1st Chunin Exams Recap

Ueda

Recapbanner.png

Dear Ninjas,

Thank you for participating in and watching the first ever Nin Online Chunin Exams! The event was a success with a total of 16 teams of 3 participating as Genins and 240 unique viewers  tuning in to our live stream of the event on Twitch.

However, the Chunin Exams was riddled with contempt for the Hokage who had put in many twists to the Examinations that some of the Genins viewed as unfair. With the current circumstances, it does seem like an uprising against the Hokage is brewing in the midst, will the contempt subside or will it escalate into something more sinister... only time will tell.

If you missed it, don't worry, the full stream is available to watch on our Youtube channel.

This will be one of the key monthly events held for role-play purposes. Genins who pass this stage will be granted permanent Chunin Rank and will participate in the role-play aspect of Nin Online with their given rank!

Congratulations to the first 2 ninjas to promote to Chunin Rank.
@Indra & @BrokenInside

Remember that everything that happens during the role-play event is meant for the purpose of role-play, and while I am very glad that everyone is dedicated to the game and willing to go through great lengths for it. Do note that Chunin Rank and other future events like Elections and Diplomacy are purely for role-play and do not provide you with any combat incentives. So I hope everyone understands why decisions being made are not as structured and fair as a truly PvP event would be held. Play nice!

Also, to address some concerns about the balance of the game, unfortunately, as much of the content is not complete while we're in alpha and beta stages, we still have to run our events and allow players to promote past Genin rank. This is part of phasing into running the game as a service and giving the players the full experience of Nin Online. If we do not start now, and we wait till everything is balanced it will be years before we have both our gameplay and roleplay systems running simultaneously. Now is as good a time as any to start working on our roleplay aspects!

Now that our first Chunin Exams is over, the develop focus is being shifted to development of the Sand Village.
There's much more planned and being created as we speak, but rest assured! This is just the beginning!

Regards,
Rory

• Like 9

• Ueda featured this topic
12 minutes ago, Konahri said:

Love the recaps, yet i doubt you should use the word "role-play" too much. -cough-.

Why not? I'm explaining that Chunin Exams is a role-play event.

EDIT: and that Chunin rank is a role-play rank and that while I am an administrator, I was role-play Hokage.

Just now, Konahri said:

1 of our Chunins did get to the Finals due to an "out of roleplay" Question. - Thats why i'm saying, careful mentioning it. 

Yes, I decided to add a question only people who have been around from early in the game's development would know.

To reveal a bit of information on grading, all ninjas who made it into preliminaries have a chance to promote to Chunin.
Unfortunately, the proctor who was grading them on role-play and character gave them scores too low to promote.

role-play

I like the Idea of having the chance to Promote with Roleplaying etc.

But yeah, like I have mentioned in other posts : If you expect us to attend a "Role-Play" Event, you should make sure "all" you do is In-Character.

"Early Development" Why not taking Inoki from the Flower Store? In the end its the same & its RP related.

Details.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NaDaara said:

i didnt die in the exam someone kicked me out of the forest why? shouldnt i win too cuz i didnt die?i just got teleported out 

The point of the Forest of Death was clearly stated to be: "Obtain the heaven and earth scroll and reach the building in the center of the map"

It was only possible for 2 teams to pass the second portion of the exam due to there being only 5 teams, so once two teams successfully collected the two previously noted scrolls the last remaining team was placed back on the Leaf Village map.

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

the last remaining team was placed back on the Leaf Village map.

that's the problem right there, it was said that if there was one team in the FoD they will pass but only one team no matter if they had scrolls or not. There was to be a second change for the player/players that did not die.

26 minutes ago, Dareem said:

that's the problem right there, it was said that if there was one team in the FoD they will pass but only one team no matter if they had scrolls or not. There was to be a second change for the player/players that did not die.

Actually the whole team had to be alive to pass with no scroll. 

I was just rewatching the Chunnin Exam, During the Forest of Death, Stage 3. It seems that Broken's team attacked a player who had his team bugged. While Rory was trying to assist they were attacking the person he was talking to. They were allowed to turn in the scroll dropped from that person. I am unsure if the exam should have been put on halt until the bug was clarified  or why that was allowed. If I could get some insight on that from Rory?

The exact time for that would be 2 hours 23 minutes -2 hours 25 minutes.

(I would also like to add that even though Hypno said that the error was fixed with Tachi, You do not see him move until the fight is over and scroll had been dropped.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Streetz said:

I was just rewatching the Chunnin Exam, During the Forest of Death, Stage 3. It seems that Broken's team attacked a player who had his team bugged. While Rory was trying to assist they were attacking the person he was talking to. They were allowed to turn in the scroll dropped from that person. I am unsure if the exam should have been put on halt until the bug was clarified  or why that was allowed. If I could get some insight on that from Rory?

The exact time for that would be 2 hours 23 minutes -2 hours 25 minutes.

(I would also like to add that even though Hypno said that the error was fixed with Tachi, You do not see him move until the fight is over and scroll had been dropped.)

The team member I was talking to was confused, his team had already passed the test, but his character did not warp to the next stage.
He didn't need to, the team leader who was holding both scrolls had moved to the next stage safely.
There was no problem there.

The entire event looked cool. Little sloppy, but it was the first time so I'm sure once a dozen or so of these have been hosted the whole process will go seamlessly. Cool concept to stream this live, however some coding for the camera man would've helped a lot. Just going invis seemed to cause some problems, randomly being hit by projectiles/jutsu and being ran into. I didn't participate in this event - but if I had - I can only imagine the frustration I would feel with my jutsu being absorbed by an invisible camera man.  In a lot of byond games there is a system in place where if you are standing in a certain tile (the outer rim of an arena) you have the option of viewing the fight within the arena free-camera style. That way you can view everything without being an actual physical body in the arena. Not sure if that's present already, but if not that'd be pretty smart. 

Dope event. Smart advertising. Borderline cringy commentary.

Congrats to the winners. Perhaps they should have some lore or something else dedicated to their victory.

• Like 4