FEEDBACKS ON FAN!

Lumy

Question

Hello, @Ueda

The recent changes on Tornadoes have made a lot of noises within the community. I do agree it needed a nerf but I think some stuff needs to be worked on for FAN WIND to not cope too much for it. I think we can all agree that tornadoes were mostly abused by INT WIND focused ninjas with 20 strength points and WM/Fans with INT points so that they could burst you out easily out of the Flicker + Tornadoes combo setter. Knowing that Tornadoes won't be reverted, I'd rather suggest other things.

TAKE IN NOTES THAT THOSE ARE JUST FEEDBACKS I KNOW THAT MY SUGGESTIONS MY NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED BUT MY MAIN POINT IS ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE MASTERY

FAN OVERALL
With the recent changes , FAN WIND (Pure Strength) has been nerfed to the ground. It can still hold its own to me but it is way too weak.

Let's look at the kit.

Tornadoes 1sec cast time - 1 sec selfstun - 1 sec stun
Homing : 2sec cast time
Slicing Wind : 1sec cast time - 1sec selfstun - knockbacks
Windmask : 1 sec cast time - 1 sec stun/snare(I don't know if it's a snare or stun or how long it last) - 5 second slow
Wind Barrage : 1 sec selfstun
Cyclone : 2 sec cast time

With how low damaging Fan is, I think it is unfair to have the whole kit having either a cast time or a selfstun.

-1/3 of its kit has 2sec cast time. 
- 5/6 of its kit has a cast time
- 1/2 of its kit has a selfstun

I think you guys get where I'm going from with this. I think with this big of a nerf on Fan's kit. Other jutsus should be worked on. I have about 4 suggestions.

SLICING WIND
Remove the cast time, it already has 1 sec selfstun. Removing the cast time evens out the risk/reward aspect of the mastery.

CYCLONE

Either revert the recent change on it, I don't think it should casted 3-4 tiles from the user, it is so funky to use OR reduce it's cast time to one second.

FAN HOMING

I think the homing does like 3 more damage than the fan melee which is wrong for a 2 sec cast time homing. I don't necessarly know what I can suggest about the jutsu but I think it's wrong to have this low base damage and this high of a cast time. Increasing the damage, reducing the CP or whatever would be fine with me to be honest.

BARRAGE

Increase the range or the base damage of the jutsu. By using the jutsu you're literally exposing yourself just to do some damage by being selfstun for 1sec. The reward for the risk taken is just not balanced in my opinion.

Obviously, I don't expect all of the changes to be in the game but one single buff of any other jutsu on the kit is fine for me because PURE STRENGTH WIND took a huge hit because of the other path's benefit from it.

• Like 4

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Lumy said:

Obviously, I don't expect all of the changes to be in the game but one single buff of any other jutsu on the kit is fine for me because PURE STRENGTH WIND took a huge hit because of the other path's benefit from it.

Definitely, and this needs to be fixed before making changes to str fan.

1) Remove kb/snare from fan/pipe

and/or

2) Add a function to stat reset that makes you have to pick a sub-category for masteries.

(i.e. you cannot use fan/fan jutsus because you do not specialize in Fanjutsu wind mastery!)

-----

Key thing to note is that Fan should make up the difference of being solo mastery if Rory chooses this route

OR

Fan should be compatible with another mastery (preferably str stat)

HOWEVER

Fan wind should not benefit from 3 masteries which is what the community is currently arguing about.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 7:07 PM, Seifer said:

Definitely, and this needs to be fixed before making changes to str fan.

1) Remove kb/snare from fan/pipe

and/or

2) Add a function to stat reset that makes you have to pick a sub-category for masteries.

(i.e. you cannot use fan/fan jutsus because you do not specialize in Fanjutsu wind mastery!)

-----

Key thing to note is that Fan should make up the difference of being solo mastery if Rory chooses this route

OR

Fan should be compatible with another mastery (preferably str stat)

HOWEVER

Fan wind should not benefit from 3 masteries which is what the community is currently arguing about.

Yeah that's the whole point, I don't care what gets added or removed but as long as something gets done about it I'm fine with it.

I think you will like what is planned for the self stun that currently interrupts the flow of the fan wind kit the most.

The power of the fan weapon and STR Wind's important jutsus should stay with players dedicated to the fan mastery and should not be easily accessible to every wind build.