Streamlining the new player experience and simple, more overall content

Genocidal

Question

I'm making these suggestions in an attempt to expand the in-game content and to further streamline the learning curve and leveling process mainly(but not exclusively) for brand-new players.

The first part of my suggestion is to make the world map when in the overworld clearer and more comprehensive. Something as simple as a diagram would suffice for a quick fix to this problem. Here is an example of what can be put in the in-game world map:

https://picbun.com/p/SslHqSc6

What is actually put in-game should hopefully be a bit more polished than this, but even something like this would be a huge improvement. The lack of a more comprehensive world map, and missions lacking any sort of markers that can lead you to the necessary destination makes this game unnecessarily and disproportionately difficult for new players, in fact, it's one of the things that serves as a barrier of entry to this game, demanding that every new player spends potentially several hours exploring the map not to learn more about it, and not in a logical, progressive way, but all at once solely to find where to complete one mission. If this game expects to reach anything more than a very niche audience of not only Naruto fans/people who can recognize good pvp when they see it, but also only those who are willing to endure throwing many many hours away before they even know what they're getting into, more quality of life additions like this one must be made.

Second suggestion in this thread is focused more on introducing new content to the game. The addition of the level 20 arc is great for the game, it eases the pain of being a level 20 lowbie and I'm really glad such addition was made.

My suggestion here is a simple one: the addition of two NPCs, first, the " Daily Hunting Task" NPC. This should be an NPC you can talk to every day that will task you with killing a certain amount of a specific monster, the monster and the amount you must kill should be based on your level, as should the rewards(EXP/Ryo/new currency to be spent on another NPC).

The NPC also doesn't need to be limited to one hunting task per day, it could give you multiple of those, how many is to be decided by the developer, this NPC should be giving you tasks from as early as level 10, if not earlier. The level 10-16/17 experience in this game, at least for the Leaf Village, is truly insufferable, the new HP regeneration system has made it less insufferable, but I believe it is still too much to ask from new players who are just trying the game out, without even knowing when the mindless grind for pitiful experience per kill will end, with dailies that do not give a reasonable amount of experience and not even knowing when or if that will ever change. That is not a good first impression of the game.

The first Hunting Task NPC could make the level10-to-16/17 experience a lot more entertaining, shorter, and give a sense of meaning to it.

The second NPC I suggest is similar to the first, a "Hunting Task NPC," this one is supposed to be a one-time NPC, meaning that every task this NPC gives you is part of a one-time progression line. So for example, in the Leaf Village this NPC would task you with killing 25-50 or so Larvas in its very first task, which is for level 1 or above players, once completed, you would be required to be level 5 or above for the next task, which would be to kill 100 or so spiders, once completed, the NPC will require you to be level 10 for its next task, in which it will task you with killing 150? 200? 250? or so wolves, and so on and so on. This would further streamline the leveling experience, especially for low level players, to be more than just mindlessly killing spiders and wolves for hours in the most boring way possible, for incredibly low EXP.

The rewards these NPCs provide are to be decided, the daily one should definitely reward EXP, and possibly ryo, with it rewarding nothing but ryo and possibly some sort of special currency that can be traded for cosmetics and whatnot for max level players(at least until the level cap is increased, the NPC should then be re-adjusted to that change). I believe both of these NPCs should reward decent EXP, especially for low level players.

• Like 6

3 answers to this question