Why is Nin Online getting strict on in-game text chat?

Rizuku
Go to solution Solved by Pakku,

But where does the line cross I've seen hardcore racism ignored and petty banter punished. If we cant figure out how to be insulting to each other for the "RP" and get banned/muted for no reason, then why bother saying anything right?

I agree, but again ppl have been punished for a simple insult not racist, homophobic and ect. Also with the new announcement @Erox put out if feels like we cant record and publish past fights because it "attacks character" and Its "public shaming."

• Solution

Every GM may react differently to "Offensive Language". But the general rule of thumb is, you will get warned/muted for cursing out members of the community on a personal level and potentially banned for Racial/Homophobic/Religious/Ethnic/shaming slurs.

Comments such as: "I hope you flaping die IRL"  -- Will result in warning/mute (unless it's a repeated offense then potentially ban).

Racial/Homophobic/Religious/Ethnic slurs/shaming can surpass warning/mute and end in a ban whether temporarily or not.

We look to make the Community a safe place for *all* of our members. That being said we look very closely to see what is within RP insults and what are personal attacks. If you have any complaints about Staff decisions you are free to message me for further review although I cannot guarantee action/reversal of decision for every case. 

Thank you for your understanding and for playing Nin! :)

• Like 1