Why Weather Needs to be Fixed/Removed

TKO

image.thumb.png.40776aca7ab292fd042e7e6129206b5c.png

Not only does weather cause a massive FPS reduction when it's on, you can literally barely see anything in this screenshot because when you turn off the weather, it FREEZES the weather instead of removing it from your sight. It's bad enough there's a day/night cycle that isn't optional, this weather was added first and when it was added it was still like this. Either it needs to be optimized or removed until further notice. Imagine trying to fight on this map while the rain is like this. This is another reason why danger zones are dead during the weather. Limited visibility. I have to squint to see a spider while zoomed in. 

I've heard of people going as far as deleting certain files in their client folders to try and remove the weather, some going as far as using third party programs such as cheat engine to try and get rid of the weather. I myself have tried going into the folder to try and find whatever file is causing this to remove it. This is clearly a much more pressing issue than people are willing to admit. 

• Like 2

Defently agree, then with the new light effects, add rain+night+brightness.. I can't see stuff, yep my eyes are not at it's best and its really struggling

And lets not begin with Rain in mist boar map during the night, thats just impossible to see.

A fix to the rain sprites would be so much greatful, I really dont mind the weather, but this rain could use a huge improvement, as it looks now seem to be like ice spikes failing more than water

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daftzy said:

Defently agree, then with the new light effects, add rain+night+brightness.. I can't see stuff, yep my eyes are not at it's best and its really struggling

And lets not begin with Rain in mist boar map during the night, thats just impossible to see.

A fix to the rain sprites would be so much greatful, I really dont mind the weather, but this rain could use a huge improvement, as it looks now seem to be like ice spikes failing more than water

boars map is infamous, you obtain perf cloak in that map when its rain+night+mist

and I mean yeah weather removal feature would be nice but I kinda am used to it at this point and its part of the world buildin

you shall know weather induced tool hiding pain

• Like 1