my opinion balanced, the chance to get stun or the enemy move you while casting it in team fight is so high. 
In 1v1 it’s even harder to hit, don’t forget it’s 2 sec cast time, players who play this game will notice an Earth user trying to use prison jutsu and immediately try to stop him/run.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:25 PM, Leech said:

Earth Spikes hitting up to 3 times per target is like the old drilling but without having to use turn keys

Its not, if you notice enough fast you can stop move and get only 1 hit instead 2/3 (other things its animation a little lagged?).

8 hours ago, Dohko said:

Mud river is free cancel + slow effect = free combo  >  just remove slow effect  !

Free cancel? you still have use Chakra for this jutsu also you can miss, i wouldn't remove slow effect from Mud river but decrease a base damage in to low amount because this is very good AoE CC and let it be how it is. 

8 hours ago, Dohko said:

Earth wall can Instant cancel and block all   >  add 1 sec cast  its literally god tiers jutsu.

Earth wall dont blocking "ALL", there like almost half of jutsus in game can pierce a earth wall... 
But earth wall used as interput for enemies cast's is a little annoying, i would just add a little longer selfstun
-in this case this jutsu will be still good in defence way but a little weaker in interputs cast's 

how are u talking about homing and spikes wdf
what should be nerfed is these earth wall and earth prison the rest of the jutsus r fine spikes hittin 3 times is normal fire bullets and water bullets hit 3 times even fire dragon the bullets hit 3 times if u run diag  making spikes run cast is fkin stoopid everything earth has is already run cast LOL spikes r the only jutsu that doesn't have run cast

16 minutes ago, Cadis Etrama Raizel said:

how are u talking about homing and spikes wdf
what should be nerfed is these earth wall and earth prison the rest of the jutsus r fine spikes hittin 3 times is normal fire bullets and water bullets hit 3 times even fire dragon the bullets hit 3 times if u run diag  making spikes run cast is fkin stoopid everything earth has is already run cast LOL spikes r the only jutsu that doesn't have run cast

I agree that adding runcast to spikes might not be the best solution since its earths only insta cast, but the comparisons to fire/water bullets isn't exactly fair. Spikes has the ability to triple hit, very long range, and it pierces to hit multiple targets. I think the range and piercing ability should be looked at for this jutsu if nerfs were going to come through.

Earth really is fine. There may be only one thing that could change for the best.

Earth prison shouldnt damage targets. The jutsu literally are walls surrounding the enemy target. Walls never hurted anybody. In group fights, rooting anyone in this VERY long range already is fantastic. It having damage just makes it the very best team fight cc, but also team fight DPS.

Its situational, but when you have 100 int and land earth prison on 10 targets, you do about 650 damage in a single jutsu that required no aim. It could also do 6500000 if the number of players was high enough. My point is, Its already a super useful as a mass homing root. Why does it damage the target. There are no spikes, no projectiles. These really are just walls. 

6 hours ago, Atrane said:

I agree that adding runcast to spikes might not be the best solution since its earths only insta cast, but the comparisons to fire/water bullets isn't exactly fair. Spikes has the ability to triple hit, very long range, and it pierces to hit multiple targets. I think the range and piercing ability should be looked at for this jutsu if nerfs were going to come through.

fire and water literally hit 3 times as well i can show u some clips of it happening and it hurts waaay more than the spikes one but i agree spikes shouldn't hit 3 times i am just sayin its a thing in the game that some jutsus can hit 3 times

2 hours ago, Cadis Etrama Raizel said:

fire and water literally hit 3 times as well i can show u some clips of it happening and it hurts waaay more than the spikes one but i agree spikes shouldn't hit 3 times i am just sayin its a thing in the game that some jutsus can hit 3 times

im aware that they can hit 3 times lol, im saying the difference is that they don't pierce when earth spikes do

WHAT NEED A NERF IS :

wall it shouldnt cancel.

ep it to op and broken   .

mud river it to ez to land against so so many jutsu and does slow  effect as a bonus .

Spikes is fine but the jutsu range is beyond stupid it over 15 tiles i think.

14 hours ago, MankZz said:

Skilled mastery, learn it perfectly you’ll do good.

Not all the players really know how to use Earth correctly, unless it’s Eath Pillar that you don’t really need “skills” for that.

I don’t agree with all those nerfs, but only Earth Pillar would sound ok to nerf since it’s low cd and homing.

Earth Prison is in my opinion balanced, the chance to get stun or the enemy move you while casting it in team fight is so high. 
In 1v1 it’s even harder to hit, don’t forget it’s 2 sec cast time, players who play this game will notice an Earth user trying to use prison jutsu and immediately try to stop him/run.

it a no skill master right now not harder then  tai at this point.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:17 PM, Rumaki said:

Horrible.

The game's balance been mass nerfing n earth which was considered " balanced " is now strong because everything has been nerfed to the ground.
other masteries should get buffed instead.

that being said if the mastery needs nerfs anyways here's what id suggest.

Pillar has low CD because it's the lowest scaling elemental homing if anything the dmg should be lowered since spikes does so much dmg alrdy

Ep def needs a player targets cap 

Spikes can't b a runcast then  earth would have no instant casts dmg

earth wall shouldn't cancel that made it a bit overturned

and mud river slow can b lowered 

i agree with you but the mud river, the effect is like 3-4 seconds, its very small for reduce it, maybe 1 second but the time u got slow I is very low