1.9.4 Patch Notes

Seth

gameupdate.png

PatchnoteIntrodcutionHeader.png

pasted_image_at_2015_11_12_10_20_pm.png

Dear Ninja,

This is another quick patch to fix some balancing problems as well as add some changes to the game both balancing and content. This should be the final changes until the Sand Village, we're just making sure the game is smooth for several weeks in preparation for it and the Chunin Exams. :)

This is the final Open Alpha patch, after this we will transition to Closed Beta.

PatchnoteBugsHeader.png

• Fixed crashes with the game client and server.
  • Fixed Character Creation menu from not being able to be exited out of using escape key.
  • Fixed the popup text for Jutsus that damage Chakra to be the correct number.
  • Fixed a bug for not updating Team vitals when damaging Chakra.
  • Improved game loop, everything should feel and run better.
  • Improved tile rendering system to be more efficient.
  • Fixed logging in as other people.
  • Fixed server rollbacks and data loss.
  • Improved reliability of logging in, it now works much better without errors popping up as often.
  • Changed click sound back to what it was previously, the new hover sound has been kept.
  • Improvements to Events, more stable and less buggy. Tutorial bugs should be resolved for not repeating animations.
  • Fixed PvP button turning on by itself.
  • Improved the Team system to clear properly and be less buggy.
  • Fixed the promote  team button to set the right person as Captain and sometimes it would fail.
  • Fixed a problem where newly created accounts using social medias would not be able to login without first resetting the password,
  • Validating account verification has been removed from the game server due to not working anymore, if you do not validate your account we do not guarantee that it will be kept though.
  • Cloak of Invisibility can now be used if a projectile or trap has been used. It will no take you out of stealth if a user is hit either.
  • Water is selected by default when selecting an Element.
  • Fixed running animation to be more smooth.
  • Fixed getting stuck when leaving maps for some users.
  • Fixed a bug with not being able to use projectiles and Cloak of Invisibility.

PatchnoteFeaturesHeader.png

• Improved Movement System. It updates much faster and uses time rather than FPS to determine speed known as delta.
  • Improved the Login System. It now has a limit on how many logins you can do as part of our DoS Protection and generally faster and better.
  • Your target now displays team icons above other players who are in your target's team.
  • Death Window has been moved below the hotbar.
  • Level abbreviation changed to Lv. in Target Window.
  • Ping is now displayed on the screen instead of chat when entered and works more accurately updating once a second.
  • /fpslock, /ping, and /fps commands now save.
  • Removed the Team messages when joining a Team, it will only display a map message informing nearby players you have made a team as well as yourselves that it was created. Made it send a message when a Captain was promoted from a Team Member.
  • If mouse is disabled in options, it will also disable right click for attacks.
  • If no password is set for an account, it will inform you to use the social login instead.
  • Added Mastery descriptions when selecting an Element.
  • Removed login queue, to cut ahead of other players on game server.

wtf.gif

PatchnoteContentHeader.png

• Released Event Headquarters area.
  • Heal Wounds cooldown increased from 15-13-12 to 20-18-15 and rank 3 is no longer an instant cast. The Chakra cost increased from 25-30-35 to 30-40-50.
  • Regen now requires being out of combat for 15 seconds up from 5.
  • Health, Chakra, and damage no longer increase based on level.
  • Raised the damage of Mastery Jutsus. It is now 2x the damage of Weapon and Taijutsu.
  • Lightning Current has a 1 second end cast duration for all ranks.
  • Lightning Current, Lightning Cutter, and Spiraling Shuriken Chakra cost updated.
  • Updated Burning Ash Pile and Spiraling Shuriken Jutsu description.
  • Spiraling Shuriken rank 3 now explodes upon impact, damaging nearby targets in a 3 by 3 radius.
  • Burning Ash Pile now scales with Intellect and Chakra and the base damage has been lowered slightly.
  • Improved the arrows in the starting room of the Leaf Village Academy to be more accurate.
  • Updated the Scroll Shops to be more accurate for the level of Scrolls.
  • Shadow Shuriken scroll now requires level 30 to use.

Best Wishes,
Hitspark

QX6xgq8.png

• Like 3

• Seth changed the title to 1.9.4 Patch Notes
Just now, Nighma said:

He probably means that now only the real medics are gonna play medic, this weeds out the wannabes from the professionals.

Basically he just denied his own argument. Without the nerf they would even be better. There will still be players who'll try to pvp with medic. Just deal with it.

4 hours ago, Keyui said:

There will still be players who'll try to pvp with medic.

Yes players that play medic for what it is and not the people that play it because it's overpowered.

Now my problem is that every time they try to balance medical ninjas all they do is play with the heal and they forget that medics only have one move to hit a moving target (where all the other masteries have 2-4) with that move having low damage, a 7 sec cooldown and is very hard to hit, yes it can stun someone but what do you do after you stun someone, kick them because there is no way you can get to use poison cloud in that time. Apart from only having one attacking move we still only have one other move that is useful in PvP because bring someone back from the dead is most often a death wish, you can use clock to hide where you are but smart players can always tell when your are trying to resurrect someone.

I'm all good with balancing Heal Wounds because it was overpowered but when you nerf the only move that made a "class" good then it must be balanced out by buffing a move that helps make the "class" bad.

Guys it will not be done until tomorrow. I had to take the server down, because it had some serious bugs that I became aware of. I was hotfixing the game server of 1.9.3 (to resolve serious bugs) until this patch came out, but we're working hard to bring it out as soon as possible and just couldn't leave the game server up until we fixed all the bugs this time. Thanks for your patience.

3 hours ago, Dareem said:

Yes players that play medic for what it is and not the people that play it because it's overpowered.

Now my problem is that every time they try to balance medical ninjas all they do is play with the heal and they forget that medics only have one move to hit a moving target (where all the other masteries have 2-4) with that move having low damage, a 7 sec cooldown and is very hard to hit, yes it can stun someone but what do you do after you stun someone, kick them because there is no way you can get to use poison cloud in that time. Apart from only having one attacking move we still only have one other move that is useful in PvP because bring someone back from the dead is most often a death wish, you can use clock to hide where you are but smart players can always tell when your are trying to resurrect someone.

I'm all good with balancing Heal Wounds because it was overpowered but when you nerf the only move that made a "class" good then it must be balanced out by buffing a move that helps make the "class" bad.

You are assuming that besides the obvious advantages of being able to heal and resurrect allies and themselves, that medical-Nin are supposed to be even close to the offensive capabilities of an elemental mastery and that is simply bullshit. Never, no. It will never be that way. It would be completely broken.

And you're assuming that medical ninjas are supposed to be OP solo ninjas that can rely on themselves in 1v1 combat. That's never been the intention, the right balance is not one where each individual mastery is capable of 1v1ing another mastery. It's a team game.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dareem said:

I can't relate to this. In Theory you can only use Medic. I won a few Fights against 30 with only Medic. But I agree with Rory here. Medical Ninjas are not Fighters, it's not their Job to overwhelm the Enemy with Jutsus (take a look at my signature!!!). And yeah, "uhh we write our own Stories" and "those Rules maybe don't apply anymore" are just ridiculous. If you wanna be Combat Legend, don't pick Medical. Medical Nins are Supporters, the unsung Heroes if you will.
We need to be Smart instead of Strong, and by winning a Fight as a Medical Shinobi you proved that you are more then just "me damage, me good"
Patch 1.9.4 seems like the Perfect Balance , because 1.9.3 was a Love letter for all Medical Ninjas, so no Reason to complain.

If you choose to be a medic, you are paying support, so healing and reviving people, medic's should not PvP because they are not built for it. Most people choose medic for the healing and nothing else. I choose it because I wanted to roleplay as a healer, yet I am being told every time that I MUST PvP to become good, and I ask myself; "Good at what? Becoming a deadbeat player that can only fight and not roleplay or speak in normal sentences?"

So I don't mind the medic's get a little bit worse at PvP, medic's were never meant to go full PvP, have you ever seen a healer in a MMO or in some other game that focused on pure DPS without supporting their team with healing?

So yeah, I hope a lot now leave the medical jutsu's to the real medic's, not those that use medical only to heal in PvP.

• Like 1