Puppet summons

Sirch

Question

This is not in reference to Puppet Brigade summons, this is specifically for normal Sand village Puppet summons.

Currently there is no reason to have these summons, new players are told not to use a summoning scroll on these as they are inferior to every other current animal summon. Checking the discord or forums for Puppet discussion you can find many veteran players trying to sway new players to stay away from Puppet summons, it's very sad to see.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Current Puppet state notes:

-Same summoning scroll requirement(10 scrolls at 10%). This is where knowledgeable players will tell you not to waste a successful summoning scroll on a Puppet.

-Puppets are weaker than animal summons in level and stats.

-Even though these Puppet summons are weaker in every way than animal summons, the jutsu cool down for summoning Puppets cannot be upgraded, leaving them a lower level, weaker, and on cooldown longer than every other summon.

To recap:

-Inferior to every other summon

-Longest cool down out of all summons, as they do not level/rank up

-Same scroll cost as every other summon

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm here only in hopes that this brings discussion on the topic, hoping to shed some light on the state of current Puppet summons. 

I'll throw some quick suggestions out but I may not be as knowledgeable as some veteran players on the subject:

-Puppet summons could stay as they are, weaker than every animal summon, but players could have the ability to summon two out at once. Out of all the summons, I could understand a Puppet user/player being able to control two at once. This would even fit narrative and lore.

-The obvious: Give Puppet summons the ability to level/rank up, which would allow cool down to decrease and stats to increase on par with other summons. 

Appreciate all the work the team does on the game. 

• Like 6

3 answers to this question