when will this game revive?

Miizuki

Hard to tell. Since leveling was made more time consuming we're not getting new players to stick around. Right now this game only benefits old players who play alts and have entire 8 hour periods of time to play the game on multiple accounts. Only new players are punished for dying because they can't afford to reduce BI without throwing away money for kunai/shuriken.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 11:33 PM, Daizo said:

Hard to tell. Since leveling was made more time consuming we're not getting new players to stick around. Right now this game only benefits old players who play alts and have entire 8 hour periods of time to play the game on multiple accounts. Only new players are punished for dying because they can't afford to reduce BI without throwing away money for kunai/shuriken.

Harassing world.

I'd come back if they dropped the last two villages (Cloud and Stone). It would obviously mean a lot to us all if we had all five villages after all. It's so boring having just missings, mist leaf and sand. In our brain it's like going to half of a Walmart. At this point the majority of us explored most of the content offered. It's a no brainer why people don't play. The only content left for most of us is Land of Iron but it's more grindy than life itself. 

13 hours ago, Yugure said:

I'd come back if they dropped the last two villages (Cloud and Stone). It would obviously mean a lot to us all if we had all five villages after all. It's so boring having just missings, mist leaf and sand. In our brain it's like going to half of a Walmart. At this point the majority of us explored most of the content offered. It's a no brainer why people don't play. The only content left for most of us is Land of Iron but it's more grindy than life itself. 

?? that'd fully kill the game lmao

Most of the old player base tend to think that the game lacks content. It does not. We have been siffoning this game content for several years of hardcore playing. For most of us hardcore fans, 80% to 100% of the game content was achieved by playing several years logging in everydays.
As i do not denny that content takes long to come, the game itself has enough content to be counted as a full game. We just beaten Nin and want more because it was fun.

• 7 months later...

It's unfortunate to hear that new players are having a harder time with the game due to the recent changes. However, I think it's worth mentioning that some games that pay real money can be pretty time-consuming and challenging, especially for new players. If you're looking for ways to make the most of your time and effort in the game, it might be worth checking out some online communities or forums where you can connect with other players and learn more about different strategies and techniques. And as an option, you can redirect your efforts to cash pay real money. Who knows, you might even find some new friends to play with and help you level up faster!

I think the game is in a better place recently. There's ACTUAL work being put into tons of QoL things and PvP balance is pretty good, people have even said it's best it's ever been. Content will come with time but there's definitely things to do as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The ebb and flow of game communities can be unpredictable, but I'm hopeful that NinOnline will have a resurgence. Sometimes it just takes the right combination of events or updates to bring players back. In the meantime, why not reminisce about the good times we had in the game? I love online games, and I even like offline ones lately. I've even been using a dice roller online to play monopoly with my relatives. It was fun. 

On 9/4/2022 at 10:16 PM, Cosbo said:

?? that'd fully kill the game lmao

How would it kill the game? -lmao

Adding more content and expanding the available options for exploration would enhance the overall experience. Perhaps you're suggesting that there aren't enough players to maintain a thriving community in each village? This issue primarily stems from the game itself and its ability to attract new players. The majority of the current player base consists of long-standing community members. By refusing to introduce captivating content that would pique interest, the game is essentially allowing its own death to continue.

What we truly need in terms of content is exhilarating material, rather than introducing new NPCs who simply assign quests to slay 80 leopards or collect their tails. We require genuinely gratifying content that triggers dopamine responses, such as the inclusion of fresh jutsus, impressive weapons, and obtainable items. These additions should evoke a genuine desire within players to grind.

"Who needs to be a slave to the clock when you can unleash your inner ninja and bend time itself with epic moves? Embrace the art of ninjutsu and leave the 9-to-5 grind in the dust!"

^ - Cookie

Just thought I'd add - being a brand new player myself. I think the best way to revive to make new players stick around is find a better balance between "the grind" and "the action".

The daily missions are nice for people who want to log, do a few and come back the next day. But the best way to make it addictive and amp up play hours (which may make people want to stay) is to add more mission play for lower XP gains, so its less about kill X scorpions over and over and do something that seems varied. 4 missions is ok, but id like more. Story driven even. I like the fact it takes time to level, but how we do it is important. 

Also - progression. Most people seem to sit at Genin? Why is that? 

Are there enough spaces in the game's organisations to give everyone something RP fun to do? I'd love RP missions, but can't find a Chuunin/squad for the life of me. 

6 hours ago, Kalto said:

The daily missions are nice for people who want to log, do a few and come back the next day. 

Also - progression. Most people seem to sit at Genin? Why is that?

I absolutely hate daily missions lol. Making them the main exp source doesn't make sense, limiting the ammount of time someone can play doesn't make sense.

Yeah you can grind, but that should always be the last resource. Spending hours killing the same mob, just to level up 1/2 times, isn't it. Some arcs being extremely grindy ( 30 & 50 ) don't help either. 

About progression. One time every 2ish months, gms will host a Chuunin exam. Giving players the chance to get a promotion to chuunin.

Though i agree it's really off-putting seeing 80% of the playerbase be lv 60 and genin 

On 7/16/2023 at 8:19 AM, CookieLOLxx said:

Perhaps you're suggesting that there aren't enough players to maintain a thriving community in each village?

Pretty much yeah.

1 of 3 villages is completely dead, adding a 4th one would do nothing but kill the other 2.

I'm a sucker for map design and would 100% want new villages and zones, but first they need to fix player retention, progression, early levels, map layouts, pve, and a bunch of other stuff thats holding the game from getting ( and retaining ) new players.

• Like 1

From a new players perspective, i logged on during non-peak hours (37 players online), the grind felt tough like an oldschool maplestory of some kind. I dont mind grinding mobs with no quest but the fact you cant afford potions or throwables makes the grind unbearable. I feel like the mobs should always have at least the one base drop weather it be a fur or skin or whatever, so at least you can somewhat grind faster than a snails pace. Seems like any of the worthy content is not till way later in the game at level 50+. Some better outfits, maybe some basic Area Attacks with throwables. For example i wanted to go lightning first and weapon mastery second, unfortunately, i know i wouldn't enjoy grinding lightning to level 50 without any area attacks. it seems making money getting any gear or decent grinding skills will not happen till much later in the grind. So overall it is a really cool game, but just to grindy without much reward in the early stages. Also kinda weird seeing maxed out players not even ranked to jonin.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Foul said:

it seems making money getting any gear or decent grinding skills will not happen till much later in the grind. So overall it is a really cool game, but just to grindy without much reward in the early stages. Also kinda weird seeing maxed out players not even ranked to jonin.

Some masteries are not meant for grinding at early levels ( or at all ), which is why most people would tell a new player to " Pick it as your secondary mastery at lvl 50 "  , which kinda sucks but yeah. The early level grind is a huge reason why new players leave the game before even making it to lvl 30

OG narutards who participated in the Golden Era of BYOND when Shippuuden just released have become old. The numbers don't lie, the wave passed a long time ago. Back then I'd play the crappiest BYOND game out there as long as it was Naruto. There is a key, but the lock refuses to witness it so the water became stagnant.

For me a person that has played, took breaks, played again, and mass reset the game has become stagnant.

Yes there is alot of content but you can only do so much with the content without it becoming a repetitive process. There is several elements in the game that can be used to bring contennt other than just being quest grabs as 1 time missions. You could add weekly events/monthly and so on. Not even just events...it can be weekly/monthly quest that give rewards if completed by the end of the week/month. Theres several npcs roaming around that can be used for things or npcs that give dialogue that can open up some kind of quest/questline. Nin needs some kind of storyline/back story and a quest line to go with it outside of the regular leveling quest that rewards you every 10 levels. Auto events need to be a mix of events instead of just pvp. Add RLGL, dodgeball, lowbie events. Stop just telling low levels to "go grind" so they can enjoy the end game you players. This isn't the only content. 

Game just needs more overall sustaining content and not 1 time content. After you finish 30 arc 40 arc 50 arc its just farming spots for ryo sinks/earn ryo... They serve no other purpose. We have fishing..we need cooking, woodworking to craft boats to get across river faster and so on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Predicting the future of online gaming is always difficult. In the case of Ninonline, the situation is complicated by the fact that the developers made changes that made passing levels more time-consuming. This, in turn, made the game less attractive to new players. At this point, Ninonline may be most appealing to experienced players who have enough time and resources to keep playing. And this I think is one of the main reasons why there are fewer players, for new ones just don't come. We need to either fix it or introduce some kind of innovation, like the second game I play csgo csgo gamble

When I started, I found the world's content back then—which I noticed did improve here and there when I returned then saw new areas and quests—to be interesting enough for me to stick around. I grew up playing grindy games with harsh RNG for drops (and I also enjoyed Warframe), so I didn't mind that Nin required steadfast commitment to reach Lv50-60 as it felt very rewarding to gain levels, to get a rare item as a drop, and to learn new jutsus.

What made me stop playing was constantly being assailed by other players who were much higher level than me at the time. It made me feel helpless—like I couldn't get anything done until they left the area, and time is precious to some people depending on their lives/schedules. It felt even worse when you're unable to beseech those of your village to help you, but compared to the past, it has gotten much better in that regard.

While the grind from Lv1 to Lv50-60 can feel like a euphoric adventure at times during the beginning for some people like me, I will admit that it's... monotonous and very linear. We're killing the same NPCs for days—with only dailies, the few side-quests at certain levels, and leveling beyond those NPCs' level to break us away from that repetition, and once we are high enough level to move on to the next appropriate area, the repetition ensues.

Nin really could use dynamic content (e.g., #1 and #2) to artificially—this word isn't as bad as it sounds within this context—liven up its world, making it more reactive in response to its players, while providing new and interesting ways to earn XP and maybe even items/jutsus. We see this all the time in Naruto when the ninjas aren't focused on/distracted from the main plot (if the main plot isn't a source of their "distraction[s]" itself). Think of... Asheron's Call's live events—sort of, Guild Wars 2's dynamic eventsmeta events, and world bosses (best examples), and Elder Scrolls Online's world events.

I believe this would potentially rejuvenate the game, increase new and old player retention, and spread PvPlayers out from the spots where they would typically brutalize new/low level players.