Balance team

Itta

Balance team  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should the balance team stay or should it be disbanded?

• It should stay
    • It should be disbanded

After the recent events with the balance team where members of the team were removed due to disagreeing with the balance team leader I am curious on the community's opinion on the continuation of the balance team.

• Like 11

I think you should clarify if the balance team as a concept should stay, but with different leader. 

EDIT: I am for a balance team but its always a problem when 1 person gets too much power which is why we tried to set up safeguards to prevent exactly this sort of thing happening (see below):

unknown.pngunknown.png

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 2:16 AM, Yugure said:

Err... I just don't think players should be telling the admins how to balance the game. 

There could be testers instead of the balance team. They test the changes that are made to the balance by the developers and give feedback what was good/bad and devs can act accordingly to the feedback. They would also test the new content before its pushed out to the public, this way they would be way more valuable than only a balance team.

The problem with the balance team is that they are players. And some are really some ego pool. Early 18ish teenagers who actually got some brain but doesnt realize that it makes them over confident in their own capcities. Ultimately they will act in their own intersest and being more than just a player while not being a staff member will make them think that they value much more than the rest of us. Thats how I would be. 

Im 100% for a balance team and I think that there were many good changes made over their term. Nobody's perfect and I have never meet a single person in my life that could be unbiased toward his job/friends/feelings etc..

The best of both world would be to have rory and a couple of staff be the balance team. We as players would give our opinion toward the balance with the surveys and then the balance team made of staff members would study our answer and come up with their own opinion about it. I personally really liked rory's balance even tho there were major things he did not change over the years. Mainly flicker for me.

In the end, rory listened to the player base asking for a balance team and those players whinned about a balance team being there. Everyone always become sensitive when its about the balance because were all very much biased. Our opinion is based on our side of the coin. And it will ALWAYS be that way.

• Like 4

I'm confused. Balance team is player based for players. It's a nice approach, but it doesn't solve the problem in my opinion.

First of all, a balance patch shouldn't change a mastery to a point, where it becomes something entirely new. Sure it sounds good. 
But if you spend weeks in a sanity/time devouring daily routine just to reach the endgame, you don't want your desired mastery to change. You picked the mastery for a reason. Unless you get a compensation in case of a mastery reset.

Second, the approach to balance the masteries is great. you work on them one by one to make them "great", the problem tho: You make them great in "your" opinion. - If its the staff deciding the changes, we have to accept it to a degree. But if players do it, you can most certainly say, its biased. Even if they claim its not, we're still human beings. (not very smart ones either) 

The perfect balance is easy to achieve, without to ruin the actual structure people spend their lifetime for, on the run to the endgame.
You pick a mastery, find it's flaws and tweak it, to a point, where it's able to keep up with other masteries. Then you pick the next mastery and do the same. 
You don't break them by nerfing them over and over. Unless as mentioned in the first point, you actually compensate the player. A stat reset isn't really much of a compensation, if you just destroy weeks of work in a blink of an eye.

• Like 3