Please re-evaluate the healing Jutsu recent changes

Sirch

Question

Treat Wounds 
Update changes:
No change to chakra points cost,
No Change to animation or movement cast, 
(Nerf due to animation not lining up with new cast time) [EDIT: CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE FOR THIS]
Casting time changed from 1 second to 2 seconds, (Nerf)
Given identifying alert on use (Nerf)

- 10 chakra points cost
- 14 second cooldown
- 4 heals(scale with chakra stat) every 3 seconds for a 12 second duration
(80 chakra stat = 65 heal ticks x 4 for 12 sec. = 260)
- 2 second casting time
- Stationary cast
- Identifying casting notification
- Can only cast on others

Cell Regeneration
Update changes:
Chakra points cost reduced from 140 rank 3 to 100 rank 3, (Buff)
Healing amount increased, (Buff)
Can now cast while on the run (Buff) [EDIT: CHANGE HAS EEN MADE FOR THIS]

- 100 chakra points cost
- 24 second cooldown
- 5 heals(scale with chakra stat) every 2 seconds for a 9 second duration
(80 chakra stat = 50 heal ticks x 4 for 12 sec. = 250)
- 2 second casting time
- Running cast
- Identifying casting notification
- Can cast on others and self

------------------------------------------------------------------

Cell Regeneration heals for essentially the same amount of total heals as Treat Wounds, but in a shorter amount of time, while being able to cast from afar at a 9 tile difference-- and the only self heal. 

New Treat Wounds notification is more identifying than Cell Regeneration's notification. This was fine when cast time was 1 second, the new sound is easier to pick up and can make players more alert, which is both a pro and con for team play. Good players would always be on the look out for a Treat Wounds heal either way. 

Coordinating with teammate for Treat Wounds in team fights use to be have to be done some what tactically. Good players knew when to look for these or give them out. Likewise, good players also know when to look for these and disrupt. Previously this was a quick exchange. Now Treat Wounds is easily disreputable with the additional cast time. On top of this the animation does not match the cast time for Treat wounds, making it confusing for players to land correctly when in team fights. 

Dont even know where to begin with Cell Regeneration.. Watch a 1v1 auto-tournament after the recent patch. If that doesnt sway anyone for change to be made I'm not sure what to say.. There were multiple matches that finished due to time out, with the strategy for the match being get the last hit due to both players being at full health. In the few months I've played, and the tons of auto tournaments I've been to, I have only seen one time out win. 

Opinion: 
First and foremost,
remove run cast from Cell Regeneration, revert Treat Wounds back to 1 second cast time.

Adjust the healing output between Treat wounds and Cell Regeneration, should a ranged heal and basically-not-a-ranged heal have the same healing output? 

Adjust Cell Regeneration cooldown, make it longer. 

Really want to keep Treat Wounds as 2 second cast time? Make Treat Wounds a walk cast/run cast while being 2 seconds. If not keep it at 1 second and keep both Jutsu as stationary. 

Lets get wild opinion: 
Cell Regeneration:
Remove self heal, making it only cast-able on others.
Remove the run casting.
Keep the 2 second cast time.
Keep the 11 tile cast range. 
Give a longer cool down than current 24 seconds.
Give longer heals over time with smaller heal ticks. 

Treat Wounds:
Change to self cast-able, making it cast-able on others and yourself(switching it to the only self heal, which can help new players as well, maybe not scare people off from playing medic).
Remove stationary casting, give it a walking movement. 
Keep the 2 second cast time. Adjust animation to work with this.
Keep the 3 tile cast range. 
Give a longer cool down than current 14 seconds, but not overkill(18? 20? Depends on total heal output).
Give shorter heals over time with larger heal ticks. 

Debatable on if they should both have similar heal output or not. 

-Signed a healer

(PLEASE think about bringing people on for a balance team)

EDIT: 
THANK YOU @Ueda for reverting the experimental run cast on Cell Regeneration

THANK YOU @Erox for adjusting the Treat Wounds animation for the new two second cast timer

Appreciate what you do, please consider other healing changes as well :)

• Like 4

4 answers to this question

The absolute outstanding difference in how hard something becomes to cancel when it is a walk/run cast compared to a stand still cast is very high.

I don't think treat wounds should be a walk/run cast, it will make chakra medic gameplay too frustrating to fight against.

I DO think treat wounds should go back to 1s cast time. Sirch nailed the point perfectly here, it took skill and coordination and was very rewarding for combat medic gameplay. Now medics are reduced to sitting in the backline just waiting, channeling the slowest support skills in the game, while others have fun.

6 hours ago, Azakeru said:

The absolute outstanding difference in how hard something becomes to cancel when it is a walk/run cast compared to a stand still cast is very high.

I don't think treat wounds should be a walk/run cast, it will make chakra medic gameplay too frustrating to fight against.

I DO think treat wounds should go back to 1s cast time. Sirch nailed the point perfectly here, it took skill and coordination and was very rewarding for combat medic gameplay. Now medics are reduced to sitting in the backline just waiting, channeling the slowest support skills in the game, while others have fun.

Exactly. 

Cell Regen was reverted. 

Treat Wounds is still nerfed with the extra second cast time. It is what it is, but supporting in Nin is limited as it is, now Medics are forced to play in the back if they are trying to land any sort of heal, severely handicapping any sort of combat medic role.

I only think Treat Wounds should be a walk cast if it's staying at the 2 second cast time. If it's not staying as the 2 second cast time and goes back to 1 second, leave it stationary :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sirch said:

I only think Treat Wounds should be a walk cast if it's staying at the 2 second cast time. If it's not staying as the 2 second cast time and goes back to 1 second, leave it stationary :)

I agree with this 100% and the main reason I made my other post.

TW the way it is rn is useless unless you are in PvE or standing in the back line of big raid fights.